Shop now Shop now See more Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Shop now Learn More Learn more Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Paperwhite Shop now Discover more Shop now
Profile for Amit Darji > Reviews

Content by Amit Darji

Amit Darji "Amit" (UK)

Sigg Classics Bottle - Green, 1 Litre
Sigg Classics Bottle - Green, 1 Litre

5.0 out of 5 stars Bottle for any adventure, 4 Aug. 2011
These Sigg bottles are great, I bought mine when going backpacking and I took it everywhere from the freezing conditions of Everest base camp to the extreme heat of the jungles of south east Asia.

The bottle is made from lightweight aluminium, so when its empty it hardly weighs anything whilst being very tough...I dropped my bottle many times and it has the dents to prove it - being lightweight aluminium it will dent with any substantial fall but the contents are safe. The dents I think are almost sentimental to the adventure the bottle has been on.

The other great thing about the bottle is that it takes both cold and hot (although not recommended boiling liquids)in it. When I was in cold conditions I filled it with hot water, put the bottle in a clean sock and used it as a hot water bottle.

I recommend the Sigg bottle for any adventure.

Made for Samsung' SAMGS2CCBL metal look Case - black - Galaxy S2 i9100'
Made for Samsung' SAMGS2CCBL metal look Case - black - Galaxy S2 i9100'

4.0 out of 5 stars Gives a premium feel...that's about all, 1 Aug. 2011
This is a nice case that provides a rubberised feel which makes the phone feel like a more premium product - something which the galaxy s2 most certainly is but lacks the build quality.

The case makes the phone feel nice in the hand and provides basic protection for the back, left and right side of the phone - the top and bottom are exposed. Plus it raises the back slightly around the camera which means that the lens is not touching the surface it is placed on which it a nice touch.

In all, it is a very slim case, so you can still benefit from the slim/ sleek feel of the Galaxy S2 and provide basic protection.

As mentioned in another review...perhaps the phone should have been designed with this more premium feel in the first place!

Led Lenser 8403 P3BM Professional LED Key-Ring Torch (Gift Box) - Black
Led Lenser 8403 P3BM Professional LED Key-Ring Torch (Gift Box) - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Will not find a brighter torch for its size, 1 Aug. 2011
Took this torch with me on a backpacking trip and was amazed at how bright it was. It outshone a lot of other torches that were five times its size.

Compact torch that is very well made.

Waterproof Fold-Drybag 4 Pack - Classic
Waterproof Fold-Drybag 4 Pack - Classic
Offered by Total Access (UK) Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars A must for any backpacker, 1 Aug. 2011
Why these bags are great for any backpacker or traveller:

- Separate out all your clothes equipment into separate waterproof bags
- Even if your backpack it not waterproof, these bags will keep your kit dry
- I had sun lotion and insect repellent in one of my bags which leaked. Being waterproof the damage was localised
- Staying in some pretty basic guest houses where the cleanliness of the beds were questionable, I used one of the bags as a pillow cover. Where no pillow was present I filled the bag with a towel and sweater and used it was a pillow.

The bags have many uses.

Pacsafe WalletSafe 100 Secure Travel Wallet
Pacsafe WalletSafe 100 Secure Travel Wallet

4.0 out of 5 stars Great travel wallet, 1 Aug. 2011
I bought this wallet when I went backpacking and liked the idea of the slash proof chain. Luckly no-one attempted to pickpocket me, but having the chain clipped onto my trouser belt loop prevented me from loosing my wallet on a number of occasions when sitting in taxi's etc when it would otherwise have fallen out. The wallet itself is nice, with two compartments for money and plenty of space for credit cards.

Complaints:
- Would have been nice if the material was water proof or at least splash proof. My money got wet during the monsoon rain.

Logitech MX Revolution Wireless Laser Mouse
Logitech MX Revolution Wireless Laser Mouse

5.0 out of 5 stars Still going after 4 years use, 4 Feb. 2011
I have been using my Logitech MX Revolution for four years now and it really is the best mouse I have ever used. Here the things I like most:

- Ergonomically designed to fit your hand nicely (if you use your mouse with your right hand that is)
- 9 buttons (including side scroll) that are perfectly placed so not to crowd your space.
- The mouse glides perfectly on most surfaces
- Battery indicator that gently illuminates to display remaining battery life
- Great looking docking station as a charger plus great battery life

Best of all I think the software is great and really sets it apart from other computer mice. The software allows you to fully customise the use of the buttons but not only that, you can customise based on the application you are using. For example, the two side buttons could be used as forward and back when surfing the web, but when listening to music could act as a volume toggle...your choice!

Only negative comment would be the price...yes not cheap. But depends on how often you intend to buy a mouse, I intend sticking with this one for some time to come.

SanDisk Cruzer USB 16 GB RB
SanDisk Cruzer USB 16 GB RB

4.0 out of 5 stars Great flash drive...U3 software lets it down, 4 Feb. 2011
This is a nice flash drive with a generous amount of storage for a reasonable price. I have been using mine for about 6 months now and it has been very reliable. It comes with its own software called U3 which offers security features plus the ability to install and run programs direct from the drive, which at first seemed like a good idea. However you can only run U3 programs on it, which...well I have not been able to find. It is a great idea being able to run programs direct from the flash drive but perhaps a little more thought needs to be put into it. This in my opinion is the major let down.

But for an everyday flash drive...great

WD My Book Essential Edition 1.5TB USB 2.0 External Hard Drive
WD My Book Essential Edition 1.5TB USB 2.0 External Hard Drive

4.0 out of 5 stars Great drive however backup software could be better, 31 Dec. 2009
This is the second Western Digital drive I own (the other being a portable drive). I have had it for a few months now and all seems to be working fine. It is a great looking drive that will look good on a desk or bookshelf. I like the indicator lights on the front of the drive that give you an idea of how full the drive is and a great added feature being able to lock the drive. As with all new hard drives, it will automatically boot up with your computer but also has a power button on the back giving you the option to turn off. Being USB2 the transfer speeds are good too.

My only criticism is of the backup software which automatically classifies all your files for you (i.e. Document, pictures, videos etc) and does not let you select the files you wish to backup manually. Slightly annoying given the backup software supplied on my portable drive was very flexible. May not be an issue for others, or if you already own other backup software.

But overall it is a great product, if the backup software had been a bit more flexible it would have got five stars.