Learn more Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Learn more Click Here Shop now George Michael - MTV Replugged Shop now Shop Women's Shop Men's
Profile for les j > Reviews

Content by les j

les j

Page: 1 | 2
Good Friday: Before Prime Suspect there was Tennison - this is her story (Tennison 3)
by Lynda La Plante

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy it., 6 Oct. 2017
I am going to put this simply, please buy this book it is fantastic!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value for money., 15 Mar. 2017
Exactly as expected, but the packaging was very untidy, they are perfect if like me you have had a horrid cold, they are exceptional value for money, and are sturdy. Highly recommended.

BXT Adult Superb Soft Thermal Down Full Mule Slippers with Fleece Lining Home House Slip-on Warm Mules Shoes Christmas Xmas Gift Blue 7-9 UK / 42-44 EU
Offered by BXT-Shop

5.0 out of 5 stars nice warm feet., 15 Mar. 2017
A lovely product, that has and is still keeping my feet lovely and snuggl and war. The sole is a little thinner than I hoped for, but on the whole a joy to wear. Highly recommended.

Blood Line
Blood Line
by Lynda La Plante

5.0 out of 5 stars Lots of twists and turns., 15 Mar. 2017
This review is from: Blood Line (Paperback)
Having just finished this book, I would like to say this is an exceptional crime thriller. I have read all of the Linda la plant books up to this one and now have only two of the Anna Travis books left to read, which saddens me greatly.
Anna Travis is a fascinating character, far more interesting than Jane Tennison, and I have thoroughly enjoyed this book, full of detail, atmosphere and so many twists and turns.
I cannot recommend it highly enough.

Ragdoll: The thrilling Sunday Times bestseller everyone is talking about
Ragdoll: The thrilling Sunday Times bestseller everyone is talking about
by Daniel Cole

1.0 out of 5 stars Expected more., 12 Mar. 2017
I picked up this book as I looked at the high praise that had been heaped upon it in the blurb, and I have to say that I am not at all in agreement.
It is a confusing and complicated book, that sort of presumes that we have read about these characters before, but as this is a debut I don't know how we possibly could have. Having said that,if you read a lot of detective novels/crime fiction you will recognise them, as they've appeared in a lot of similar genre books.
It is a very gruesome blood filled book, but it's crime fiction so I suppose it should be, although I think the bloodlust is taken one step too far in places.
Having said all of this, I did finish it, but I'm really none the wiser as to why the murderer actually did the murders.
A frustrating and irritating read.

5.0 out of 5 stars A real bargain, 3 Sept. 2014
I wanted Converse but just didn't feel comfortable in "All Stars" , so when I saw these I thought why not, especially at this price. I am delighted with them, they are really comfortable, and look lovely on. I would recommend them highly, my husband now wants a pair.....

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely ring., 9 Aug. 2014
This item is exceptional, a lovely shiny gold wedding band that feels and looks elegant. I've been wearing it with my engagement ring, as my original wedding band is too heavy and thick, and there's not a mark on the new band. I would highly recommend this item and am now going to order one for my husband. By the way, it came way way before it's expected arrival date, which was an even bigger bonus.

Libbys 100% Pure Pumpkin Pie Filling 425 g (Pack of 4)
Libbys 100% Pure Pumpkin Pie Filling 425 g (Pack of 4)
Offered by Jag Stores

5.0 out of 5 stars Yum., 7 July 2014
Fantastic compact pumpkin, perfect for pumpkin pie... But the cans were badly dented, but what was inside was lovely pumpkiny gorgeousness.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as I thought they'd be., 16 May 2014
I had to wait a long time for these to come and wasn't particularly happy when I got them, they are ok... They do protect your finger a little, you have to snip one end off and slide them onto your hook. I don't know what they are made from, bit they are quite stiff and have no real softness to them, As I can't really find an alternative to these anywhere online, they will do for now, but I am moving to different hooks, which should make these redundant.

Clover Soft Touch Crochet Hook - 5.50mm
Clover Soft Touch Crochet Hook - 5.50mm
Offered by The Quilted Bear Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars A joy,, 16 May 2014
I bought this on recommendation from my fellow crocheters as my fingers were sore from holding the conventional hooks. This is a joy to use, easy to hold, and easy on the fingers and the hand, now I can crochet even longer than I normally do (bearing in mind that that is usually most of the day) without the aches and pains... If you like to push your stitches up your hook, then don't order this, because the shaft is quite small but plenty adequate, if like me you don't push your stitches up. I wish I'd found these years ago and am now amassing all of these hooks in all of the sizes available.

Page: 1 | 2