Profile for Tech 2.0 > Reviews

Content by Tech 2.0
Top Reviewer Ranking: 125

Tech 2.0 "impulsive gadget buyer"
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Panasonic ALL8 Wireless Speaker System (Black)
Panasonic ALL8 Wireless Speaker System (Black)
Offered by PRICE PROMISE EXPEDITED DELIVERY ON ALL ORDERS FREE WITHIN THE UK

4.0 out of 5 stars An unpolished diamond, 25 Mar. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I am in the fortunate position to have both the ALL8 and ALL3 along with a Sonos I bought Christmas time and a Pure Connect Jongo T6X. What is clear is that whilst this is the least user friendly of the ones I have used to date it produces some good quality sound and I think future firmware’s will really allow this to shine. At the moment the app and the whole user experience is somewhat less polished and refined compared to its competitors.

Anyway, onto it. The speaker itself is a pleasing black and charcoal affair and is elegant in appearance. Once unpacked and setup you’ll notice a minimalist design with an Ethernet port and aux in at the rear along with the necessary power connections. The speaker looks and feels fantastic and is every bit the premium build.

Setup was reasonably straightforward using my iPad. During first setup it required a firmware update. Make sure you do this. Once done it requires a reboot (ie power off then on) and you’re back to it. The quick start guide is just that but the full manual is online and there’s a handy qr code to scan to access it.

Many have reported issues with WiFi connectivity however mine was quite straightforward. I use WPA2 encryption and I suspect it struggles on other types on encryption.

The speaker relies on a companion app, much like Sonos and Pure where you can add in your services such as Spotify and then play to the speaker. At the moment the app is very immature compared to the sonos app as are the list of available services. I expect that this will change over time but it is quite the limitation at the minute considering the potential investment. I really do recommend that either you try the speaker or do some research first to see if it will meet your needs.

The proof is in the pudding however and once setup the sound is to my untrained ears simply fantastic. In terms of sound it is an absolute beast compared to the ALL3 and could easily power a house party or get together and punches well above it’s weight and size. Music can go incredibly high without distortion and I found it to have good clarity and range, perhaps a touch bass heavy out of the box but it really brought music alive, no matter what you are listening to.

I was able to play music form my pc to the ALL8 using windows media player through my windows 8 pc. After all it is just a network based speaker. This worked well with no issues to report on that front.

As mentioned above I also have the ALL3 and after getting them all setup I was able to group and ungroup them fine. The ALL8 really does bring the power to the party and my house was soon full of random music that quite frankly sounds like it should be coming out of something much much larger.

Ultimately the speakers are fantastic and my issues with it are largely software related that should be resolved as the system grows and matures. Build is solid and oozes premium and sound is just simply terrific. Whilst the software and user experience isn’t quite as good as the Sonos it is early days and as mentioned easily developed, that said I really think it should have been better form the off.

Panasonic ALL3 Wireless Speaker System (White)
Panasonic ALL3 Wireless Speaker System (White)

4.0 out of 5 stars An unpolished diamond, 25 Mar. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I was very keen to try the ALL3 and have been in the fortunate position to also have the ALL8 along with a Sonos I bought Christmas time and a Pure Connect Jongo T6X. What is clear is that whilst this is the least user friendly of the ones I have used to date it produces some good quality sound and I think future firmware’s will really allow this to shine. At the moment the app and the whole user experience is somewhat less polished and refined compared to its competitors.

Anyway, onto it. The speaker itself comes in white or black and is reassuringly weighty. Once unpacked and setup you’ll notice a minimalist design with an Ethernet port and aux in at the rear along with the necessary power connections. The speaker looks and feels fantastic and is every bit the premium build.

The proof is in the pudding however and once setup the sound is to my untrained ears simply fantastic. Powerful yet reasonably good range. It’s equally at home teasing out some classical or punching out some rock.

I was also able to play music form my pc to the ALL3 using windows media player through my windows 8 pc. After all it is just a network based speaker. This worked well with no issues to report on that front.

As mentioned above I also have the ALL8 and after getting them all setup I was able to group and ungroup them fine. The ALL8 really does bring the power to the party and my house was soon full of random music that quite frankly sounds like it should be coming out of something much much larger.

Ultimately the speakers are fantastic and all my niggles are largely software related that should be resolved as the system grows and matures. Build is solid and oozes premium and sound is just simply terrific. Whilst the software and user experience isn’t quite as good as the Sonos it is early days and as mentioned easily developed, that said I really think it should have been better form the off.

Philips GC7619/20 PerfectCare Pure Steam Generator Iron - OptimalTemp No Fabric Burns Technology, 200 g Pressurised Steam Boost

5.0 out of 5 stars The best that others aspire to, 25 Mar. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
One thing I have found over time is that Philip's are the top dog for steam generator irons and are among the best. That said these irons historically have been bulky and inappropriate for the home setting unless you had dedicated space for it. This changes all that.

