Profile for Tech 2.0 > Reviews

Content by Tech 2.0
Top Reviewer Ranking: 159

Tech 2.0 "impulsive gadget buyer"
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Breville Blend-Active Pro Blender, 300 W, Black
Breville Blend-Active Pro Blender, 300 W, Black

4.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic blender, 26 July 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I really like my Breville blend-active. It suits me perfectly. The base is very compact, the bottles good quality and the blade system perfect, cleans and stores easily. It’s clearly a very popular alternative to the nutribullet and I can see why. I love it.

So I was surprised how excited I was to try out this new Pro version, to see if they’ve taken a winning formula and improved on it.

First impressions out of the box are that it looks fantastic. Black with subtle silver styling, it certainly looks more ‘high-end’ and worthy of being left out on the counter. However the housing felt a bit loose and a cheap if I am honest.

Now on to the accessories. You get a handy cartridge for the blade module that has two functions. Nut blender and for safe storage of the blade module. It works really well on both fronts.

The bottle is a slightly different design and is a more solid bottle without the grooves but sports a silicone grip towards the top. This for me is a shame as the other bottles are much nicer in hand. You also get a neoprene sleeve to keep your concoction chilled. The cap has also been redesigned and looks sports with rubber seals for improved liquid tightness.

So how does it perform? Much the same as the standard one in fairness. I use it for smoothies and protein shakes and it handles them very well. What I will say is that this one, despite being a 300w motor like the basic feels better and also sounds a bit better. So I wonder if they’ve made some other improvements to the motor etc.

However, the pro version is at full retail 150% dearer than the non-pro with a single bottle. Styling and minor improvements aside I can’t find a compelling reason to recommend this over that. Unless of course the green and white styling on the non-pro really does get on your nerves….

MaxiNutrition Promax Protein Shake Powder 1.12 kg - Chocolate
MaxiNutrition Promax Protein Shake Powder 1.12 kg - Chocolate

4.0 out of 5 stars Premium protein, 24 July 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The Maxi brand has been around a long time in fairness and sits at the premium end of protein powders.

Firstly it comes well packaged and the plastic tub can be reused easily.

The powder itself mixes well and tastes good. I still remember when all these powders tasted vile but they've made big strides on this front.

I use mine as a recovery shake mainly, after a hard work out or class I hit a shake. They taste great and give you everything you need for your muscles to recover.

I also use them as a bit of a light meal replacement if I'm on the go.

Not withstanding the premium price they are a good quality protein powder. That said the market is currently full of better value options hence only 4 stars.

Wahl Family Nano Blender, 120 W
Wahl Family Nano Blender, 120 W

4.0 out of 5 stars Better alternatives available., 21 July 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Everyone seems to be jumping on the nutri-bullet craze at the moment, but being as expensive as it is there are godo alternative sout there.

Having tried the bullet, breville blend active and this I can say my least favourite is actually the bullet. This for me comes in behind the similarly priced blend active. Heres why:

The nano blender comes in a cheap looking box that immediately gives a poor impression. Seeing it on the shelf would likely put me off exploring it further.

Moving past that though and unpacking it you are greeted by a very compact, nano even, blender. It's small enough to live on your worktop without getting in the way. You get two bottles and some storage cups which are surprisingly useful.

At 120w the nano blender won't destroy everything you put it. It will however handles some frozen fruit. It's perfect for a smoothie, milkshake of like me blitzing your protein shakes with a bit of fruit.

The storage pots are handy, especially if you have little ones. You can blitz some fruit and freeze some puree or home made baby food. It works well for that.

The whole package is actually good value but my money would be on the similarly priced Breville Blend-Active. It's more powerful and the bottles are much better.

Philips QT4013/23 Series 3000 Beard Trimmer
Philips QT4013/23 Series 3000 Beard Trimmer

4.0 out of 5 stars Adequate job, 21 July 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I like this beard trimmer. Having been disappointed of late with several of Philips' offerings this one gets it largely right.

It's a neat little package that includes a handy bag, mains adaptor and the necessary warranty info.

Design wise I actually quite like this. It's small enough to be easily handled yet large enough to get the job done nicely. It feels decently built and a one hour charge gives you up to one hour use.

