Profile for Hollygo > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Best Wishes, Sister B
Best Wishes, Sister B

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful, funny book., 13 Jan. 2016
What a lovely surprise this book was, I giggled throughout and was thoroughly enchanting. Recommended it to many friends who I know wouldn't even have glanced at it. It's not a religious book, more spritual and up lifting.. Fabulous.

Friends of the Dusk (Merrily Watkins Series Book 13)
Friends of the Dusk (Merrily Watkins Series Book 13)

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it., 7 Dec. 2015
Loved it, scary, complex and a maturer Jane...you don't know how much that means to me, I didn't want to slap her once!! I struggled a little with the last Merrily outing, but I was engaged from the beginning with Friends of the Dusk and the pages kept on turning for me resulting in a very satisfying read. Thanks Phil!

The Other Son
The Other Son

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved this book., 25 Nov. 2015
This review is from: The Other Son (Kindle Edition)
Loved this book, it's been one of those that you can't stop thinking about after you've read it. Many layers and depth to the characters which the author used cleverly as you went more into the story. I've read most of Nick Alexander's books and enjoyed them all but this one a little bit more.

Lost Girls: A fast paced, gripping thriller novel (Detective Kim Stone crime thriller series Book 3)

5.0 out of 5 stars Another fantastic read., 13 Nov. 2015
Another fantastic thriller from Angela Marsons. Fast paced with lots of tension, we're getting to know Kim Stone a little more each time with help from Bryant who is her perfect side kick. Really looking forward to number 4.

Dawn of Wonder (The Wakening Book 1)
Dawn of Wonder (The Wakening Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous fantasy, 4 Oct. 2015
I read that much fantasy I very rarely write reviews on this genre however I felt compelled to add my sentiment to the glowing reviews for Dawn of Wonder. This is epic story telling at its best, I love coming of age stories and they can all blur into one but Jonathan Renshaw has managed to dazzle and inspire us with a familiar and comfortable formula. The world is real with likeable, flawed characters and his writing is mature and in places beautiful especially Kalry's diary entries. The plot has been explained and reviewed well so I feel no need to elaborate. Fantasy fans read this you won't be disappointed, I came to the party a few months late but at least I won't have to wait as long for the next one.

Evil Games: A gripping, heart-stopping thriller (Detective Kim Stone crime thriller series Book 2)

5.0 out of 5 stars Loving DI Kim Stone, 7 Jun. 2015
Angela Marsons is onto a winner with Kim, she's an excellent character and we getting to know her a little more with each book. There are 2 crimes being solved within this book which keeps the novel interesting and fast paced which kept me gripped, a one sitting novel for me. I read a lot of crime fiction and thought I had this one sussed but there was a nice little surprise at the end. I can be a bit of a wuss but even so, Angela's very subtle characterisation of her main protagonists made me shed a little tear at the end....we're really getting to know and like these characters....more please.

Someone Else's Skin (DI Marnie Rome 1)
Someone Else's Skin (DI Marnie Rome 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Superior crime novel, 10 May 2015
I have just finished this excellent novel, I read it in two sittings which is a testament to the authors writing style and story telling. The main characters are strong and interesting and I can't wait to to get to know them better. The plot was different and un-predictable, just what you need in a superior crime novel, downloaded the next in the series straight away, can't wait to start it.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what we ordered, perfect., 15 Feb. 2015
We're about to tackle the very low tempuratures of New York and my daughter realised she needed a warmer coat. We needed a cheap, warm coat to arrive very quickly. This hit every button, I was nervous about the size due to the other reviews but this is a perfect fit. My daughters a size 6 so ordered the small. It came in 2 days and I just loved the way it was packaged. Off to Primark now for the thermal underwear !!!

Kindle Voyage E-reader, 6" High-Resolution Display (300 ppi) with Adaptive Built-in Light, PagePress Sensors, Wi-Fi

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 8 Nov. 2014
Amazing, the most clear Kindle yet, love it.

Kindle Voyage (7th Generation) case, Incipio Journal Folio, O2
Kindle Voyage (7th Generation) case, Incipio Journal Folio, O2

2.0 out of 5 stars A pity as this looks so good!!, 8 Nov. 2014
This looks stunning but feels bulky and uncomfortable when reading. It also does not have the sleep and wake function which I miss. Unfortunately I have had to order another case that much more meets my needs. A pity as this looks so good!!
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 29, 2014 8:27 PM GMT

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4