Profile for M. TERRY-BEDFORD > Reviews

Content by M. TERRY-BEDFORD

M. TERRY-BEDFORD (Doncaster, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7
Duronic HDC02 /1m - 5 Year Warranty - High Speed v1.4 1080p 3D Ultra HD 1 Metre HDMI slim-line Cable with Ethernet - PS4 | Xbox | Virgin | Sky
Offered by DURONIC

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!, 20 April 2012
These cables are an absolute steal! I never thought that I would get a HDMI cable so good for £10. The quality of the image is certainly good and this is a good strongly built cable that will last for years. If you want a cable that you will use for passing through Audio/Visual equipment to plasma's and projectors, get these! 5/5, No need to pay £50 on high street HDMI cables!

PM103 Universal Projector Wall Mount Bracket Telescopic for All Projectors Tilt &Swivel
Offered by eHome

3.0 out of 5 stars It's okay, I suppose?, 20 April 2012
Bought this so that I can mount my Optoma HD600X-lv projector on the wall. I will admit that it does hold the projector up (unlike a few other reviews complaining that Optoma's aren't compatible) and the projector doesn't move up and down unlike a few other people's have. However, it is very rickety and wobbly at the top and on the plate which attatches the projector, but this was fixed with 'Gaffa Tape' which may seem a shame that tape is stronger than this mount, however I wouldn't totally reccommend it as thier are much better quality mounts out thier for the money.

CPO 3M Gold Plated VGA HD15 DDC Monitor SVGA Cable - Black and Blue
CPO 3M Gold Plated VGA HD15 DDC Monitor SVGA Cable - Black and Blue
Offered by The LACH Group

5.0 out of 5 stars 3M VGA Cable, 13 April 2012
This cable is plenty long for me to connect my PS2 (via component to VGA Adapter) and computer to my projector (with the splitter being at the back of my room). The quality of the cable is pretty good and it has twin ferite cores, so it is good for shielding out interfierance from my other devices so basically, YOU CAN'T GO WRONG! BARGAIN TOO!

5M UK IEC Power Cable
5M UK IEC Power Cable
Offered by The LACH Group

5.0 out of 5 stars It's a powercable!, 13 April 2012
A really cheap powercable that works and provides power to my projector that is mounted on the cielin. £5 is a bargain and it works!

Gold Switchable Scart to 3 Phono & S-Video Adaptor
Gold Switchable Scart to 3 Phono & S-Video Adaptor

5.0 out of 5 stars Scart Connector (can be in/out), 12 April 2012
I have plugged this adapter into the scart out socket of my scart selector and connect a 3m SVHS Cable that feeds to my Projector. This connector can be switched to be an input or output (unlike the ones that came with my XBOX 360 and Wii), has gold plated connectors and a durable design so it will last a long time, can't fault this. £2.75 + Free Delivery this cost me, I ain't dissapointed!

Fisual 1m Install Series Digital Optical Cable
Fisual 1m Install Series Digital Optical Cable
Offered by AudioVisual Online

5.0 out of 5 stars Theatre Quality Sound and Durable Design!, 12 April 2012
I am using this cable to connect my old Playstation 2 (no HDMI output) to my Reciever System. This cable has nice looking connectors and gold plated plugs (which aren't really necasarry for a Optical Cable). Sound quality is good and this isn't one of those cables that can snap like other Optical Cables. Be sure to remove the plastic bulbs off the ends of the cables before use otherwise you won't get any sound. If you are looking for a 1m Optical, BUY THIS. You won't be dissapointed.

Cable Mountain 10m Gold Plated VGA Cable with integrated 3.5mm Stereo Audio Jack Lead

5.0 out of 5 stars How can you go wrong?, 12 April 2012
If you are looking for a good quality long VGA Cable, this is the one to go for. The cable itself is 10m long but it is also pretty thick (not too thick) but it is good for shielding out electrical interfierance and preventing losses over long distances (I didn't suffer any type of quality reduction or colour loss). This does also have an intergrated audio jack which is also of pretty good quality and I measured this cable to be 40cm from the VGA Plug itself. The connectors on these cables are also of good quality, gold plated connectors to stop corrosion and the plugs feel strong an durable.

This is yet another MONSTER QUALITY cable for a good price. BUY THIS CABLE, You won't be dissapointed!

World of Data® 3m Delux SVHS Cable - High Quality - 100% Copper Wire - 24k Gold Plated - 4 Pin Video Lead - S-Video - TV - Male to Male
Offered by World of Data Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Quality!, 12 April 2012
This cable does the job perfectly for me to connect my scart devices via a scart selector with S-Video out to my projector. This cable is 3m long, which is long enough to reach my projector as the AV rack is at the back of my room and is very durable. The connectors on the end are gold plated and has a silver casing which looks very stylish. The cable itself is quiet thick but it doesn't bother me because that tells me it has plenty of screening and blocks out interfierance. I'd say it's just as good as MONSTER CABLES!

