Profile for Tech 2.0 > Reviews

Content by Tech 2.0
Top Reviewer Ranking: 137

Tech 2.0 "impulsive gadget buyer"
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
The Breath Co Fresh Breath Oral Rinse - 500ml - Icy Mint
The Breath Co Fresh Breath Oral Rinse - 500ml - Icy Mint

4.0 out of 5 stars Effective mouthwash, 2 May 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I was quite keen to try this out, having routinely used Ultradex for several years.

Firstly the packaging is definitely an eye grabber, you certainly won't miss this on your shelf and does little to blend in.

The mouthwash itself is very strong without being overly 'burny' and I liked this. I much prefer the Ultradex system where you get a sachet of mint to flavour to taste but hey ho. The taste does subside reasonably quickly but hints of it could still be detected when having a drink a good while later.

I definitely felt it made an improvement on my breath, with my wife reporting that yes it did seem effective. I certainly felt it was effective.

So why only four stars? A couple of things really, price, the dispensing cap doesn't clip onto the bottle for storage and I much prefer the system that includes the flavouring separate. I really wasn't thrilled either to read the story about how it came to be, I felt it was unnecessary.

That aside it is a very effective mouthwash.

2 x Foxnovo ICR18650 3100mAh 3.7v 11.5Wh High Drain IC Protected 18650 Rechargeable Li-ion Batteries
Offered by FoxnovoStore

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality battery, 29 April 2015
This is the first time I’ve used Foxnovo batteries have been supplied a pair for review.

I’ve been really impressed with these. They state they are based on Panasonic internals and so far everything suggests they are indeed of premium heritage.

My two came in individual boxes and I charged them using a Foxnovo Intelligent charger. They were reasonably quick to charge.

Being Li-Ion they suffer no memory effects and are capable of pumping out the power if needed. My LED torch handled these fine and there were no issues in their use. They feature a build in circuit to protect themselves against rapid charge/discharge so the internals can’t be damaged.

I’m quite impressed with these batteries and happily recommend them.

Foxnovo Li-ion Ni-MH Ni-CD Sound Prompt Battery Capacity Testing LCD Intelligent Battery Charger with UK-plug Adapter 12V Car Adapter for 26650, 22650, 18650, 18500, 18490, 17670, 17650, 17500, 16340, 14500, 10440 Ni-MH and Ni-CD A, AA, AAA, C, SC Rechargeable Batteries Black (2-Slots)
Offered by FoxnovoStore

4.0 out of 5 stars Essential purchase for rechargeable batteries, 29 April 2015
This is a great smart charger for keeping your batteries in tip top condition. It was supplied to me by the company for review.

The charger is as well made as any and comes with a UK plug adaptor and a 12v car charger increasing it’s versatility.

The charger itself takes a wide variety of batteries and you can mix and match different types as each slot is it’s own independent charger.

However being a smart charger the device really comes into it’s own via the handy little LCD screen. From there you can see the charging current (0.5 a or 1 a) and shows the current capacity and charging status. You can also discharge a battery which is great for conditioning. You can deplete them then recharge fully as mentioned to condition the battery. Once the charging cycle has finished the tone rings.

What’s interesting is that you can test your batteries to see their true capacity. Great if you have some doubts or buy a set form an untested source.

One handy little feature is the inclusion of an usb port. You can charge your attached device whilst plugged in or from batteries fitted into the charger. Handy in a pinch or if you want to travel light.

Smart chargers are definitely an essentially bit of kit if you are using or intend to use rechargeables. It’s also good to invest in premium rechargeables. I've knocked one star off as the tone really annoys me when it's finished charging. I wish you could turn it off.

SplashETech Mini 0805 Ambarella A7LA50D Chip Full HD 1296P(Upgraded Mini 0803) Car DVR Recorder,With GPS Logger

4.0 out of 5 stars Cracking little dash cam, 29 April 2015
This is my first ever dash cam and in fairness it’s really good. It was supplied to me by the company for review.

The box it comes in is worth a mention for being one of the most minimalist boxes I’ve ever received a product in. A white box with the name and an outline of the product. I actually love this.

