Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Amazon Music Unlimited for Family Learn more Fitbit Learn more
Profile for Anne-Louise Murray > Reviews

Content by Anne-Louise Murray

Anne-Louise Murray

Emerald
Emerald
by Elisabeth Luard

5.0 out of 5 stars A beautifully written book, 15 Oct. 2004
This review is from: Emerald (Paperback)
Wow. I had been trying to read this book for years and it is fantastic. It tells the story of the fictional daughter of the Duke and Duchess of Windsor and how she was hidden from the world. You watch as her parents give up their only daughter and retreat into their own little selfish worlds where they hardly ever think of her. You watch as Emerald grows up in Scotland and Africa, rise to glittering hieghts on the catwalks of paris and then give it all up to legitimise her own baby.
This story makes the reader feel like a voyer, you feel like you are really there as the headstrong Emerald grows up and learns her heritage.
This is an amazing story and I think any person her likes romance, the royals, paris or just superb writing should buy this book

The Writer's Block: 786 Ideas To Jump-start Your Imagination
The Writer's Block: 786 Ideas To Jump-start Your Imagination
by Jason Rekulak

4.0 out of 5 stars Inspiring, 15 Oct. 2004
At times I suffer from the world's worse writers block and I was going through one of those times when I bought this book. It is an interesting read and has thought provoking ideas. It uses a thing called spark words, where there will simply be one word on a page like 'love' and you will be surprised what ideas these words trigger off in your head. If you suffer from writers block or get stuck for ideas, buy this book. I would not be without it.

Tiny Universal Waite Tarot Deck
Tiny Universal Waite Tarot Deck
by Arthur Edward Waite
Edition: Cards

2.0 out of 5 stars A bit too small to be of use, 15 Oct. 2004
I bought these as I wanted to learn tarot, but was uncertain whether I would be any good at it and so did not want to fork out a lot of money on a deck. The cards are simply decorated but they are really too small to do readings with, but they did get me hooked and now I own 2 full size decks.