Profile for Tech 2.0 > Reviews

Content by Tech 2.0
Top Reviewer Ranking: 247

Tech 2.0 "impulsive gadget buyer"
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Technology Will Save Us DIY Electro Dough Kit (Multi-Colour)
Technology Will Save Us DIY Electro Dough Kit (Multi-Colour)
Offered by Maplin_Webdeals

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, 20 Mar. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I really like this, its a great little starter kit that introduces some solid basics.

The kit is well made and really well presented in a trendy way and it works. Something to clear up straight away, as the name suggests you need dough for this to work. We have plenty of play dough lying around but you can make your own which just add's to the fun. I would suggest a bit of initial prep here though.

In use the kit was good. Dependant on age it definitely need's some adult intervention and it is great to pass an hour or two on a sunday afternoon whilst also being educational.

The website is really handy with lots of other kits and resources. There's a dough recipe along with a ton of other stuff. When my son is a bit older I can't wait to get the more complex kits to try and get him into coding.

I love the kit and I think I'll be investing in more.

200 Pasta Dishes: Hamlyn All Colour Cookbook
200 Pasta Dishes: Hamlyn All Colour Cookbook
by Marina Filippelli

5.0 out of 5 stars No fuss cook book with great recipes, 19 Mar. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a cracking recipe book full of loads of good recipes and idea's.

It's well made and presented and nice and compact.

The recipes are well laid out with the directions broken down into quick easy bitesize paragraphs.

There are a good variety of recipes and I'm looking forward to working my way through them.

3M SandBlaster 025180UK Fine P180 115mm x 2.5m Between Coats Sandpaper Roll
3M SandBlaster 025180UK Fine P180 115mm x 2.5m Between Coats Sandpaper Roll

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb, 15 Mar. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is terrific sand paper and the best I've bought in my diy escapades. I normally keep a healthy supply of Fine paper around as it's probably the one I use the most.
I particularly like the rolls as they are compact and easier to store and are easier to cut to size with my belt sander.

I trust the 3M brand as quite frankly they make some top products and this is the same. The sheets are a generous size and very good quality.

I use mine cut to fit a 3M sanding block. When it clogs a quick pat normally gets it going again, much longer than cheaper ones I've tried.

Can't find a bad thing to say about the 3M paper. It gives a really good result and I wouldn't buy any other paper.

Disney Princess Royal Shimmer Belle Doll
Disney Princess Royal Shimmer Belle Doll

5.0 out of 5 stars Very well recieved, 15 Mar. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a lovely range of dolls. My niece adores Belle so I was keen to see how she liked it.

She was over the moon with it and has not let it go since having it. The doll is a good size and weight and comes with a few accessories. Namely earrings and shoes. The dress is removable however the gloves are painted.

The hair can be styled and played with and seem ’s reasonably robust. The outfit is lovely and shimmery with some nice detail and comes well presented.

Vax C85-P5-Pe Cylinder Vacuum Cleaner, 800 W
Vax C85-P5-Pe Cylinder Vacuum Cleaner, 800 W

4.0 out of 5 stars I like it, 13 Mar. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I am a self-confessed cleaning nut and have probably spent far too much time and money on cleaners over the years. They have come on leaps and bounds of late combining powerful suction with low wattage.

This diminutive cyclinder cleaner from VAX comes well packaged in a compact box and is well stocked with accessories for most tasks. Being the pet edition it boasts extra power and a turbine head for really scruffing the pet hair out of the carpet.

Minor assembly aside once I was up and running the cleaner is pleasant to use. There’s a generous power cord that self retracts and a good supply of accessories for most tasks. I particularly like the turbine head.

Performance is solid and handled most tasks easily enough. It isn’t too noisey and pulled along nicely. Being a bagless cylinder it was relatively quick and easy to empty.

Given the low wattage I am always concerned about suction but I needn’t have been. I’m glad technology is moving forwards in this area.

I am most pleased with this cleaner.

Graco Assure Group 2/3 Car Seat (Peacoat)
Graco Assure Group 2/3 Car Seat (Peacoat)

5.0 out of 5 stars Solid budget seat, 13 Mar. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I now have a handful of stage 2/3 seats between family members so I was keen to try this one out as it is very reasonably priced.

It comes well packaged and clipping the bits together was easy enough. What surprised me is despite being at the budget end of seats it’s actually rather good.

Build quality is fine and it feels sturdy. The headrest is comfy enough, at least it certainly was for my son who nodded off in it during a drive.