Anyway, onto the contents. You get the dashcam, mount, car charger cable with a really long lead and a more normal usb cable.

The camera and mount are reasonably lightweight and feel well made. The mounting system is reasonably straightforward. The camera slots into the mount that is designed to remain in place on the screen. The mount also serves as a charging station so once plumbed into your car you only have to remove the camera. However, moving the camera in and out places a bit of stress on the mount and as it’s only held in place by a sticker you may find you need to renew this periodically. They give a spare in the box but some double sided 3m pads will do it.

Onto the camera. Firstly it is well built. It features an array of ports to cater for all. Micro USB, aux, micro hdmi and a micro sd card. On that note you’ll need a micro sd card for recording. I’d recommend going class 10.

Once powered on the menu system is ok to navigate around. The screen is tiny so any adjustments will means removing it from the mount. But once setup I wouldn’t imagine you need to touch it really other than to turn it on. You can pretty much customise everything through the menu form white balance to quality. I leave mine set to record and save the footage when it detects a bump but you can turn it off if you wish.

I found image quality to be very good using the cam, even at night it was reasonable. The lens is wide angle and in daylight clarity was very good. It lasts 20 ish minutes on a charge but to be honest you’d ideally be setting this up to be connect to the 12v during journeys.

You can view the footage on the tiny screen, with a micro hdmi cable or transfer it to your pc which was quick and easy. Transferring it really opens up the true quality of the footage.

Overall a well built dash cam that is discreet and performs very well. Whilst I think the mounting system could be improved and the menu's refined slightly this shouldn't be a barrier to taking this for a drive!

OSOMount Smart EX - Extendable Mobile Phone Mount for iPhone 6/6 Plus /5S /5C /4 /4S / Samsung Galaxy S5/S4/S3/Note 4 /3 & Other Smartphone
Offered by Zero 50 Retail Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic mount system, 29 April 2015
I have been fortunate enough to be offered this to review. I was happy to do so having had previous OSOMOUNT holders. They have been fantastic and this is no different.

It comes well presented in a stylish little box in two pieces. The mount and the device holder.

Lets start with the mount. It uses a two phase system to lock your mount in place. First there's the suction cup which is better than most I've seen on this sort of device. This is then reinforced with a latch you flip down to create a vacuum lock. It works very well and I've had no problem sticking it to my dash and windows. Should you want to remove it or reposition you simply release the vacuum lock and pull a little tab to break the seal. It may then be worth just giving it a little clean before repositioning if necessary.

In a twist from the other mount's by OSOMOUNT this one features a telescopic arm that works exceedingly well. You can adjust the angle and lock it into place and adjust the telescopic arm and lock that into place. It is ideal for me. I use my mount in the little quarter window to the right of my dash. Before it was a bit of a fiddle clipping the phone in and out but with this its perfect. I imagine this might also be suitable in lorries or what not. It's a great system and does so in a compact and unobtrusive way.

The actually mount bit for the phone is a real improvement on past designs. It attaches to the arm with a ball join and can be turned/tilted etc then locked into place. What I really like though is how the clamp works. You press a button in the centre to pull the left arm out and lock it out. Then when you push the phone into place against the button the arm clamps down. It's really easy and can be done with one hand. I hope their other mounts get upgraded with this feature its a massive improvement.

The clamp bit has foam pads so as not to scuff your phone. I would have preferred them to be silicone pads but hey ho, time will tell how long the foam lasts. The clamp itself had no trouble taking my iPhone 6 in a case (4.7 inch) with a bit of room to spare. The case is a Tech 21 one for reference.

I continue to be really impressed by OSOMOUNT. Prior to this they were my first and only recommendation when asked about mounts. This only goes to cement that. Fantastic!

Philips SC2008/11 IPL Lumea Precision Plus Hair Regrowth Prevention System
Philips SC2008/11 IPL Lumea Precision Plus Hair Regrowth Prevention System

5.0 out of 5 stars Great bit of kit, 28 April 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The only difference between this, and the 2006/11 is the inclusion of a bikini line lens. I own the 2006/11 model, and have done since it’s release. A bit more on that later.

