Profile for D. Brennan > Reviews

Content by D. Brennan

D. Brennan (Marlbrough, Wiltshire England)

Page: 1 | 2
Men's Dunlop LUKE Suede Moccasins BLACK size 10
Men's Dunlop LUKE Suede Moccasins BLACK size 10
Offered by The Slippers Shop

4.0 out of 5 stars Just a replacement, 6 Jan. 2015
These were just a replacement

First4Spares Handle For LEC Fridges & Freezers

Pommery French Wholegrain Mustard, Pommery Meaux Mustard - 500g
Pommery French Wholegrain Mustard, Pommery Meaux Mustard - 500g
Offered by French Flavour Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 23 Aug. 2014
I have bought this on the internet before but price and delivery from this seller is excellent

Pommery Whole Grain Mustard Meaux, 500g
Pommery Whole Grain Mustard Meaux, 500g

4.0 out of 5 stars Great mustard, 5 Dec. 2013
This is a great mustard, but I prefer the plastic cap to the wax cap. Shame its not available on Amazon Prime

Plugable USB to RS-232 DB9 Serial Adapter (Prolific PL2303HX Rev D Chipset)
Plugable USB to RS-232 DB9 Serial Adapter (Prolific PL2303HX Rev D Chipset)
Offered by Plugable Technologies

5.0 out of 5 stars If you want get a serial connection on Linux use this, 23 Aug. 2012
I am currently working on a home project to interface my solar pannel inverter to my Linux based host server. I initially bought a twin port PCI board which was very cheap but Linux didn't like it and I didn't get it working.

I decided to remove the PCI card and replace it with this product. I was a bit dubious having had problems with USB serial in the past.

When it arrived I plugged it in (I am running Fedora 17) it was instantly recognised as /dev/ttyUSB0 by the system.

The nice thing was that all the code that had failed on the PCI card now worked and I was now able to get the stats that I wanted out of my Fronius IG 30 inverter.

So if your looking for a good Linux compatible serial interface this definitly worked for me.

Solwise 500AV HomePlug AV Ethernet Adapter with mains passthrough & Gigabit port

5.0 out of 5 stars Does exactly what it says on the Box, 17 April 2012
With the arrival of SKY Anytime+ I needed a way to connect my SKY box to my home network. This product did that.

Having purchased from Solwise before I know that they have good products. Delivery was excellent.

Programming C# 4.0
Programming C# 4.0
by Ian Griffiths

4.0 out of 5 stars Good book let down by simple issues, 25 July 2011
This review is from: Programming C# 4.0 (Paperback)
Back in about 2003/4 I purchased C# V2 of this book. Having decided that I wanted to get back into C# for a current project so updating V2 to V4 was obvious.

What was a surprise was that problems with the original book still exist in this version. The index is rubbish. There is a large section of the book that talks about HTML, HTML and client request, so its a surprise that HTML is not in the index, why?

I can clearly see the sections of the book that have been removed, and indeed I agree with some of the choices, much of what is removed is more .NET than C#, however the approach is not consistent so the loss of regular expression support is traded about keeping the text on Web Client support.

Don't get me wrong I got a lot out of this book, the description of new features is good so the text on dynamic is very good, but should I use it instead of the Interop libraries, I am not sure. The LINQ stuff is good, but I found the examples of lambdas hard to understand. There is clearly some trick with the USE verb and associated scope, as its used in a number of examples, but never really explained, well I didn't find it in the index.

So in summary a good book that covers the features of the language, a good description of the new features, with a rubbish index, some poor code examples of new features, and authors that fail to give strong guidance into the benefits of the new features added in this edition.

5V Logitech Squeezebox Classic Media player replacement power supply adaptor
5V Logitech Squeezebox Classic Media player replacement power supply adaptor
Offered by Digidave

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than the original, 27 Nov. 2010
After 4 years of ownership my original power supply for my squeezebox classic failed. Opening it I found that it had suffered an internal fire, luckily it had been contained.

This replacement looks much better than the original and worked straight out of the box.

Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 1.5 TB 3.5-inch Hard Drive (7200 RPM, 32 MB Cache)
Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 1.5 TB 3.5-inch Hard Drive (7200 RPM, 32 MB Cache)

3.0 out of 5 stars Hard work when installing on Linux and 3 year old BIOS, 7 April 2010
I chose Seagate as that was what the existing system disk was on my Linux server. After installation the system showed it as a 500GB disk.
I have been here before and know that you have to download the Seagate tools and set the max block size on the disk. I searched and found a Linux version. It took me a long time and much Googling to find out the Linux tools will not work with a SATA disk. So I downloaded the bootable image. This worked fine and I set the max block count and after that it all worked.

Was Seagate the right choice? Probably at leased its the devil I know.

StarTech.com 24in SATA to Right Angle SATA Serial ATA Cable
StarTech.com 24in SATA to Right Angle SATA Serial ATA Cable

5.0 out of 5 stars This is exactly what I needed, 2 April 2010
Having broken the connector on a 1TB disk drive I would recommend two principles in connecting disks.

1. Use a right angle connector in the disk as its too easy to swipe a straight connector and break the disk connector.

2. Never.....ever..use a short cable that is stretched in your PC case as you can break the disk connector.

So when I bought a new disk I bought this cable and it arrived on the same day as the disk.

Page: 1 | 2