There are two things at work here which make it nice to use. The rounded titanium coated blades to help prevent any niks or cuts, and the adjustable comb. I like the adjustable comb, it works well in use and means no faffin with removable ones that inevitably get lost.

The trim itself is pleasant, surprisingly so given the cost of the unit. Whilst it's no competition for a high end shaver/trimmer this is perfectly adequate and with a bit of perseverance you can get a good style out of it.

It's due to this I gave it four stars. That and I felt the comb had a little bit too much flex in it. I would have preferred a more solid comb. So gently gently as you go. It's easy enough to keep clean but the shave just left me wanting if I am honest,

SIEMENS® Wirefree Wireless Twin Doorbell Door Chime Kit Plug in & Portable (Main Plug and Battery) with Light Up IP44 Water Resistant Push White - Upto 80m Range
Offered by Anything 4 Home

2.0 out of 5 stars Dissapointed, 17 July 2015
This was at first glance a good value kit form a well known brand, the reason I chose it in the first place was due to the Siemens name.

The button was easy to mount and is reasonably well built.

The plug in received however. I have placed mine 1 metre away in our hall. The volume and tone can be adjusted but frequently I have to turn it on/off just to reconnect it. For reasons I am yet to work out it just loses connection.

Overall quite disappointed with this set.

Belkin Cat5e Snagless UTP Patch Cable (Black) 0.5m
Belkin Cat5e Snagless UTP Patch Cable (Black) 0.5m

5.0 out of 5 stars Works perfectly, 17 July 2015
Good quality, well constructed Ethernet cable.

I've had no issues whatsoever and prefer to buy form a trusted brand for things like this.

Tommee Tippee Easy Drink Cup
Tommee Tippee Easy Drink Cup

4.0 out of 5 stars Vavle is a potch to keep clean, 17 July 2015
This is a really good cup, it's built well and our lo took to it easily.

It all comes apart for cleaning but what I didn't like was the valve inside. It does clip out to clean but inevitably bits do get caught inside and after a while it starts to not taste so great.

If you can handle the extra care and attention the valve on this needs it is a really good cup.

Ultimate Shield Premium Tempered Glass Screen Protector for Samsung Galaxy S6
Ultimate Shield Premium Tempered Glass Screen Protector for Samsung Galaxy S6
Offered by Ultimate Shield

3.0 out of 5 stars Okay, 17 July 2015
I bought this for my Galaxy S6 and it was okay to be fair, better than others I had tried.

It comes very well packaged and presented and on the whole was easy to apply. However, oddly it seemed to develop a tiny crack near one of the inner edges. As a result I had to bin it.

Chancing my arm with a naked screen now...

Philips HX9044/26 Sonicare Adaptive Clean Brush Heads x 4
Philips HX9044/26 Sonicare Adaptive Clean Brush Heads x 4

4.0 out of 5 stars Premium performance, 17 July 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
These toothbrush head are a good improvement over the standard sonicare ones.

They are well built as I have come to expect from Philips over the years. The design is more reminiscent of a 'standard' toothbrusg head and is a bit more comfortable to get used to. The new flex part actually works well to make sure you are not scrubbing your gums to oblivion. The indicator bristles will let you know when to change.

Whilst very good they are very premium priced and not very competitive with say Braun. That said they clean well and this is their best yet in my opinion for my needs.

Huggies Disney Special Edition Baby Wipes (Product design may vary) - 56 x 10 Packs (560 Wipes)
Offered by mybritshop

4.0 out of 5 stars Really good wipes, 17 July 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
These wipes are very colourfully packaged. I had the red Mickey ones and they look great. Kept my lo entertained a bit whilst I changed him too.

The smell and effectiveness on these wipes are actually really good. They smell pleasant and clean well, so why just four stars? They are not as good as my normal brand in so much as the texture and quality of the actually wipe is not as good. My normal brand is easier to grip and use if that makes sense. My normal brand also sports a more robust opening to get wipes out and seal them back up.

Beyond our little one the wipes are also handy for us and have a ton of other uses (they bring my converse up lovely).

Overall a really good wipe which only just misses being five star

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20