The Philips PerfectCare Pure GC7619/20 scores a big win for me. It is compact. Almost 50% smaller than its larger siblings but sacrifices little to do so. Meaning it's easy to store and use around the home.

You take a slight hit on the bar pressure and steam boost, and obviously the water reserve is smaller but I found then in everyday items the results to me were undistinguishable from the larger ones.

The soleplate is a premium Philip's version that glided through everything I threw at it with ease.

It retains the same great features such as one temp for all, an eco mode and one of the best sole plates you can find on an iron.

One thing that cannot be overemphasised enough though is it's size. You could leave it setup or get it out on demand or for the occasional shirt.

One thing I am not a fan of is the inclusion of an anti-scale filter cartridge. I live in a soft water area so each cartridge should last up to 3 months depending on how much work the iron does. In a hard water area I imagine this would be less. Using the cartridges gives 5 years of warranty against scale and they are roughly a fiver each to replace. Although a quick and easy way to keep on top of scale and maintenance of your iron it does tie you in to buying consumables and if I am honest I prefer the system Tefal use in theirs that doesn't require cartridges.

I love this little iron. It produces great results and does so in a compact package that strikes a brilliant balance between size and capability.

Sure LED GU10 PAR16 5W Replacement for 50 Watt, 380 lumen, non-dimmable bulb, 2700k warm light

5.0 out of 5 stars Among the better ones, 24 Mar. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
As I have mentioned in previous reviews, LED bulbs are the way forward. However the quality available varies widely and I'm glad to say these are among the best I've tried to date.

Well built yet light it retro fits well, and it inspires confidence from the off. As part of my house renovation I wanted LED everywhere from the start so time will tell regards longevity.

Temperature wise they give a nice warm light which I prefer in areas such as the kitchen and even the bathroom to a degree as sometimes the white can be a bit stark.

They have a beam angle similar to normal GU10's and they are best suited as spots and I have used mine in the Kitchen alongside a traditional halogen. The colour temperature was all but the same so I'd be happy to recommend these as a direct replacement.

They have an 'expected' life of 3 years with a direct replacement warranty so it's a reassuring purchase and a worthy alternative to Philips and Toshiba.

Rii® Geartist GB01 Wireless Bluetooth Car Kit FM Transmitter with LCD Screen and Hands Free Calling For Apple ipod touch 5, Apple iPhone 6 Plus 6 5S 5 5C 4S 4 , All Apple iPad ,Samsung Android System Smart Phone , HTC , Blackbarry - Supports Siri Function - Dual USB Car Charger and Magnetic Base Included (Black)
Offered by Uxpressbuying

5.0 out of 5 stars really impressed, works very well, 21 Mar. 2015
I have tried a number of in car Bluetooth FM transmitters of late and whilst most did well, this one is by far my favourite.

Firstly it comes attractively packaged in a small plastic pack that is easily opened. You get a two port usb adaptor for the 12v socket, a magnetic disc with strong adhesive on one side and the hands free transmitter.

This is one of the sleekest looking unit’s I’ve tested to date. The usb adaptor is well made and is a compact bullet type featuring two usb ports so you can plug the kit in one and your phone in the other to keep everything going.

The magnetic disc you mount to the dash in a suitable place and the kit then attaches to that. I like this approach as it gives an element of portability should you want to move between cars or if you just want to hide it in the glovebox out the way. The disc features 3M adhesive which is some of the best.

The kit itself is small, very light and doesn’t look too out of place. It features Bluetooth 4 which is all but the latest standard at time of writing and provides for me two key functions.

As a hands free kit it works well. Sound is routed via the stereo nicely and calls are clear and I am told I am clear and easily heard. The controls are easy and you can even activate Siri from the unit which is great. Just need Siri to fully understand me now, not an easy task I guess with a welsh accent.

As a Bluetooth transmitter for music/sat nav it also works incredibly well. Music sounded great and the volume was fine and I found sat nav on my phone much easier routing voice commands via the stereo.

All this is achieved through the FM transmitter which works much better than I thought it would. Just find an empty channel on the car radio and set the transmitter to match and you’re away. It remembers all this for when you come back so you only have to set it up the once. A quick note on this, FM can be prone to interference and what’s clear in one region may not be in another.

This is a great system at a great price and I’m glad to have had the opportunity to review it.

Scholl Velvet Smooth Diamond Pedi Extra Coarse Hard Skin Remover Refill - Pack of 2

5.0 out of 5 stars Welcome addition, 20 Mar. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
These new Extra Coarse rollers are just what my feet needed and make up for the ever so slightly underwhelming experience I have with the finer versions. Both of which have their place.

The heads themselves are well built and easy to install in the scholl pedi, be it the older blue one or the new pink one.

