Profile for Brian > Reviews

Content by Brian

Brian

Candle Bible for Toddlers (Candle Bible for Toddlers Series)
Candle Bible for Toddlers (Candle Bible for Toddlers Series)
by Juliet David

4.0 out of 5 stars Reasonable book of bible stories for children, 30 Nov. 2011
Of the Children's "Bibles" we have this is the one we read the most since the kids seems to like it most. I prefer the Jesus Story Book Bible because it relates every story to Jesus, but using this one allows you to provide your own lesson from the story.

RICH CHRSTN IN AGE HUNGER: Moving from Affluence to Generosity
RICH CHRSTN IN AGE HUNGER: Moving from Affluence to Generosity
by Ronald Sider

5.0 out of 5 stars Life changing book, 30 Nov. 2011
Excluding the Bible, this is probably the book that has had the most impact in my life.

This is the third time I've tried to read this book. The previous two times I have read a bit, been very challenged at my lifestyle, prayed, made some changes, read some more and given up because it made me uncomfortable.

Cheerios Ready-to-Eat Breakfast Cereal 375 g (Pack of 4)
Cheerios Ready-to-Eat Breakfast Cereal 375 g (Pack of 4)
Offered by Groceries R US

4.0 out of 5 stars One of the strangest things I've bought on-line, 27 Oct. 2011
Cheerios just like you get in the shop, except the individual packs aren't boxed.

These were 3.84GBP when I bought them, which was slightly cheaper than recent offers from Asda and Tesco and slightly more expensive per 100g on a bigger box on offer in Morrisons. But now they've gone up to 7.99GBP, so I doubt I'll be buying them at that price.

Arran (Pevensey Island Guide) (Pevensey Island Guides)
Arran (Pevensey Island Guide) (Pevensey Island Guides)
by Robert McLellan

2.0 out of 5 stars Interesting but not a tourist guide, 7 Jun. 2011
If you want a book that you can read in an evening that gives you an overview of Arran past and present then this is a reasonable book.

If on the other hand are looking for a tourist guide to Arran then look else where.

VINNIC BATTERY AG13 (10pk)
VINNIC BATTERY AG13 (10pk)
Offered by Premier Life Store

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Value, 1 Jan. 2011
Batteries last a similar length of time to the ones you get in pound shops but only buying the type you need rather than a mixed pack has saved me money.

7dayshop AA NiMH High Performance Rechargeable Batteries 2500mAh - 4 Pack
7dayshop AA NiMH High Performance Rechargeable Batteries 2500mAh - 4 Pack

5.0 out of 5 stars As good as the leading brands at a fraction of the price, 1 Jan. 2011
Its about 3 months since I bought these, the batteries are on a par with ones I've bought before from Uniross and Enegizer. The cases come in handy too. I've recommended them to numerous people already.

LeisuPod FD201R Adjustable Foldable Laptop Desk for In-Bed Computting/Reading in Red

5.0 out of 5 stars A cure for sore necks, 1 Jan. 2011
I'd been looking for a while for a foldable table that could be used to elevate the height of my laptop when sitting on a couch to prevent neck strain - and now I've found it. Product is stable enough to use with a 17inch laptop.

Princess Poppy: The Tooth Fairy (Princess Poppy Picture Books)
Princess Poppy: The Tooth Fairy (Princess Poppy Picture Books)
by Janey Louise Jones

3.0 out of 5 stars Waiting for teeth to fall out, 1 Jan. 2011
Although not a fan of this series, this book was helpful for a girl whose friends' baby teeth had started to fall out before hers. I would recommend a copy for girls in this situation.

The Usborne Book of Everyday Words (Usborne Everyday Words)
The Usborne Book of Everyday Words (Usborne Everyday Words)
by Jo Litchfield

5.0 out of 5 stars One of our kids' favourite books, 27 Sept. 2010
The detail in the models in this book is fantastic. The kids love this books so much, that we're onto our fourth copy.

The Jesus Storybook Bible: Every Story Whispers His Name
The Jesus Storybook Bible: Every Story Whispers His Name
by Sally Lloyd-Jones

4.0 out of 5 stars The best children's bible I've found, 27 Sept. 2010
We've got five different children's Bibles and this is by far the best as every story is interpreted in the light of Jesus and its context in the Bible.