Profile for Tech 2.0 > Reviews

Content by Tech 2.0
Top Reviewer Ranking: 144

Tech 2.0 "impulsive gadget buyer"
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Chicco Oasys 1 Isofix Car Seat (Fire)
Chicco Oasys 1 Isofix Car Seat (Fire)

5.0 out of 5 stars Really good seat, 23 May 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I really like this car seat from trusted Baby brand Chicco.

Out of the box it comes as well packaged as one would expect without half a wheelie bin of unnecessary packaging to get rid of which is good.

You get the seat and the necessary instructions on how to set it up and install it. There's a handy QR code you can scan with your phone, which takes you to a video of how to install this. I really liked this and it made installation that bit easier.

The seat is reassuringly solid and weighty which gave me the immediate feeling that it was quite premium, along with the thick padding. Nothing looks or feels cheap about this seat.

The seat has five recline positions that my lo found comfy. Reclining it is very straightforward. My lo is held in with a harness that is one of the better ones I've seen on baby car seats. They are nice and thick with useful pads for comfort.

The cover is easy to remove for cleaning which is a massive boon for dribblers and messy eaters alike. Although the design is quite plain I rather like it but that's just me.

Overall this is a fantastic car seat. Well made and apparently comfortable as my lo took to it instantly and was happy nodding off in it when reclined.

My only concern about it is that perhaps for my Honda Jazz it is a little on the large size, but then I have a small car. Fits perfect in my wife's Civic. This is down to the car though but something to keep in mind if you are tight on space.

The Pure 60ml Screen Cleaner Kit contains only Eco-Friendly, Bio Degradable and Hypo Allergenic ingredients. NO chemicals. NO alcohol. Naturally removes all dust, dirt, marks and stains from LED, LCD, Plasma TV, iPhone, Samsung, Sony, Smartphones, iMac, Laptop, Computers, Touch Screens and CD's to leave them gleaming clean.
Offered by VinylClear

5.0 out of 5 stars Very effective, 22 May 2015
I received this item in exchange for an honest review.

Pure screen cleaner is it states all natural. I have no way of testing this so I will take it on face value that it is.

You get a handy bottle of the cleaner and a large microfiber cloth.

It advises not to spray directly onto the screen or when a device is on. First up was my TV which my son had managed to cover in hand prints. A few sprays on the cloth and I gave it a firm yet gentle wipe. I then dried it with the reverse of the cloth. It left me with a streak free and clean screen that looked just as if it had arrived new.

Next up our iPad/Phone's. Again I repeated the process and was left with gleaming clean screens.

The bottle is more travel size so it's handy to take with you. It's fragrance free and most importantly very effective. I normally use one form a well known PC parts manufacturer and this was easily as good as, if not better (due to being natural).

Disney Belle of the Ball Dryer Set
Disney Belle of the Ball Dryer Set

5.0 out of 5 stars My niece loved it, 22 May 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a lovely kit for any budding little Princess. My niece was over the moon with it as she loves Belle.

The kit comes well presented in colourful packaging and is a really girly present with the Tiara and compact hairdryer.

The dryer seems well built, built not quite as robust as our full size 'grown up' one and actually works really well with good heat settings. I gave it a whirl myself and I was surprised just how effective it is.

The tiara is more a novelty thing but my niece had fun with it. You cut the door hanger out of the packaging which is a bit of a shame.

Overall a brilliant kit for budding princesses.

Microsoft Lumia 640 5-Inch SIM-Free Smartphone - Black
Microsoft Lumia 640 5-Inch SIM-Free Smartphone - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars An absolute diamond of a phone, 17 May 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The Microsoft Lumia 640 is an absolute gem of a phone. Work currently make me use a Samsung Galaxy Note 4, my everyday phone is an iPhone 6 and I’ve previously tried a Lumia 930 for a few weeks (not to mention the 535 and 630). What’s surprised me is just how good this phone is at an incredible price point. To the point that to be honest I don’t really need my iPhone 6 anymore if it weren’t for two specific apps. The Microsoft environment would suit my life/work style better.

