Profile for Tech 2.0 > Reviews

Content by Tech 2.0
Top Reviewer Ranking: 131

Tech 2.0 "impulsive gadget buyer"
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
GROHE New Tempesta Cosmopolitan Shower System with Thermostat for Wall Mounting - Chrome Finish

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely fantastic, 10 April 2015
This is an extremely good shower and my first foray into thermostatic showers. I've used them in the past at hotels etc and always seen the Grohe brand around and associated it with premium quality. I wasn't wrong, it is fantastic.

Build wise, the shower looks and feels every bit high end once installed. Although I had someone install it they told me it was one of the easier ones to fit.

The thermostatic valve is solid and gives you essentially two controls to contend with. The rain head or spray head on the one side and temperature on the other. When you first turn it on it'll automatically go to 38c. From there you can make it hotter or colder. For me 38 has been perfect but depends what you want.

The rain head although smaller than most I looked at is slightly curved and to be fair really does kick a lot of water out. It's fantastic.

The shower head has a wider rain setting and a smaller jet setting and you can adjust between the two. Both heads are lovely to shower under. The shower head and indeed rain head are easy to clean. I just wipe a finger over and I'm done.

I've had to buy all new as part of a house renovation and this is one of my better purchases. Looks, feels and runs fantastic. I live in a 100 yr old semi and it powers fine off a standard mid range boiler.

Very happy!

Leifheit 85660 Clothes Pegs Deluxe, Pack of 25
Leifheit 85660 Clothes Pegs Deluxe, Pack of 25

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality peg, 10 April 2015
I've had Leifheit products before and they've always been superb. These are no exception.

The pegs are compact yet well made and last ages in fairness (in so much as they don't easily crumble or disintegrate). They are easy to grip and the rubber gripper holds clothing tight without viciously leaving imprints.

The pack of 25 is good value.

Trigger Point Performance Grid STK Hand-Held Foam Roller - Orange
Trigger Point Performance Grid STK Hand-Held Foam Roller - Orange

4.0 out of 5 stars Good solid pain inflicting stick!, 6 April 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I was introduced to foam rolling to help ease the muscles in my legs and aid recovery. To do so I jst used the standard one that I dragged myself across periodically in various positions. It hurt, a lot. But it does help.

I was therefor quite keen to try this is a more compact and portable solution. The stick is very well made and solid and nothing about it makes me think I need to be gentle with it or it might break. It's very solid.

The roller part offers two differing patterns for you to get stuck in whilst the handles are solid, easy to hold and can also be used to get stuck in to specific areas,

If it's so brilliant though why have I dropped a star? Well the answer is that whilst this is a very handy item it's harder for me to use due to the above mentioned pain. With the normal roller I can roll myself over it and focus and the technique/pain etc however with this I have to override myself to inflict said pain.

Don't get me wrong though, I'm glad to have it and it now plays a regular part targeting areas the larger roller cant. And overall if this is the type of roller you are looking for it is an excellent example.

T-Class Handy Can
T-Class Handy Can

5.0 out of 5 stars Really handy, 30 Mar. 2015
This review is from: T-Class Handy Can (DIY & Tools)
The T-Class Handy Can has been great during a recent renovation of my house.

It holds a decent amount of paint and the handle is easy to hold for extended periods of time. The base is sturdy enough not to be knocked over easily and it doubles as a kettle and roller tray. The built in magnetic holds a brush nicely while you break out a roller and saves you faffing trying to find somewhere to balance a brush.

Overall a really handy purchase for my needs.

Olay Regenerist Luminous Anti-Dark Circle Correcting Eye Treatment Moisturiser 15 ml

5.0 out of 5 stars Great as eye moisturisers go, 30 Mar. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I suffer terribly with dark circles due to a combination of things such as shift work and general lack of sleep so a long time ago I turned to eye creams to help me out.

Firstly the whole product is extremely well packaged and looks decidedly premium and intentionally or not instantly makes me think of a dna strand.