The picture quality caried by this cable is just great, I think it just looks as good as RGB Scart and this cable doesn't just carry S-Video Signals. It can also carry standard CVBS (Composite/AV) and RGB Signals, so no limitations there.

If you are looking for a 3M S-Video Cable. Buy this, you won't be dissapointed (for £3.99 too!)

LG SR906B 5.1 3D Receiver Systen
LG SR906B 5.1 3D Receiver Systen

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't Fault It. Especially for £200!, 11 April 2012
I ordered this on monday night at arround 6pm using standard first class delivery and I recieved it at 10am on wednesday morning. It was here in a flash!

The reciever arrived in a big box (one of the biggest that arrived at my house) and inside, first thing was the reciever, It looks more like a blu-ray player due to it's compact design and has a black aluminium front-plate and the rest of the box is gloss black, so it's nothing like other bulky recievers, I was well impressed! Next in the box you had the subwoofer, I do admid it is pretty big but it has a plenty of room for the air intake and it is a front-firing subwoofer (which you can't hear where it comes from), so I don't need to worry about disturbing my parents in the kitchen underneath me and it still produces good base too! The 5 speakers were last thing to come to (except from the manuals, remote control, etc.) and I think that they are the most stylish I have seen with a glossy black finish and they can also be mounted on the wall or on stands (except the centre channel one) and I found all of these satilites to produce a nice and clear vibrant sound making me always think "am I in my bedroom theatre or a real theatre?"

So the speakers sound great, look great, etc. Is installing them easy? Simply, yes it is. On the back of the reciever, on the right hand side, you will see 6 speaker terminals and the same as on the speakers itself. You can't go wrong here, each speaker wire is colour coded, so basically match the colour to the speaker, it's that simple and the speaker wires are just normal speaker wires, these ones are silver plated copper to make it look nice. If you have your TV and Reciever at the front of your room (unlike me) thier won't be a problem. Front Left/Centre/Subwoofer/Front Right cables are about 3m long and the 2 others for the rear are about 10m long, but if you have your Reciever and a Projector at the rear of the room (like me), you will need to buy your own speaker cable. Search 20m Fisual Strand and you can get a cable that is identical to the included ones. Inputs on the unit are good to, offering you the option to connect a wide veriety of devices. Thier is 3 HDMI inputs, 1 HDMI output, 2 Toslink inputs (optical), Coaxial Input, 3.5mm Jack input, RCA inputs and more. The HDMI passthrough is version 1.4 too, so you can pass through 3D and thier was no quality loss on my 1080p Projector at all! After you have wired everything in, simply connect the auto calibration microphone, place it where you sit, press "auto cal" on your remote and remain silent for 2 minutes then your fit to go! The systme can also go very loud (have to keep it not-too-loud to not annoy my parents, lol) The remote control is easy to use with batteries included too! The remote is like one of those that are included with recievers such as Onkyo's, etc. The reciever has alsorts of different sound presets, you can set it to Bypass which will play sound from the source without any further processing (it isn't 2 channel sound from 5.1 source but is on a 2 channel source), Bass Blast which gives you amazing bass from all the speakers without any loss what so ever in clarity, Natural Plus which basically plays the back left/right speakers the same as the front left/right and the center in mono which is ideal for background music/disco/kareoko at a house party and there are also other modes too. I use Bypass for 5.1 channel sound and from a 2 channel source such as a PC via 3.5mm jack, I use PLII Movie because this converts it to like a pseudo surround sound experiance which I like and also makes the sound clearer (PLII Movie and PLII Music are only available from Stereo and PLII Sources, not Dolby Digital or DTS).

BTW, I didn't set mine up using the optimizer microphone because it didn't work for my room, could be an available option but I couldn't use it. Also if you have an XBOX 360, set the audio output to Dolby Digital 5.1 (not WMA Pro) or if you have a PS3 (I have both), go into sound output settings and manualy select Dolby Digital 5.1 and DTS 5.1 as this reciever supports both of these and the sound is fantastic! It doesn't support DTS HD but it still sounds fantastic, trust me, it's 100x better than TV Speakers or iPod Docking Stations!

If you are looking for a budget surround sound system or are new to the audio visual technical world and don't know what to buy to make a surround sound system, GET THIS! You won't have wondered that you have made a wrong turn. BEWARE! You will never turn back to stereo or mono sound after buying this!

