Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Learn More Shop now Shop now
Profile for Reviewer > Reviews

Content by Reviewer
Top Reviewer Ranking: 512

Reviewer "impulsive gadget buyer"
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
AEG AEG CX7-35CB Cordless 2-in-1 Stick Vacuum, Chocolate Brown
AEG AEG CX7-35CB Cordless 2-in-1 Stick Vacuum, Chocolate Brown

5.0 out of 5 stars Powerful and I love the headlights, 21 Feb. 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I really like this cordless vacuum cleaner. To give some background I bought a Dyson handheld when they first came out and most recently use a Bosch athlet as my daily cleaner, and it is soo good it replaced my Dyson upright.

So I was unashamedly keen to try this two in one from AEG. It's an 18v solution with 35 minute run time following a 3.5hr charge. That's not too bad and it should be fine for a quick whip around the house or flat.

Unpacking it the unit feels sturdy and well made. You get the charger and a couple of accessories, a crevice tool and dusting attachment that attach to the cleaner when it is removed from the main bit. Maintenance, like most others is straightforward with a washeable filter. A boring chore yet keeping it clean will maintain performance.

So once charged up I was away, and well, surprised. It performs very well. It lacks the power of the Athlet, especially with it's turbo mode but it quickly makes light work around the house and features two power modes depending on what you are tackling. Unlike the Athlet using the tool is easy. You can unclip the cleaner and use it like an old school dustbuster. The attachments are both handy and work well. Great for nooks, crannies and the car etc.

In use though in the main upright mode it features some nice touches. The 180 degree swivel head works well without being too unwieldy and I didn't know I needed LED headlights until I tried this. I remember my grandparents' old cleaner with a big headlight and it is something they should all feature in my opinion, very handy. It's free standing when not in use so handy to tuck away whilst on charge, There's also additional accessories you can buy if needed.

Overall I am very impressed with this hoover. Great 2in1 functionality and cleans great.

Teach Yourself Visually macOS Sierra
Teach Yourself Visually macOS Sierra
by Paul McFedries

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb beginners' reference that is well written and easy to follow., 21 Feb. 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I really like this book and prefer it to the Sierra For Dummies book.

As the title suggests this is a more visual approach which I really like. Graphics and illustrations are a good size and clear to see and understand. The font and general layout are also nicer on the eye and much easier for me to follow.

Rather than try to be a complete reference covering everything, this focuses a lot on key/important area's or perhaps more popular area's that people will be looking to use.

To that end I'd say this is more a beginners book and one I am pleased to have. I recently took the plunge with a MacBook after many many years building and using windows computers. And whilst somethings are straightforward others are not and I would get caught out on simple things. This is a handy reference I keep near me know and whilst googling a problem does help sometimes I prefer not to be flicking back and forth and have a good old book to hand.

Superb beginners' reference that is well written and easy to follow.

macOS Sierra For Dummies (For Dummies (Computer/Tech))
macOS Sierra For Dummies (For Dummies (Computer/Tech))
by Bob LeVitus

4.0 out of 5 stars Solid reference, 21 Feb. 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I've never really been a fan of the 'For Dummies' series of books which is a shame as they are often treasure troves of information written by compelling authors.

Having recently taken the plunge with a MacBook Pro I must admit I am a fish out of water after a lifetime of building and using windows machines. So whilst I like exploring a new os I often find the differences frustrating as I can no longer work as quickly or easily but this will come with time.

This book is well written and follows a logical progression from basics to intermediate functions to more advanced ways of working with the os. However my style of learning is more visual and this book is text heavy. There are some pictures but the are often small. The text is small too and I think overall the book could feature less and be better visually. That said like many a textbook it is a great reference tool.

I find myself needing to do something then referring to this book to explore how, rather than just trying to work through everything. It all comes own to your learning style and what you want from a manual. Could a lot be found online? yes. However I find it much easier to pin up a book next to me and work it through. Handy when you are trying to understand a feature on the Mac.

Overall well written and contains a lot of useful information. For me it could be less text heavy and burdens but it is a solid reference.

3M C5020D 0.05x20m Scotch Packaging Tape
3M C5020D 0.05x20m Scotch Packaging Tape
Offered by sotel-electronics

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 21 Feb. 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Scotch (3M) make the best tape in my opinion. They have an extremely wide range to suit all needs and in all the years I have been using it, has performed brilliantly.

