Learn more Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Learn more Click Here Shop now Amazon Music Unlimited for Family Shop now Shop Women's Shop Men's
Profile for Mrs. C. A. Smith > Reviews

Content by Mrs. C. A. Smith

Mrs. C. A. Smith

Page: 1 | 2
How to Fall in Love
How to Fall in Love

4.0 out of 5 stars A lovely little book, 3 Jun. 2017
Perfect book for reading by a pool or on a beach, not too sickly and characters you can relate to, nice and cheap too

Women's Capri Pants 3/4 Leggings Tights for Yoga Running Gym by Ethical Activewear Brand Sundried (Medium, Blue)
Offered by Sundried Ltd

4.0 out of 5 stars Flattering and good quality, 29 May 2017
I got these for Pilates, ordered a medium (I'm 5'9 and a size 10/12) and they fit well, however they were shorter on me than in the picture shown, more mid calf length. I haven't washed them yet so can't comment on that. All in all I'd recommend them though

The Highly Sensitive Person: How to Surivive and Thrive When the World Overwhelms You

2.0 out of 5 stars Maybe I'm not an H S P after all, 10 Sept. 2016
Although I could certainly identify with aspects of the description of H S P's the author gave, having read this book I feel it contains assumptions which seem to be based on the author's own ideas and perceptions of this 'trait'

I agree with a previous review in that I'm uncomfortable with the level at which she considers H S P' s to be superior to other lesser mortals and, as a counsellor myself , I feel that by grouping people with this 'trait' together, she's not fully acknowledging the uniqueness of all human beings. Maybe I'm being over-sensitive, as the 'trait' implies!

Lastly, I got agitated quite early on with the over-use of that word 'trait' Having said all of this, plenty of people seemed to relate to this book and find it helpful, maybe It's just me.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 21, 2016 11:08 AM BST

Lucy in the Sky
Lucy in the Sky

3.0 out of 5 stars Decent holiday read, 13 Aug. 2016
This review is from: Lucy in the Sky (Kindle Edition)
I read this book on holiday and found it easy to read and quite entertaining. The problem for me was that it was a little too easy to read if anything. There was no real style to the writing, I would even say it became quite lazy at times, just a succession of facts and events.

I did read it to the end though so that says something for it, I wouldn't' rush to read another book by the same author however.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Fair enough for the price, 17 April 2016
Very nice fit., had several months now and is still good

JETech iPad 2 3 4 Case Smart Cover with Built-in Stand and Auto Sleep/Wake Feature for iPad 2/3/4 Old Versions (Dark Grey) - 0215
Offered by JEDirect UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Very happy with this purchase, 17 April 2016
Great cover for the price, fit my iPad 2 perfectly and is good quality

Fire TV Stick | Streaming Media Player (Previous generation)
Fire TV Stick | Streaming Media Player (Previous generation)

5.0 out of 5 stars Magic Stick, 11 July 2015
The first thing I'd like to mention about the fire stick is how easy it was to set up, even for a technophobe like me. Once working I was more than happy with what was available and how easily I could access the features.

You really need never pay to watch a movie again, especially if you have a good friend/family member with a Netflix account. I also love how YouTube is free of adverts and there's practically no buffering. There's plenty more to keep you amused, including BBCi player, which has been particularly handy during festival season, and games if you're that way inclined.

If you're pondering over whether to buy this little magic stick, stop pondering and buy one, you'll never again complain that there's nothing on TV

The Night Rainbow
The Night Rainbow

5.0 out of 5 stars Enchanting, 21 Feb. 2014
This review is from: The Night Rainbow (Kindle Edition)
I loved this book. The author manages to create the story beautifully through a child's eyes,and the childlike language used is a big part of its charm. I was able to sympathise with the mother, despite how she was portrayed, because I felt her deep sense if sadness through the writing. Don't want to give any more away but would definitely recommend you read it.

SNOW! (SNOW TRILOGY Book 1)
SNOW! (SNOW TRILOGY Book 1)

2.0 out of 5 stars Frustrating, 25 Jan. 2014
This book could have,been so much better, the concept is excellent and some of the ideas interesting. However, for me it fell short on several counts; Firstly, the book has almost certainly not been proof read as it's littered with mistakes.

Next, in my opinion, the story line contains more holes than a string vest, there are inconsistencies and bouts of lazy writing. On several occasions, when the characters are in need of something which will be of practical help, it magically appears! I also found the dialogue unrealistic and old fashioned. Lastly, the story is repetitive and the ending unrealistic.

Having said all of this I stuck with it and gleaned some enjoyment from it, like I said it was an interesting concept. I just wish it had been executed better.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 28, 2014 9:45 AM GMT

The Snow Child: The Richard and Judy Bestseller
The Snow Child: The Richard and Judy Bestseller

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, 1 Jan. 2014
Please ignore reviews which describe this book as dull. It us beautifully written and a pleasure to read. The characters are sympathetically portrayed and the descriptions of their life vivid but never overly indulgent. I read it over the Xmas holidays and I think this just made it more magical.

Page: 1 | 2