Profile for G. Austin > Reviews

Astell&Kern AK Jr High Resolution Audio Player - Red
Astell&Kern AK Jr High Resolution Audio Player - Red
Offered by home AV direct

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful player, 3 May 2017
What a treat this is, I had high hopes and the sound is just fantastic! I play mainly CDs, but have started transferring my vinyl into it digitally and I am incredibly pleased with the results.
The build quality is fantastic, it feels solid and premium and turns some heads for sure. The file transfer is super simple, as is everything else, the touch screen is good and the menu system is clear and concise.
Playback is great, the gapless function works very well and the equaliser settings are great, the Pro equaliser sounds good, but I prefer my own tweaks depending on what I listen to.
This paired with B&O Beoplay H2s or Sennheiser M2 in ears or any other good headphones will put a smile on your face guaranteed

Astell&Kern PU Case for Junior Audio Player - Green
Astell&Kern PU Case for Junior Audio Player - Green

5.0 out of 5 stars quality product, 3 May 2017
Does exactly what you would expect, a quality item that fits the AK jr very comfortably and feels like it will last forever

B&O PLAY by Bang & Olufsen Beoplay H2 On-Ear Headphones - Carbon Blue
B&O PLAY by Bang & Olufsen Beoplay H2 On-Ear Headphones - Carbon Blue

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic headphones, 3 May 2017
I did a lot of research before purchasing these headphones, I had a rough price in mind (around £150) and through reading many reviews and actually trying these on in store I can honestly say I have never had a more comfortable or capable pair of headphones, I use an AK Jr to play CD quality or higher and these headphones nail everything perfectly. From The Smiths, to Muse, to Chet Baker I am very satisfied with my purchase.
These are very well made, the headband is perfectly sprung so the leather cups fit on the ear but you don't feel like you are wearing a head brace and the cups themselves are incredibly comfortable, even after hours, they also block out enough external noise without needing to crank it up too high and let enough sound in so you don't not hear the ambulance.
Don't hesitate, you will be happy I am sure.

Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 In-Ear Headphones for iOS - Black/Chrome
Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 In-Ear Headphones for iOS - Black/Chrome

3.0 out of 5 stars Great sound, low quality cable, 23 Sept. 2016
LOVE the sound quality, but after 6 months the cable has frayed at the bottom, customer service have ignored my repair request, I really hate having to chase these things.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 20, 2016 8:50 PM GMT

Fubevod Waterproof Backpack Travel Rucksack with Padded Laptop 15.6 Compartment Dark Grey
Offered by Fubevod

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good backpack, 23 Sept. 2016
Great backpack, is properly rain proof, tough, lots of pockets and sections, comfortable and great for everyday/holiday use.

iBasso D-Zero Mk2 Headphone AMP and USB DAC
iBasso D-Zero Mk2 Headphone AMP and USB DAC

5.0 out of 5 stars The Bass is good and punchy, 12 Feb. 2016
I am thoroughly impressed with this DAC, I have been using it with iphone 5 now for a couple of weeks with sennheiser 280 Pros and Sony MDR-EX650 in ears.
The Bass is good and punchy, the mids are nicely expressed and the top end has some great attack to it without being too much.
The advantage this has over other DACs is the fact it is self powered, which means a greater range of devices are supported and it also has the ability to just amplify via the 3.5mm jack.
If using with iOS devices buy the official usb adapter.

Destiny - The Taken King (Xbox One)
Destiny - The Taken King (Xbox One)
Offered by b68solutions

1.0 out of 5 stars this is disgusting, I feel like I am being forced to ..., 22 Sept. 2015
The original game I paid £40 is now gone!! all the content I was getting has now been locked out, this is disgusting, I feel like I am being forced to buy this expansion, which is another £40! The other thing is the bounty quests are now aimed at level 1 users - e.g Kill one person in the crucible, here is a level 10 armour pack for that... Unbelievably frustrating.
I agree with the other reviewers slating this, I am going to contact Bungie to complain.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 6, 2015 5:10 PM BST

Ricoh GC-5 Leather Case for GR Digital Camera (Black)
Ricoh GC-5 Leather Case for GR Digital Camera (Black)

2.0 out of 5 stars the design is flawed, the flap is held on ..., 6 Feb. 2015
the design is flawed, the flap is held on by poppers and I ended up losing this part entirely!

SPIGEN iPhone SE/5S/5 Case Protective [Neo Hybrid] [Dante Red] Slim Fit Dual Protection Cover for SE/5S/5 (SGP10363)

3.0 out of 5 stars great case, until the bottom plastic around the charging ..., 6 Feb. 2015
great case, until the bottom plastic around the charging port snapped from wear and tear. Feels and looks great though

RHA MA450i Noise Isolating In Ear Earphones with Remote and Microphone - Black (discontinued by manufacturer)

3.0 out of 5 stars Great sound quality and fit in the ears very well, 6 Feb. 2015
Great sound quality and fit in the ears very well, but I have had two pairs fail on me unfortunately
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 9, 2015 12:38 PM GMT