- UPDATE 14/12/2012 - I watched the "PSY - Gangman Style" music video from youtube (1080p) on this setup (This surround sound + my Optoma HD600X-LV HD Projector) through a normal 10m 3.5mm cable connected to my laptop. I set the volume to 50% (20/40) on BASS mode and it was extremely loud (like being at a disco with loud music, or maybe a little louder) and it still sounded absolutely crystal clear (no distortions or detail missing from the sound). So which begs the question, "Is this system good enough to host a party that you intend to have loud music and maybe a disco, even in a very large room?", Definetly!!!
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 30, 2012 1:46 PM BST

Optoma HD600X-LV Widescreen HD Ready Home Entertainment Projector (3000:1, 2500 ANSI, 720p, HDMI, 3DXL Compatible)

5.0 out of 5 stars Blown Up Mid 2013 (Bought Early 2012) - Had Trouble With It Since Day One!, 3 Mar. 2012
I know I rated this projector good even though it actually wasn't after a year of ownership, but I tried to like it, but unfortunately I couldn't. I rate things too generously but I overrated this one and would not recommend this projector!

My previous projector (also my first projector), a 'Samsung SP H03 LED Projector' which only put out a resolution of 854x480, 1000:1 contrast and 30 lumen brightness. I will admit that my previous projector is still (even in Mid-2014) 'To Be The Best' purchase I have ever made and I had far more fun with this fun/gadget projector than this 'Optoma HD600X-LV HD Projector' which is intended for home theater use. This projector, the Optoma HD600X-LV required a nightmare level of excessive picture tweaking, it only made it look decent. Yes as in the original review it is described as bright and clear, but the colour was never right and looked wrong to me all of the time I had it. The 'bright and clear' was also a little overrated in the review too.

Now onto the when the projector died. Normally when you first start this projector up, the picture is very dim and displays little colour until about after 30 seconds (it's full warmup cycle). On the day it died, I started it up and the warm-up cycle and then tended to stop brightening and building up in-terms of colour after about half way. I restarted it and the same happened again. After this I gave up and about 45 minutes later into a movie (dark, green washed and colour lacking, lol), there was that sudden loud bang and it suddenly shut off (loud enough to make me jump). It was dead, I couldn't start it back up again, not a single LED showing on the power/activity indicators. I contacted both Amazon and Optoma and there was nothing either can do about it, because it was out of warranty by only a few months. I kept trying with Amazon and Optoma to see if I can have a refund. I managed to get £75 worth of 'Amazon Gift Certificate' credit (very helpful of Amazon for at least giving me something, but still not worth the £380'ish that the projector cost me).

I know that it is no longer sold, but still don't consider it. I have now got an 'Optoma HD131X' from Costco for £649.99, with a 5M HDMI Cable and 5 year warranty and I love it. The 131X and Samsung LED are my best projectors, but not the 600X-LV.

<-Original Review: (Review Title: Fantastic!) 5/5 Stars->

I've had this projector for a year now (deleted my old review and re-reviewed it for a long-term one). All I must say is that it is fantastic! ...and definetely worth the money. The image is crisp, detailed, vivid and bright enough for use in low-mid lighting conditions (not good enough for daylight viewing with curtains open, but bright enough for low-lighting), so if you want background lighting (such as table-lamps, small halogen lamps, etc.) it is bright enough. It is very easy to use and setup, the remote has got good reception and is nicely layed out. It has plenty of inputs including HDMI, VGA for Computers, your standard S-VHS and AV (yellow) input, you can also connect component (YPbPr or Red Green Blue) to this projector with a cheap adaptor which I use to connect my PS2 Hd15 (Vga) Male To Rca X 3 Female, D / Shield, (Hd15 To Component Video) Adaptor, 1 Ft -- Not For Computer Use. I have used about 500-600 hours of the lamp (if I was to use it at this rate every year, the lamp will last for 6-7 years, but I may use it more this year so I should expect it to last 4-6 years on the ECO lamp setting which I am currently using.

I am currently using these items with this projector:

LG SR906B 5.1 3D Reciever System
XBOX 360 250GB
Premier AV TV-1158 Freeview Reciever
Sony PS2 (Old fat model)
...and soon maybe a blu-ray player.

One side note here is that none of the built in picture presets were for me. All of them had the colors off, blacks were grey, picture was too soft, etc. and it took me about a year of playing arround to get them right (I used Disney WoW to calibrate it and I also played with some other settings), and now it looks great. So I wrote some of them down (for HDMI input) to save you the trouble of finding them, ...or you can use them as a starting point:

Display Mode: User 1
BrilliantColor: 0
Color Temp: WARM
Color: All at default
Color Space: Auto

After that, it looks amazing (good blacks, contrast, colors, etc.). Overall, I must say that this is a fantastic projector (especially for the money) and I do reccommend it! I will also post some pictures, so you can get a rough idea of the quality before you buy, but it looks 20x better in real life than in the pictures.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7