In use I found they were just the ticket for my feet and really helped tackle stubborn areas. I used these to get most of the hard skin off and then the finer one just to finish off.

I'm glad scholl have brought these out and they compliment the pedi system, and my feet well.

Scholl Velvet Smooth Diamond Pedi Extra Coarse Power Hard Skin Remover
Scholl Velvet Smooth Diamond Pedi Extra Coarse Power Hard Skin Remover
Offered by PJ Trade

5.0 out of 5 stars The extra coarse head is a welcome improvement, 20 Mar. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I really rate these pedi machines from scholl. I ahd the original one that was easy to use and effective, however I could not help but wish it were a bit stronger in terms of coarseness so I was glad to try this new version out. The main difference being the much coarser diamond head.

Firstly, it comes packaged in that aweful plastic blister pack stuff but has a pull out bit at the back. Really wish everyone would stop using this stuff for their products!

The machine itself, like it's predecessor comes with 4 batteries and is simplicity itself to use. I found the new 'Diamond' head much better at tackling tough skin, and much more so than any manual way I have tried. My feet although not free of hard skin are much smoother and my wife who was not overly impressed by the original also really likes this one and has now dedicated it as hers.

Although I've not tried other brands I have found this one very effective and a great improvement over the original. That said if you have the original you can just by the new heads for it.

Scholl Active Work Gel Insoles for Men
Scholl Active Work Gel Insoles for Men

5.0 out of 5 stars Made a real difference, 19 Mar. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Having tried the Scholl Everyday insoles I was keen to also try these ones. My job see's me wearing industrial boots roughly 9 hours a day so good boots and cushioning is key.

The first thing I noticed in comparison to the everyday ones is that these are not quite so 'squishy' or as heavy which I think is a good thing for extended wear,

They are well built (as I would expect from Scholl) and were easily trimmed to fit my regular size 11 boots. I used them to replace the insoles in my boots rather than supplement them and they work very well.

What I found in use is that these really did help cushion my time on my feet that includes long periods walking on pavement/tarmac, often in unfavourable conditions. There are ventilations holes up towards your toes to improve airflow for extended use and I did not find my feet sweating any more than normal in these.

Even after my first shift the difference using these was noticeable. My legs felt less fatigued and my knee was aching quite so much. I think these are brilliant. To replace to your existing soles or to breath new life into well worn footwear. I wish shoemakers generally put more thought into the soles. Until then luckily there is this.

Scholl Active Everyday Insoles Gel for Men
Scholl Active Everyday Insoles Gel for Men

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely brilliant, 18 Mar. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I spend a long time on my feet through work and take care to pick supportive boots. However after several hours my knee’s and feet start to ache. It probably doesn’t help that I’m a tall lump of a bloke either…

Anyway, foot health is extremely important and I’ve tried numerous insoles over the years, form cheap to mega expensive. I rate these ones as some of the best I’ve used at a really good price too.

These insoles come in a variety of editions for everyday/work/sport etc and I’ve had the luxury of being able to try the everyday and work ones.

These everyday ones are a lot more padded and ‘squishier’ than the work ones and the relieve they gave was almost immediate. They have really transformed my converse all-stars into a shoe that’s comfortable to wear all day.

Fitting was a doddle as they are easily trimmed to size and unlike past cheaper ones they stay in place nicely. My preference out of the pair are the work ones (not tried the sports ones) but these are fantastic too and as I mentioned they made an immediate impression on me and my legs/knees weren’t quite so tired and aching at the end of the day.

Cootree® F33 Wireless Bluetooth FM Transmitter, Multifunction Car Kit with Hands-Free Calling, Music Controlling, Radio Adapter and USB Charging Port for Smartphone, iphone, ipad
Offered by Kumu-UK

5.0 out of 5 stars I like it, 18 Mar. 2015
This is a good little Bluetooth FM transmitter with a different design to that which I’ve seen in others. The device comes in two parts essentially.

The stem plugs into your 12v car port and provides a usb slot for charging your device. Then there’s a magnetic connector on top of a flexible goose neck shaft. The flexible shaft is just that and can be angled and repositioned to suit your setup.

The second part is the Bluetooth transmitter that firmly snaps onto the magnetic connector and features a variety of controls. There’s a small screen that displays the frequency and this can be adjusted to suit. There are volume controls and back/forward skip with a multifunction button.
Setup and pairing was straight forward and quite intuitive, I didn’t need to refer to the manual. Once paired with your phone it stays paired as does the frequency you set, so you don’t have to set it up each time you get in the car.

Playing music back on the go was fine. I was streaming from Deezer on my iPhone which worked well. Hands free calling was also ok. Not the best I’ve heard but very useable. You can also route gps navigation instructions over it. I really liked this is I find my iPhone a bit quiet on drives when using navigation.

Overall a good device that functions well. I like the separate usb port so you can charge/power your device at the same time.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20