This is no exception. I've used many a brown tape and this doesn't splinter easily and holds strong and is just generally great to use. I really like the smaller rolls with the hand dispenser. Makes using it a doddle and is generally the right width for small to medium parcels. You can also get the larger versions with larger hand dispensers that also work great.

Superb tape, buy with confidence.

Hallmark Mother's Day Card "Yummy Mummy" - Medium
Hallmark Mother's Day Card "Yummy Mummy" - Medium

5.0 out of 5 stars Youthful/playful card, 21 Feb. 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This card is lovely. Well printed on good quality card there are no imperfections of printing etc

I like the colour scheme and to me it's quite classy without being garish and is a youthful/playful card.

Really like this and the colours.

3M CT5066T3 Scotch Packaging Tape Transparent 3 Rolls
3M CT5066T3 Scotch Packaging Tape Transparent 3 Rolls

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb, 21 Feb. 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Scotch (3m) make great tapes. I've tried many over the years and at the moment they seem to be building on their range. I particularly like their clear packaging tapes and this extra resistant tape is superb.

It cuts easy and is generally easy to work with, though it is better with the hand dispenser or gun in my opinion.

When shipping your parcels out you only need one covering of this to be confident it will do the job. 3 rolls gives great value and it performs great, I much prefer the clear tape to brown, but the 3m brown tape is also really really really good.

3m tapes really are the best. I've used many over the years and they always perform well.

Scotch Extra Resistant Packaging Tape 50mm x 66m (E5066S6) - 1 roll
Scotch Extra Resistant Packaging Tape 50mm x 66m (E5066S6) - 1 roll

5.0 out of 5 stars Always a winner, 21 Feb. 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)

When shipping your parcels out you only need one covering of this to be confident it will do the job. Being extra resistant means it'll take a lot of weight so ideal for taping something up for distribution too.

Scotch Parcel Tape in Hand Roller 2 x Rolls of 66 m x 50 mm Brown
Scotch Parcel Tape in Hand Roller 2 x Rolls of 66 m x 50 mm Brown

5.0 out of 5 stars The best, 21 Feb. 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)

This is no exception. I've used many a brown tape and this doesn't splinter easily and holds strong and is just generally great to use. This double back includes two rolls but also sports the hand dispenser. I've only previously seen this dispenser on smaller rolls of packaging tape and it works really well. Scaled up it woks just as well with these and in fact I much prefer it to the gun style dispenser.

Superb tape, buy with confidence.

Kitchen Craft Manual Masticating Juicer
Kitchen Craft Manual Masticating Juicer

4.0 out of 5 stars Decent juicer, 19 Feb. 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Juicers, depending on your lifestyle are one of those things that seem like a good idea at the time. So I liked the idea of this one being a budget friendly and hand operated one with a small footprint for occasional use.

Being Kitchen Craft it is well made and solid. Once assembled the juicer clamps onto the work top with a large suction cup which works well to hold it in place. There are two cups. One to collect he juice, the other the pulp.

The actually juicing is straightforward . Segmented or chopped fruit/veg are fed into the top and you crank the handle whilst pushing the fruit/veg through with the plunge. It works pleasingly well and is ideal to engage the little ones as there's some hands on time involved with it.

Whilst it disables easily the parts are hand wash only which is a shame.

Overall it does juice well however I could see me getting fed up of this after a while and opting for a powered version. But for myself, I find juicing seems a good idea but the novelty often wears off fast.

Salter 433 SVDR Compact silver mechanical bathroom scale
Salter 433 SVDR Compact silver mechanical bathroom scale

4.0 out of 5 stars Good budget scales, 19 Feb. 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Despite a minor/major letdown I actually like these scales. I have had a few of late and whilst I really like the Salter smart scales you really can't beat a set of mechanical scales of old.

Slim and reasonably light weight the scales feel well made and are backed up by a solid warranty. The face has a non-slip grey material whilst the rear features a dial for calibration if needed.

There are some little feet and these pull out for use on carpets. Inside the box is a little care leaflet and details of your warranty and it amazes me these can be made, transported, stocked and sold for under a tenner.

So, why do I think they have a minor/major flaw? As others have mentioned the display and in particular the numbers are small and hard to see. If you have sight issues you may struggle. I remember scales when I grew up had a magnified window and these could use larger numbers and maybe a more magnified window. Not a problem for me but I see why it could potentially be a really big problem.

They seem generally accurate though giving a consistent reading yet these wouldn't be great if you a looking for precise measurements chasing any weight loss at all.

Overall though a solid budget scales.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20