What’s interesting is that Windows 10 will unify the experience across platforms and depending on how Microsoft pull this off I can see the Windows Phone ecosystem really blasting off later this year.

I’ve previously setup multiple Lumia 630’s for family and they are the only phone’s where I’m not constantly bombarded with queries how to do things. The system is very easy to get to grips with and very flexible. It’s not as open and fragmented as Android yet not as locked down as Apple, it’s a good middle ground.

The Lumia 640, like those it replaces is lightweight and well built. It features a brilliant 5 inch HD display (720p) that uses the Clearblack Technology and it is lovely to look at and use. It’s not quite as sharp as my iPhone 6 retina display but then I wouldn’t expect it to be. I have to say though that the screen should not be underestimated despite the modest spec.

It comes in a range of funky colours and the back plastic shell can be removed and swapped out for another colour. Removing the shell gives you access to the micro sd card, sim card and battery. I would strongly advise anyone to stick a micro sd card in first as last. The phone has 8gb of internal storage but between apps/os/pictures etc that’ll go fast. In fact after the initial setup I had something like 3.2gb of space left. The good thing is you can install app’s etc to the micro sd card (Storage Sense App controls this) now, so get something tidy, like a class 10.

The phone is comfortable in hand thanks to the rounded edges and typing on it is pleasant enough. Under the hood there’s a quad core processor with 1gb ram so you should have no issue running software or any future updates as they stand. Whilst this doesn’t sound much in use the phone is responsive and snappy enough.

That brings me to the software. The phone currently runs windows 8.1, the latest ‘Denim’ built. For the brave you can sign up for the Windows 10 preview via the insider app. But unless you want to do some hard core tinkering I’d stay away from this for now unless you have a specific reason to use it.

There are some cracking built in apps such as HERE navigation with offline navigation and Cortana is just brilliant, much better than Siri in my opinion.

Windows Phone has come a long way in the last few years. As you’d expect from a modern phone there’s a pull down notification centre and the os is easy to use and navigate. Live tiles are resizable and even more creative things are now being done with Tile Art.

The onboard camera is an 8 megapixel one and to be fair pictures were perfectly fine, especially at this end of the market. The front facing camera is not great but for the occasional skype call it’s a step above the 630 series that didn’t even have a front facing camera.

It wasn’t hard to get a full days use out of the phone and the battery can be swapped out if need be which is great, I really don’t like the trend of non-user serviceable batteries.

Included with the phone is 1 years’ worth of Office 365. This is really handy and not only can you use the Office apps on the phone you can also use it on another pc or tablet.

Most major apps are now represented and the upcoming Windows 10 should see a massive overhaul of not just the phone but the app store as apps made for windows 10 should work across most devices within reason.

This phone is an absolute joy to use and I can’t wait to see what Microsoft have instore later in the year with Windows 10 and hopefully some new mid/high range handsets as they are on fire with this one!

Rexel Mylar A4 Divider - Assorted Colour (Pack of 10)
Rexel Mylar A4 Divider - Assorted Colour (Pack of 10)

5.0 out of 5 stars Premium long lasting dividers, 16 May 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
These Rexel dividers are strong, colourful and my go to choice for dividers. I have a touch of OCD so I keep everything filed and labelled etc

These dividers are of a premium construction with reinforced tabs and punched edge meaning no more index cards half hanging out or accidentally being pulled out from a full file, which was especially annoying with the budget paper dividers. The tabs are nice and colourful and easy to read and there's an index sheet for the front of the file to make everything up.

The punched edge has been reinforced with plastic and it feels sturdy. It would take a lot of effort to rip one of these out of a file, and are worth the extra over cheaper budget paper ones.

The punched edge has numerous holes so it should fit a wide variety of ring binders and lever arch files.

Fantastic dividers and worth every penny.

Inateck 3-Port USB 3.0 Hub with Magic Port Transfer Files from PC to PC, PC to Mac, Mac to PC and PC to OTG Devices, Driver-free Dual System KVM Swap
Offered by Inateck

5.0 out of 5 stars Ideal for linking Tablet and PC, 15 May 2015
I was sent this by Inateck for an unbiased review.