The head restraint is adjustable to grown with age and I really like the flip out cup holders which hold my son’s sports bottle well.

As your lo grows it turns into a booster seat so all being told this should last until they no longer need a special seat.

I can’t find much bad to say about this. I prefer a seat that has a recline but that’s preference and certainly no criticism of this one.

It’s really easy to clip and out with the car seat belt and my son much prefers it to the harness type we had as it gives him some freedom without compromising safety. It’s not too wide either and the chair is actually quite compact. And lastly it’s nice and light for easy movement between cars or if you need to pop it in the boot due to passengers etc.

Really a great, reasonably priced car seat which doesn’t skimp on features.

Bing Phone
Bing Phone

4.0 out of 5 stars It's ok, 12 Mar. 2016
This review is from: Bing Phone (Toy)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
My son likes pretend phones, particularly his Fireman Sam one. He likes Bing so I thought this would be good to try.

The packaging is good and very easy to open which is good. The phone is good and feels solid. I’m a little disappointed with the screen sticker however it is price appropriate I guess.

The sounds and phrases are great. My son really enjoyed interacting with all the different sounds and there was a good variety of them.

We gave it a try in the base and it does make it louder however he lost interest in the base quickly.

Overall it’s a lovely baby safe toy or gift.

AEG SB5700BK 5 Series Blender with TruFlow Stainless Steel Blades, 700 W
AEG SB5700BK 5 Series Blender with TruFlow Stainless Steel Blades, 700 W

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb blender, 11 Mar. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
AEG have some great products and this is every bit one of them. Right from the off it is clearly a premium product and having recently tried various Bosch and bullet blenders this is a good solid one.

It’s surprisingly neat and compact, yet this hides a powerful blender. Aesthetically it’s very pleasing and I am happy to leave this out on the work top.

There’s a 1.5l triangular jug which is solid and the measurements easy to read. The lid is easy to get on and off and the blades detach for ease of cleaning. The jug is a good solid glass one which I really liked but could potentially be heavy to handle once full.

AEG refer to the blades as ‘TruFlow’ and in use they are very good and made light work of pretty much everything I could throw at it. I made a soup and a jug load of smoothies that included ice and it handled it all brilliantly. I was impressed with the ice crushing capability.

The control dial is easy to use and backlit which I liked. It’s all powered by a 700w motor which is akin to a standard nutribullet. The noise was acceptable. There are suction feet for extra grip and safety.

It doesn’t come with much in the way of recipes, the internet is your friend here.

Overall a superb blender for when you need to go beyond the capacity of a nutribullet.

ScotchBlue Painter's Tape Advanced Delicate Surface, 25.4mm x 54.8m (2080EL-24E) - 1 roll

4.0 out of 5 stars I like it, 11 Mar. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is essentially over-engineered masking tape for use in painting and decorating situations. We are in the midst of decorating and put it to almost immediate test.

I found it worked well but be mindful it is for delicate surfaces and designed for low adhesion to remove easily to prevent damage. As such you might find it won’t stick where higher adhesion ones will.

In use it peeled off nicely and left a tidy edge. No paint found its way under the tape which I was pleased with.

However, this for me isn’t a killer product. It can be overly fussy on which surfaces it likes and having used the original one I would opt for that one. To be fair I managed fine with regular masking tape when I didn’t cheap out on a pound bargain version.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars I quite like it, 10 Mar. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I’ll be honest I have a touch of OCD and probably spend more time cleaning that I should. I have another handheld that quite frankly made everything much, much easier and still is almost a joy to use. I have since bought a cordless upright which has also been a complete revelation and made the onerous task that much easier.

So, onto this handheld by a premium brand. First impressions out of the box are a reasonably well made handheld. It’s light to hold and I like the colour. The form factor takes me back to the old dust buster days.

Charging was reasonable and the Li-Ion battery should ensure really good results. There’s a battery level indicator too and you should expect a full charge in four hours-ish.

Use is really good and there are a few handy little design features that make it easier. The wheels on the front are mega handy and the inbuilt nozzle comes out and can be fitted with a brush.

So what’s it like? Use is good enough for straight forward easy tasks, like crumbs or some loose dirt etc however I found it struggled on some tough to clean surfaces like inside the car. That said it’s at least half the price of my other handheld and so if you want that sort of performance you’d be better off investing in a more powerful handheld.

Cleaning of it is a doddle. It was easy to pull apart and clean the bits inside and it’s reasonably compact for a handheld.

Overall I like this handheld. It gives good performance for the price and should suit light household tasks easily.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20