Profile for N. Williams > Reviews

Content by N. Williams

N. Williams (United Kingdom)

Slimming World's Curry Feast: 120 mouth-watering Indian recipes to make at home
Slimming World's Curry Feast: 120 mouth-watering Indian recipes to make at home
by Slimming World

5.0 out of 5 stars Great curries that are barely sinful!, 20 Jan. 2009
I don't do Slimming World, but I do do curry - a lot! This book was ideal for my husband and I, who are both curry fiends.

There's a huge variety of recipes - I've tried and tested the majority of the chicken ones, and I've cooked up a load of the meat dishes, side dishes and starters, all of which are simple, incredibly tasty and are now old favourites in our house. I use this book time and again and haven't been disappointed yet.

Once you have your staple spices in your cupboard (cumin, coriander, turmeric, cinnamon, chilli powder, cloves etc), you're pretty much set up to make most dishes in the book.

These curries are tasty, hearty meals and can easily be likened to some shop-bought curries - but healthier! Instead of using cream and coconut milk as traditional bases for sauces and thickeners, the book tends to use very low fat yoghurt instead.

Finally, many of the dishes are very quick in terms of preparation (cinnamon & coriander lamb shanks) and cooking time (chicken jalfrezi), so you rarely have to spend hours slaving over a hot stove to get a great meal.

All in all, regardless of whether you're watching your weight, I highly recommend this book - it's so easy to use, you don't need a billion different ingredients once you've invested in the initial basic spices, you're creating meals from scratch (no jars of sauces to be used in this book!) and the curries taste simply fantastic!

Suede: Introducing The Band [DVD]
Suede: Introducing The Band [DVD]
Dvd ~ Andy Crabb
Offered by moo-V-man MOST NEW ITEMS SEALED & POSTED FROM UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Suede - Introducing the Band, 12 May 2003
Well what can I say? Suede are just as excellent now as they have been from day one, and I'm so glad they decided to re-issue Introducing the Band on DVD. I have had the video from the moment it hit the shops all those years ago, but finding it on DVD was just a treat. Obviously, the picture etc. is a much better quality than VHS and Suede are just simply mindblowing. Packed with many great Dog Man Star hits (DMS album is rumoured to be many a Suede fan's favourite Suede album) as well as out of this world B-sides, this DVD is an absolute MUST for any die hard Suede fan. I would, however, like to see Love & Poison also brought out on this format too.... That would complete the set of Suede's visual releases just perfectly.
What I really like also is the fact that you have a great little insight to the content of Lost In TV in the extras section, as well as the photoshoot, Suede assing around (Simon's electric chair bit - quite amusing!) and Suede in Japan.
A lovely little number!