Profile for V. Walker > Reviews

Content by V. Walker

V. Walker "chick lit lover" (Malvern, Worcs)

Page: 1 | 2
It Started at Sunset Cottage: A gorgeous summer romance perfect for fans of Katie Fforde

5.0 out of 5 stars Loveable characters, funny, pacy story., 9 Aug. 2017
I thoroughly enjoyed reading this book. There were so many strands to the story which kept me interested more than usual, to the point where I was thinking about it in between reads! The characters were written beautifully with a wonderful mix of humour and heartache. This is the first Bella Osborne book that I've read; I am rationing myself so that my new discovery isn't over too quickly.

The Many Colours of Us: The perfect heart-warming debut about love and family
The Many Colours of Us: The perfect heart-warming debut about love and family

5.0 out of 5 stars More than a love story..., 6 Jun. 2017
The whole ambience of this book is brilliant. I couldn't put it down and I loved the relationship between Julia and Edwin even though at times I found it frustrating that he held back so much. One of the best parts for me was Julia's love of dressmaking and the fact that she wore clothes that she'd made herself. I'm really glad I read this book, it is much more than a love story and really well written.

Those Summer Nights: The perfect romantic comedy on a gorgeous Greek island
Those Summer Nights: The perfect romantic comedy on a gorgeous Greek island

5.0 out of 5 stars Take me to Greece!, 14 May 2017
I loved this book! I went to Acharavi 22 years ago on the first holiday I ever had with my husband and this book really captures the essence of Corfu. I'm just about to buy Truly, Madly, Greekly because I didn't want this book to end.

One Christmas in Paris: The perfect feel good Christmas romance
One Christmas in Paris: The perfect feel good Christmas romance

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Christmas book, 21 Dec. 2016
Really enjoyed this! Frenchman Julien is gorgeous, the perfect man and the setting of Paris in the snow at Christmas is beautifully described. I loved how you could imagine Julien speaking in a French accent because of the way the dialogue is written. Brilliant!

Love Machine: An Erotic Robot Romance (The Body Electric Book 1)
Love Machine: An Erotic Robot Romance (The Body Electric Book 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars Sexy but romantic, 21 Dec. 2016
This was recommended by a friend and I was curious to see what this genre would be like having never read anything other than 'normal' romance. It is very well written and where I was expecting it to be a bit smutty and dirty it is eloquent. The relationship between Cally and Blue is fascinating and not unbelievable as I'd thought it might be. I'm quite keen to read the other books in the series now.

BARGAINS-GALORE® 60KG HEAVY DUTY FOLDING HAND SACK TRUCK TROLLEY CART FOLDABLE BOOT CAR TRUCK NEW

5.0 out of 5 stars Feels very sturdy and easy to fold, 18 Sept. 2015
Bought for carrying a heavy tent at a festival. It was very muddy but this trolley fared well and the tray sits high enough to clear the mud. Feels very sturdy and easy to fold. Delivery was quicker than expected.

Optimum Mens Tribal Rugby Boots RBTBGS8 Blue/Neon Green 8 UK, 42 EU
Optimum Mens Tribal Rugby Boots RBTBGS8 Blue/Neon Green 8 UK, 42 EU

5.0 out of 5 stars good price and good quality, 18 Sept. 2015
Just what we needed for school. Fit well, good price and good quality.

The Handmade Marketplace, 2nd Edition: How to Sell Your Crafts Locally, Globally, and Online

5.0 out of 5 stars Practical, useable advice and inspiration., 8 Aug. 2015
I have been dabbling with selling my handmade items for a year or so but need confidence to take it to the next stage. This book is really well written and easy to read with advice from a variety of people who are actually doing it. It is very US based but most of it translates well. It has definitely spurred me on and given me lots of practical advice.

The Heavenly Ice Cream Shop: 'Possibly the best book I have ever read' Amazon reviewer

4.0 out of 5 stars Great summer holiday read, 11 Aug. 2013
I really enjoyed this book. It was easy to read, has interesting central characters and a good story. The only reason I don't give it 5 stars is that the hints towards what will happen are a little heavy so not any surprises along the way. Overall I would recommend it.

Me Before You
Me Before You
by Jojo Moyes

5.0 out of 5 stars I wish I could read it for the first time again, 20 Mar. 2012
This review is from: Me Before You (Paperback)
I almost bought this on kindle and didn't because I read the blurb and didn't think the premise of the story would be very engaging. Then my friend gave it to me to read, which she never normally would do, and highly recommended it. I am so thankful that I read it, it is the most beautiful, unlikely, love story I have ever read. I just want to read it again and again and at the moment, a week after finishing it, I feel as if I will never read a book as good as this one. Just like another reviewer said, I am still thinking about Will and Lou.

Page: 1 | 2