Having recently bought a Dell Venue 8 Pro I was looking for a solution to make use of devices with a full size usb and was also contemplating how best to have it setup alongside my pc.

This little bit of kit has been an absolute godsend in fairness. It comes packaged in a neat little brown box and the Hub itself is solid and well built and reassuringly uses USB 3 to maximise speed.

I use this device in two ways.

Firstly as a hub connected to my Venue 8 whilst out and about, as it gives me the ability to hook up 3 usb device to my venue. Though these days I leave it mostly connected to my main pc. Reason being the second way I make use of it as follows.

I leave this sat as a bridge between my venue 8 pro and my pc. I connect my keyboard and mouse to it and voila I just move between my pc and venue at will. It allows me to move files across and is just really straightforward and just works. Brilliant. It will also allow the same between PC and Android (using an app) or to a mac. It's a fantastic little hub in fairness.

I'm so glad I've been offered the chance to try this out as quite frankly I would have bought this in an instant for my Venue 8.

Rexel Mylar A4 Reinforced Index - Multicolour/White (Pack of 10)
Rexel Mylar A4 Reinforced Index - Multicolour/White (Pack of 10)

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality dividers, 15 May 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I've always bought Rexel dividers where possible because they have always been to me better quality. These are no exception.

I use these both at work and at home and to me they are essential for staying organised. When I've used standard cheap paper ones they haven't lasted long and over time the holes have worn and eventually broken and they end up half hanging out the file, if they hang around at all.

These index's are of a premium construction in my opinion and what set's these apart are the reinforced tabs and punched edge meaning no more index cards half hanging out or accidentally being pulled out from a full file. The tabs are nice and colourful and easy to read and there's an index sheet for the front of the file to make everything up.

The punched edge has been reinforced with plastic and it feels sturdy. It would take a lot of effort to rip one of these out of a file, so much so that I think if that were happening there'd be bigger issues at hand.

The punched edge has numerous holes too so it should fit a wide variety of ring binders and lever arch files.

These are really good index dividers that set the standard for student/home/office supplies as I've come to expect from Rexel over the years.

Ink Jet Remanufactured Ink Cartridge Replacement for Epson - T1285 Combo Black, Cyan, Magenta, Yellow

4.0 out of 5 stars Good alternative for routine printing, 15 May 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
These cartridges are a suitable alternative to forking out on the Epson ones depending on your intended task.

Firstly it's remanufactured so there should be no issues whatsoever with fit or compatibility which is good.

The cartridges themselves print well enough and were comparable to non-original cartridges I've had in the past. They handled text and pictures just fine. They also handled photo's ok but I think that if you needed the photo for something like a display or maybe a long term keepsake I'd probably be tempted to stick with originals as they give the best results and last the longest.

That said these are perfectly fine as an everyday replacement.

Stanley Razor Edge Scraper & 5 Blades  0 28 500
Stanley Razor Edge Scraper & 5 Blades 0 28 500

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential for any toolkit, 13 May 2015
This has been a fantastic little tool for our house renovation.

It's well built and comes with a pack of five blades to get you started. I like the aluminium and gold styling of these particularly Stanley items and have the matching knife.

The scraper has so far breezed through loads of tasks. It's gotten plaster and paint drips off a variety of surfaces and even cleaned the glass screen on my mothers cooker.

This is one of those little tools that needs to be in everyone's arsenal. It's so versatile and handy. Well done Stanley!

6mm Thick Corner Glass Shelf With Two Chrome Finish Brackets 200mm x 200mm Toughened Safety
Offered by cabinetsforbathrooms

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent shelf let down by no screws, 13 May 2015
This is a really good shower shelf and I chose it as it was similar to the one I had in my old house.

It comes well packaged but you only get the shelf and the chrome fixings, you don't get any screws or rawl plugs. This I don't understand as they could have been included. It wasn't so much an issue for me as I have plenty of screws and plugs but just be aware. And form other reviews I was aware of this prior to purchasing.

When fitted the shelf is reassuringly thick and holds firm in the chrome mounts.

I've dropped a star for the lack of screws as I really think they should have been included but the shelf is excellent.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20