Anyway I've used a product like this from Olay before. It certainly helped but ultimately as another reviewer mentioned a lifestyle change would be the best option. Sadly for me that's not possible so here I am with the eye cream. A little goes a long way and you massage it in where needed. The simply act of massage the areas is probably also helping.

Overall an attractively packaged product that has certainly helped in the past and I look forward to cracking on with this one. I'll update the review should I experience a dramatic breakthrough!

Olay Total Effects Moisturiser Day and Night Cream 37 ml - Duo Pack
Olay Total Effects Moisturiser Day and Night Cream 37 ml - Duo Pack

5.0 out of 5 stars Premium quality, 30 Mar. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a great double act and both creams complement each other well.

The day cream is light and easily absorbed and doesn't feel greasy. It has the slightest of tints and offer a basic spf of 15. I imagine any higher would make the cream too heavy.

The night moisturiser is equally as light, minus the spf and doesn't feel uncomfortable before bed nor has it clogged the skin or caused any blemishes.

Overall the creams are one of the best and easily absorbed. This reformulation see's an increase in B3 and several benefits and I guess only time will tell. In the meantime I'm happy to put my trust in this.

Panasonic ALL8 Wireless Speaker System (Black)
Panasonic ALL8 Wireless Speaker System (Black)

4.0 out of 5 stars An unpolished diamond, 25 Mar. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I am in the fortunate position to have both the ALL8 and ALL3 along with a Sonos I bought Christmas time and a Pure Connect Jongo T6X. What is clear is that whilst this is the least user friendly of the ones I have used to date it produces some good quality sound and I think future firmware’s will really allow this to shine. At the moment the app and the whole user experience is somewhat less polished and refined compared to its competitors.

Anyway, onto it. The speaker itself is a pleasing black and charcoal affair and is elegant in appearance. Once unpacked and setup you’ll notice a minimalist design with an Ethernet port and aux in at the rear along with the necessary power connections. The speaker looks and feels fantastic and is every bit the premium build.

Setup was reasonably straightforward using my iPad. During first setup it required a firmware update. Make sure you do this. Once done it requires a reboot (ie power off then on) and you’re back to it. The quick start guide is just that but the full manual is online and there’s a handy qr code to scan to access it.

Many have reported issues with WiFi connectivity however mine was quite straightforward. I use WPA2 encryption and I suspect it struggles on other types on encryption.

The speaker relies on a companion app, much like Sonos and Pure where you can add in your services such as Spotify and then play to the speaker. At the moment the app is very immature compared to the sonos app as are the list of available services. I expect that this will change over time but it is quite the limitation at the minute considering the potential investment. I really do recommend that either you try the speaker or do some research first to see if it will meet your needs.

The proof is in the pudding however and once setup the sound is to my untrained ears simply fantastic. In terms of sound it is an absolute beast compared to the ALL3 and could easily power a house party or get together and punches well above it’s weight and size. Music can go incredibly high without distortion and I found it to have good clarity and range, perhaps a touch bass heavy out of the box but it really brought music alive, no matter what you are listening to.

I was able to play music form my pc to the ALL8 using windows media player through my windows 8 pc. After all it is just a network based speaker. This worked well with no issues to report on that front.

As mentioned above I also have the ALL3 and after getting them all setup I was able to group and ungroup them fine. The ALL8 really does bring the power to the party and my house was soon full of random music that quite frankly sounds like it should be coming out of something much much larger.

Ultimately the speakers are fantastic and my issues with it are largely software related that should be resolved as the system grows and matures. Build is solid and oozes premium and sound is just simply terrific. Whilst the software and user experience isn’t quite as good as the Sonos it is early days and as mentioned easily developed, that said I really think it should have been better form the off.