The package is well presented and included is the device itself that I was pleasantly surprised to see was a wireless hand held affair, charger, body and face adaptors and a little bag to hold it all. I was somewhat disappointed with the bag as I don't feel it offers enough protection for such and expensive device with delicate attachments and would have liked to have seen a semi rigid case of some sorts.

Once charged the prep and use is very straightforward. As I understand the hair has to be in the `growth' stage and so I shaved the rear of my upper arms in order to use it during it’s growth stage. I particularly like to keep on top of my back and upper arms.

It is simply a case then of selecting the appropriate intensity for your hair/skin colour and away you go. In use the sensation was quite tingly for me but not uncomfortable.

The included info guides you through this process and the correct selection etc but if unsure I would suggest starting off on a lower setting to see how you react.

In use there was some light bleed so I investigated the need for googles. Although you don't need them in use they may be handy to reassure or help those particularly sensitive to flashes of light such as migraine sufferers etc.

I am both surprised and encouraged by the results that quite frankly I was sceptical of. After several months of using the identical 2006/11 I can say it has definitely reduced hair regrowth and what does regrow is much thinner and lighter. I am grateful for the included bikini line lens so that I can tackle more delicate areas.

*** As I mentioned above I have been using the identical 2006 version for some months now. The unit/hardware etc is identical to this one save for the included bikini lens in the newer one. I am happy to report that it has had a positive effect over the last few months. Hair has started to regrow but it is much lighter and I am confident in a few more sessions this will reduce further. My wife has used it on her underarms and really noticed a lessening in regrowth and what does regrow is much lighter ***

Motorola Blink 83 Connect HD Wi-Fi Baby Monitor
Motorola Blink 83 Connect HD Wi-Fi Baby Monitor

4.0 out of 5 stars Baby friendly IP cam, 27 April 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a great user friendly baby cam, and is essentially an IP camera that has had more than 2 seconds thought put into how it looks and a nice easy way to actually set it up and use it.

The unit itself is well built in my opinion given that it'll just be plonked somewhere peaceful to keep watch. It features pan til and zoom which is great for when your lo wriggles down the cot or just generally when you want to adjust the camera without interruption. In use the pan/tilt/zoom is quiet and shouldn't disturb a sleeping baby.

This particular model forgoes a parent unit and provides you with an app instead for you iPhone/ipad/android device. Once again windows phone is missing....anyway on we go.

Setup and install was a breeze on both my iPhone 6 and iPad. You need a companion app, called Hubble to view the feed. Whilst on WiFi in the house I found it performed well. Video whilst not perhaps as hd as they claim is perfectly adequate for the needs at hand. I found it fine in both day and night situations and on a par with my top of the range bt monitor.

There are all the things one would expect out of a modern baby monitor such as temperature, two way talk and a few lullabies. All very good.

The unique selling point though is undoubtabley the remote access. The Hubble app allows you to basically log in wherever you are and see whats happening. It also allows a number of additional features such as notifications when there's a change in temp or it detects some sound or movement. It also lets you take a picture should the moment warrant it. These are some nice extra's and I wish other top end baby monitors would do the same. You can also log in via a browser which gives a bit of flexability.

The caveat with accessing the app outside is that you are reliant on your connection which may or may not be as good as inside your house. I tried it out and about and with 4G I found it perfectly adequate. As others have said the pan/tilt/zoom becomes somewhat less useful remotely but does still work.

You can link up to 4 cameras to the app so great if you want to cover multiple rooms etc. You could also deploy one as a quick and easy security camera given it's ease of use.

This is a very good camera and I like the direction they are headed in. I'm not 100% sure I'm ready to give up having a dedicated parent unit just yet but they also do a system with both. As I mentioned above, I hope other's follow suit now and start offering remote access.

Philips BG105/10 Bodygroom with Skin Protector Series 1000
Philips BG105/10 Bodygroom with Skin Protector Series 1000

5.0 out of 5 stars Pleasantly surprised, 23 April 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This bodygroom despite being their lowest priced entry level model is actually my favourite of all the bodygrooms I have tried.

