Profile for K.Talsania > Reviews

K.Talsania (London)

SanDisk 8GB Micro Cruzer USB Flash Drive
SanDisk 8GB Micro Cruzer USB Flash Drive

2.0 out of 5 stars Beware, 31 Aug. 2009
I have owned the 2, 4, and 8GB versions of this exact flash drive and despite them having many good points, the one and probably the most annoying negative point about them is that they stop working suddenly.

When I bought my drives I had no problems with them at first and was pleased that it had no lid that I was able to loose, however with my first drive the 2GB one, I lost all my important data after safe ejection from one computer to be used in another. I have always been the type of person that safely ejects my flash memory drives as I have witnessed once too many time the loss of important data. I rang up SanDisk who said to me that it sounds like the drive has failed and that as its within the 2yr warranty I am entitled to a replacement. I agreed and requested the 4GB for an extra fee. This drive lasted me 5 months, and the same thing happened again, this time however, the flash drive had only just been plugged into the computer. I don't use my drives to work off at all, I use it mainly to transfer data from one PC to another and was fully aware that while working off it I risk loosing all my data through equipment failure and overheating so never risked it. I rang SanDisk again and explained the same situation had occurred and that I would like the data recovered this time as I had lost an important project due in the following week. SanDisk said that it sounded like another drive failure and that they would be happy to replace it but their 'warranty' does not cover data loss. My question to them was, well why manufacture a flash drive with a 2yr warranty when it wont even last 1yr and on buyers are responsible for the data recovery upon failure of the drive? SanDisk then provided me with a link to a company who they said deal with small scale data recovery at cheap prices. However, upon investigation the company was unable to provide me with any support as they DID NOT deal with data recovery at all. I wasn't best pleased and had not choice but to order a replacement that I was entitled to. It was the 8GB that I received again at extra cost however, this one last only 1 and a half months, with the same problem of drive failure. I had the drive checked by a relative who is a high end data recovery expert and technical support manager who deals with all sorts of small and large scale technical difficulties with hardware equipment and OS failures for a well known company. I was told that the drive had actually failed completely on all 3 flash usbs due to the slide mechanism and that it was a manufacturing fault.

I don't recommend SanDisk drives to anyone, but don't just take my word for it, I have a friend to whom the same thing happened who is luckily for him rich enough to have the data recovered. If your drive has been working fine for you then your lucky and I wish you luck with it for the years to come that you use it, however, for those wanting to buy a new one or those who have not bought a flash / memory usb before please be warned, it is not always possible to back up your data when your travelling so if you loose your work it may mean you doing it again or paying a huge bill for data recovery. Try Kingston drives, they seem to last forever.

The Kite Runner
The Kite Runner
by Khaled Hosseini

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent - Beyond Words, 17 July 2007
This review is from: The Kite Runner (Paperback)
The Kite Runner is a moving novel by Khaled Hosseini about two young boys who grow up together in Afganistan in the 1970's. Hassan is Amir's dearest friend and is the son of Amir's father's servant who belongs the minority Hazara community in Afganistan. Amir and Hassan's close friendship is put under strain by an unthinkable event which happens on the day of the annual kite flying tornament. Amir's and Hassan's childhood friendship is destroyed as a result of fear and jealousy.

The story is of Amir, a novelist who lives in California whos life story is narratied by himself where he talks of his loss, redemption and guilt filled relationship with his country of birth. Amir returns to war torn Afganistan to rescue Hassan's orphaned son but is met with personal and political obstacles which leaves the reader in suspences and wanting more.

This novel is a tear jerking, heart warming insite into the relationship between freinds, family, country and culture. Hosseini really knows how to keep the reader guessing and wanting more, as a first novel it is dripping in emotion and bitter sweet memories of the character alongside giving cultural insite into the lifestyle of Afganistan. A fantastic read, highly recommended!!

Psychology: An International Perspective
Psychology: An International Perspective
by Michael W. Eysenck

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Text, 17 Nov. 2006
As an undergraduate, I needed a good foundation tect book that was going to help me with my first year study as well as prepare me for the second year. I have found this good very useful, interesting and easy to read. It covers a view range of basic areas in psychology from a international point of view. It has a lot of very recent research covered and is helpful as a first year companion. This book is professionally writting in a clear to understand language. Overall, I strongly recommend this book to anyone who is just starting out their academic career in psychology.

Bend It Like Beckham [DVD] [2002]
Bend It Like Beckham [DVD] [2002]
Dvd ~ Parminder Nagra
Offered by ReNew Entertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars Aloo Gobi great!!!, 17 Nov. 2006
What can I say about this movie? It is absolutely brilliant, its sensitive and very entertaining. The movie touches on a wide range of topics surrounding the asian tradition and the british culture. A younger energetic 18 yr asian girls is trying to make a career out of a sport she loves - football. Beckham fan Jess is faced with the obstacle of convincing her strict parents to let her play and sticking by her team for the final, which falls on a very important day for her family, will Jess stick by her family or by her team? Watch to find, out its stunning!!!!

The Illustrated Bhagavad Gita
The Illustrated Bhagavad Gita
by Ranchor Prime

5.0 out of 5 stars The Brilliant Gita!!, 17 Nov. 2006
This book is written to a very high standard but can be enjoyed by everyone as the language is simple to understand. Everyone can enjoy this book to a personal level which delivers wisdom and spiritual guidance to the reader. This book has lovely pictures and photographs to accompany the deep, heart warming book. I recommend this to anyone who wants some insight into what the Gita is about and also wants spiritual guidance. This book is brought alive by the beautiful language and by its diversity in talking about the Gita, excellent book!!! Highly recommended.

Psychology: The Science of Mind and Behaviour 4th edition
Psychology: The Science of Mind and Behaviour 4th edition
by Richard Gross

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Book, 20 May 2005
This book is brilliant, Im new to Psychology and the first book I bought was this one. It has very clear ideas and is easy to use and is a great guide for undergraduates. The language is of medium level so its not so difficult to understand. During assignments, presentations, its a good refernce good guide.