Panasonic ALL3 Wireless Speaker System (White)
Panasonic ALL3 Wireless Speaker System (White)

4.0 out of 5 stars An unpolished diamond, 25 Mar. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I was very keen to try the ALL3 and have been in the fortunate position to also have the ALL8 along with a Sonos I bought Christmas time and a Pure Connect Jongo T6X. What is clear is that whilst this is the least user friendly of the ones I have used to date it produces some good quality sound and I think future firmware’s will really allow this to shine. At the moment the app and the whole user experience is somewhat less polished and refined compared to its competitors.

Anyway, onto it. The speaker itself comes in white or black and is reassuringly weighty. Once unpacked and setup you’ll notice a minimalist design with an Ethernet port and aux in at the rear along with the necessary power connections. The speaker looks and feels fantastic and is every bit the premium build.

The proof is in the pudding however and once setup the sound is to my untrained ears simply fantastic. Powerful yet reasonably good range. It’s equally at home teasing out some classical or punching out some rock.

I was also able to play music form my pc to the ALL3 using windows media player through my windows 8 pc. After all it is just a network based speaker. This worked well with no issues to report on that front.

As mentioned above I also have the ALL8 and after getting them all setup I was able to group and ungroup them fine. The ALL8 really does bring the power to the party and my house was soon full of random music that quite frankly sounds like it should be coming out of something much much larger.

Ultimately the speakers are fantastic and all my niggles are largely software related that should be resolved as the system grows and matures. Build is solid and oozes premium and sound is just simply terrific. Whilst the software and user experience isn’t quite as good as the Sonos it is early days and as mentioned easily developed, that said I really think it should have been better form the off.

Philips GC7619/20 PerfectCare Pure Steam Generator Iron - OptimalTemp No Fabric Burns Technology, 200 g Pressurised Steam Boost

5.0 out of 5 stars The best that others aspire to, 25 Mar. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
One thing I have found over time is that Philip's are the top dog for steam generator irons and are among the best. That said these irons historically have been bulky and inappropriate for the home setting unless you had dedicated space for it. This changes all that.

The Philips PerfectCare Pure GC7619/20 scores a big win for me. It is compact. Almost 50% smaller than its larger siblings but sacrifices little to do so. Meaning it's easy to store and use around the home.

You take a slight hit on the bar pressure and steam boost, and obviously the water reserve is smaller but I found then in everyday items the results to me were undistinguishable from the larger ones.

The soleplate is a premium Philip's version that glided through everything I threw at it with ease.

It retains the same great features such as one temp for all, an eco mode and one of the best sole plates you can find on an iron.

One thing that cannot be overemphasised enough though is it's size. You could leave it setup or get it out on demand or for the occasional shirt.

One thing I am not a fan of is the inclusion of an anti-scale filter cartridge. I live in a soft water area so each cartridge should last up to 3 months depending on how much work the iron does. In a hard water area I imagine this would be less. Using the cartridges gives 5 years of warranty against scale and they are roughly a fiver each to replace. Although a quick and easy way to keep on top of scale and maintenance of your iron it does tie you in to buying consumables and if I am honest I prefer the system Tefal use in theirs that doesn't require cartridges.

I love this little iron. It produces great results and does so in a compact package that strikes a brilliant balance between size and capability.

Sure LED GU10 PAR16 5W Replacement for 50 Watt, 380 lumen, non-dimmable bulb, 2700k warm light

5.0 out of 5 stars Among the better ones, 24 Mar. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
As I have mentioned in previous reviews, LED bulbs are the way forward. However the quality available varies widely and I'm glad to say these are among the best I've tried to date.

Well built yet light it retro fits well, and it inspires confidence from the off. As part of my house renovation I wanted LED everywhere from the start so time will tell regards longevity.

Temperature wise they give a nice warm light which I prefer in areas such as the kitchen and even the bathroom to a degree as sometimes the white can be a bit stark.

They have a beam angle similar to normal GU10's and they are best suited as spots and I have used mine in the Kitchen alongside a traditional halogen. The colour temperature was all but the same so I'd be happy to recommend these as a direct replacement.

They have an 'expected' life of 3 years with a direct replacement warranty so it's a reassuring purchase and a worthy alternative to Philips and Toshiba.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20