I originally started using a bodygroom with the 7000 series model with the sleek metal chassis and trimmer one end and closer shave the other. The problem I felt with that one is that it is cumbersome, the stand was fiddly and the non-lithium ion battery started to degrade quite quickly.

This has none of those problems however it is reliant on a AA battery, of which you are supplied with one to get you started (it takes just one AA not two as per the description). In the pack you get the bodygroom, battery, comb and lanyard.

The bottom half unscrews, battery in and jobs a gooden. The lanyard is handy so if you do take it in the shower there's less chance of dropping it. It's very compact in size and would easily stow away in a travel bag or your gym kit. That said it's a brave man who whips one of these out at the gym lol. The body of it is covered in a nice soft touch plastic that is textured on the back for grip.

Firstly, shaving 'intimate' area's with this is less frightening than the other models. The skin guard keeps you safe whilst allowing two way shaving and I managed not to nick myself in pursuit of a close shave. You can then swap out the skin guard for a comb which for me was handy to tackle unwieldy armpit hair.

As I said at the beginning, this has really impressed me and I was expecting to be underwhelmed by it. It's the perfect size for tackling smaller more delicate areas. The only thing that perhaps lets it down is the lack of a little bag or pouch to keep everything tidy. It's well made and excels at the task in hand.

Motorola MBP853 Connect Wi-Fi HD Video Baby Monitor
Motorola MBP853 Connect Wi-Fi HD Video Baby Monitor

5.0 out of 5 stars Hope others follow the remote viewing lead, 21 April 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have gone through a number of monitors of late and my current setup is the newer BT 7500 which is great. I was keen to try this one though as it takes it a step further by allowing remote access via the app. More on this in a bit.

Firstly for your money you get the camera unit, a parent unit, the necessary power adaptors and instructions. It’s all presented well in a compact little box that wouldn’t look out of place in an Apple store.

Firstly the camera. It feels well-built yet light and can be wall mounted which is great as it allows you a great angle into the cot whilst keeping the power cord out of inquisitive hands.

The parent unit is very slim and the buttons feel sturdy when pushed. Although free standing I would like to have seen a more robust base or stand to keep it up right if it were accidently knocked.

In use I found the camera to be very good quality and perfectly adequate for our needs. And I include night vision in this, it was fine for having a peak when the lo has gone to bed. Sound was equally as good as I’ve come to expect form new devices all boasting hd sound/picture etc.

It features some standard things like temperature which is handy, two way talk etc but the killer feature is the pan/tilt/zoom which is perfect for getting the right angle, especially if you have a wriggler. One thing I liked is the sound level indicator and the 5 in built lullabies. Whilst we don’t use them enough they are great.

The system works using WiFi in two ways. First the signal to the parent unit. It uses FHSS to automatically hop to the best frequency and I found range was good, easily on a par with our BT. Though this will be subjective due to type of house etc. It helped keep my signal strong and is ideal in heavily populated areas with WiFi everywhere.

Secondly it also connect to your router and you can use the companion app (hubble) for remote viewing. Setting this up is painless and you can view your lo remotely. This is ideal for me as a shift worker and lets me look in should I choose. The app also lets you record and take photo’s and provides handy alerts.

Overall this is a top product for me and Motorola have really excelled themselves. I particularly liked the remote viewing and I hope others follow this lead in a parent and baby friendly package.

MICRO Nail Electric Nail Polisher Replacement Rollers - Pack of 4
MICRO Nail Electric Nail Polisher Replacement Rollers - Pack of 4

4.0 out of 5 stars Good quality, 18 April 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
These replacement rollers are great quality as one would expect from genuine Emjoi replacements.

Two smoothing rollers and two shine rollers they work extremely well and if you've bought into the system are the best replacements you can get. Although Amazon tend to have the bets price I do wish there were more in a pack for the money.

These produce great results and are an essential purchase for those who've bought into the micro nail system.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20