Profile for Irvine Brandy > Reviews

Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen (1-Disc) [DVD]
Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen (1-Disc) [DVD]
Dvd ~ Shia LaBeouf

1.0 out of 5 stars awful awful awful film., 28 Dec. 2009
I cant begin to describe how painful this film is. It is beyond awful. Save your money for a colonic, dental surgery, or to have someone slowly hide golf balls around your body.

I went to the cinema to see this, and accidentally walked into the wrong screen, that was also showing this film, but this showing was at 10 minutes from the end - I fully regret turning around and going into the correct screen to watch this trash from the start. It was like fate was trying to save me, but I walked away from it.
I am trying to save you the same pain, and your money. Even IF you have a chance to see this for nothing, or have the memory of having seen this implanted, without ever having to actually see it - dont.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Xtreme - it really is, 13 Mar. 2009
I am only into my 3rd week - and have already started to notice results.
you need to motivate yourself to keep pressing play, and you feel totally buzzed after you are finished!
This assumes some small amount of fitness - not a lot, but if you are obese, or sweat while you eat - you may struggle with this.
If you are new to fitness - this will hurt. The 1st week was a total killer, and the workouts do exactly that, they WORK you! But Tony Horton advocates "modify if you need to!" - you do not have to keep up with these guys, just do the best you can - something is better than nothing.
I still struggle on the pull-ups and chin-ups to produce anything over 1 or 2.

This DVD does require you to get other equipment - nothing that will break the bank, but you will need them to work out -
Mainly a pull-up bar and dumb bell weights.
They use other things like resistance bands (which may be substituted for the pull up bar and some of the weights) yoga mats, yoga blocks, heart moniter, push up bar etc etc -

I only have the weights and bar, and it is so far seeing me fine.
The one other thing I would add - I think diet with this programme is a big thing, and would certainly recommend trying to make sure you eat healthy.

quite simply -
If you want results and change - and you can make yourself dedicate 1 hour a day - this will get you those results.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 11, 2011 10:40 AM BST

Konk
Konk

1.0 out of 5 stars Morons of the world unite!, 11 Mar. 2008
This review is from: Konk (Audio CD)
I am going to give this 1 star purely on the basis that all those morons who have rated it 5 stars without hearing it should be banned from rating!
You heard a single - big wow! you think they're going to release a bad 1st single? go listen to One Night Only's album - a blinding anthem of a single (just for tonight) and an awful album! or dare I say it....the Killers awful 2nd album....
You people need help - NME is not the only fruit!
Comment Comments (10) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 15, 2008 1:04 PM BST

Started A Fire
Started A Fire

2.0 out of 5 stars a VERY generous 2 stars, 23 Feb. 2008
This review is from: Started A Fire (Audio CD)
mediocrity at its best. If this did not have the anthemic "just for tonight" it could certainly be main contender for worst album of 2008.
If you happen to like bland un-memorable music that doesnt make you want to dance or get stuck in your head, go for it.
On the plus side - Just for tonight is an absolute royal Tune, and you wont have to skip to get to it, as it is the 1st track. Sadly, you'll have to leap to stop the rest playing to avoid tarnishing such a great song (which NONE of the others are like - I was hoping to find these guys following in the wake of the Killers, by giving us the album they should have, instead of "Sams Rubbish" - but it's like a collection of bland kooks - which I find the kooks do well on their own)
My advice - get the single or download Just for tonight, and avoid this!

Takk...
Takk...

5.0 out of 5 stars simply beautiful, 19 Feb. 2008
This review is from: Takk... (Audio CD)
its a shame that Amazon tranishes its rating by allowing every fan to post 5 stars for any and ever piece of crap some mediocre band releases (Oasis - 4 stars? Pete Doherty - ANY stars!?) this usually means its hard to get a true feel what the album is actually like.
I think it has to be something special in order to get 5 stars, otherwise the rating loses its meaning. like here - this album DOES deserve 5 stars. it is unlike any classic masterpiece album, but all the same - it is a classic masterpiece.
This is Sigur Ros at their absolute tip top best physical condition, on form and showing the world. Glosoli, Hoppipolla (you'll know from the BBC) Saeglopur (the best track) and Andvari are rock solid tracks.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 31, 2009 11:49 AM GMT

Neon Bible
Neon Bible

4.0 out of 5 stars Stand out album of 2007!, 9 Feb. 2008
This review is from: Neon Bible (Audio CD)
This is definatly one you should have in your collection!
it is catchy - it is a classic - it is brillient
I am not the biggest Arcade Fire fan - but I will sing praise for this!
If you are toying with buying an album -
If you like catchy tunes with a bit of angst -
you wont go far wrong with this.

A Weekend in the City
A Weekend in the City

4.0 out of 5 stars Better than Silent Alarm? could be..., 9 Feb. 2008
This review is from: A Weekend in the City (Audio CD)
When I 1st listened to this, I was very unsure. But a couple days later - I had done nothing but listen to it!
I find that Bloc Party are one band I can never seem to get enough of - certainly their albums are amongst my most played (which includes Sigur Ros, Morrisey, The Smiths, Interpol)
Their ablity to produce catchy tunes, and tunes that you just do not get bored with, amazes me! If only other bands could take a note!
Its a shame these guys are tarnished with the NME brush - as they stand head and shoulders above anything that proudly wears that label - including the artic monkeys and oasis (both contenders for most over-rated band I feel)
This album is not all mind blowing brillience - there is electronic influence in it (which I dont mind, personally) but I dont think there is a Bad track on it. In the same way that there are certainly stand out tracks on Silent Alarm - you still wont object to listening to it all.
Better than Silent Alarm - it could be.

Sam's Town
Sam's Town
Offered by DVDBayFBA

2.0 out of 5 stars poor follow up that is very much lacking., 9 Feb. 2008
This review is from: Sam's Town (Audio CD)
For a band that was noticed in the UK 1st, this "American" album is a poor thanks for that. It lacks that edge and will leave you unsatisfied.
I was very impressed with the 1st album Hot Fuss - and was hopefull but cautious for the difficult follow up. Rightly so I feel.
This Album has a couple alright tunes on it - but that is all they are - Alright.
To put the sound into perspective for you - when I was listening to this on its release. I had a group of Old Irish guys come and ask me what Chris De Burg album that was I was listening to. - as funny as that little story is, I think it also served as a good review for its sound.

Im not saying that Chris is rubbish - Im just saying that the Killers shouldn't go around sounding a re-release of his stuff - leave that for him.
If you are a total die hard fan of this band (based on ONE album release, so god knows why you would be!?) then perhaps.
Otherwise - I'd advise you go try something else - there are a lot better albums out there you could buy. A healthy move onwards from Hot Fuss this certainly is not.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 2, 2008 4:23 PM GMT