Profile for Gary Hilton > Reviews

Content by Gary Hilton

Gary Hilton "ursinebrute" (Lancashire)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Slipstick CB845 Large Castor Cup Gripper, Chocolate
Slipstick CB845 Large Castor Cup Gripper, Chocolate
Offered by Design 61 GmbH

4.0 out of 5 stars Good quality product, 18 Sept. 2014
Do exactly what they say! I recently redecorated my daughters bedroom and put down new laminate flooring. When her new bed arrived on castors, it was like sleeping on a skateboard!! ( absolutely ridiculous in my opinion that modern beds are supplied without brakes or some sort of catch or lock to prevent them from rolling about)
I did try and pop a couple of old jam jars lids under each wheel but then I cam across these. A little pricey at a tenner for 4 however they do a great job and only 4 are required even though her bed has 8 castors.

New 2015 Cuprinol Garden Shades Beach Blue 1L
New 2015 Cuprinol Garden Shades Beach Blue 1L
Offered by Diy-Direct

5.0 out of 5 stars Great coverage with just one coat, 18 Sept. 2014
I recently bought a wooden "cottage arbour" to liven up an empty spot at the bottom of the garden, and rather than just throw some generic "Red Cedar" garden fence creosote on it, I decided to be a bit creative and jazz it up with a variety of funky colours.
This product covers well, dries quickly and should you splash any onto your clothes or surrounding stonework it comes off fairly easily. Only time will tell how it holds up in the great British weather, but I originally envisaged having to give it at least 2 coats and right now I think I will get away with just one coat, with more than enough left over to give it a top up next year if needed.

Cuprinol GSSD1L Garden Shades Summer Damson 1 Litre
Cuprinol GSSD1L Garden Shades Summer Damson 1 Litre

5.0 out of 5 stars Exceptionally good coverage with just one coat, 18 Sept. 2014
I have attached a photo of my rather daring colour scheme to give you an idea of how well it covers with just one coat. The 3 colours you can see are "summer damson", "sweet sundae" and "beach blue".

Tacwise Electric 16G Finish Nail Gun
Tacwise Electric 16G Finish Nail Gun

4.0 out of 5 stars Top Gun!, 17 Sept. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
First impressions upon opening, is that this is a professional and quality bit of kit. From the nicely presented case to the overall build quality of the product, this is a great sturdy nailer for more heavyweight jobs around the home & garden. It feels professional and nice & weighty in the hand, and works reliably.
It seems most things have been thought of here: a decent safety mechanism, an easy loading system and a rubber nose or tip to prevent marking softer wood. The kickback or recoil took me by surprise the first time I used it, so you really need a second hand on it to support it when in use.
The biggest negative for me is the ridiculously short flex! This means that an extension lead is almost always required. Not a big issue at first but when working above a few feet high from any socket you then have the extension plug socket dangling about in the air and causing extra weight - especially if you are using a reel cable! Then you have the whole reel dangling in the air.
Why the manufacturer didn't fit a decent length of flex like on most sanders, jigsaws etc is beyond me and spoils an otherwise very good high quality nailer.
All in all, I am pleased with it's performance but the flex thing is a real disappointment.

Bright Starts Hide and Spin Monkey
Bright Starts Hide and Spin Monkey

5.0 out of 5 stars Tremendously entertaining toy!, 10 Sept. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
First of all let me say how big this toy is. I was expecting something the size of "pop up pirate" but this stands a little under 2 feet tall when fully assembled. Assembly is simple enough with a few screws here & there and 5 balls provided.
The toy itself is sturdy, feels well made with good quality plastics but best of all it seems to be able to withstand rough handling by enthusiastic toddlers!
I like the fact that it can be used by children whilst either sitting or standing, and the sounds & noises are lively and entertaining.
I have no criticisms of this toy, and would whole heartedly recommend it for children in the 1-3 year age bracket.

Oral-B Trizone 2000 Electric Rechargeable Toothbrush Powered by Braun
Oral-B Trizone 2000 Electric Rechargeable Toothbrush Powered by Braun

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic model without the bells & whistles, 4 Sept. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
There are several different models in the Oral B trizone range, and the 2000 model comes in just above the basic entry level 600 model, and offers just 2 features: a Daily clean visible pressure sensor (a red light illuminates near the top if brushing exceeds the recommended pressure to avoid aggressive cleaning) and a Gum care setting.
I find that this is enough, and unless you are a big family with lots of different family members all requiring different brushing needs, then this 2000 model is perfectly acceptable. You may, if you wish, spend extra cash for higher specification models, which add on additional features like tongue cleaning and a wireless smart guide, but I feel these are unnecessary and gimmicky.
Replacement heads may seem expensive, but shopping around reveals many offers and discounts.

Oral-B CrossAction Electric Toothbrush Replacement Heads - 8 Counts
Oral-B CrossAction Electric Toothbrush Replacement Heads - 8 Counts

4.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable and easy to use., 31 Aug. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
There are already several different Oral B toothbrush heads out there; ones with little yellow spokes that provide floss action, another with a little "cup" in the centre for a polishing effect, softer versions for sensitive teeth, and now we have the new "Cross Action" heads for deeper cleaning.
The big selling point here is that the bristles are angled to get between teeth, and truthfully, upon initial use I have to admit that my teeth do feel nice and clean, and the criss cross bristles do appear to make a difference. However the issue I have is that whenever I replace my toothbrush head (usually every 3-4 months) then they always feel a bit cleaner when using a new fresh head after my existing one has got a bit tired, so it is difficult to assess if any cleanliness is a result of these new improved heads or just a nice new head?
Regardless, the heads are comfortable to use and do not aggravate my occasionally sensitive teeth.

Command Decoration Clips for Christmas and Fairy Light - Clear
Command Decoration Clips for Christmas and Fairy Light - Clear

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for fairy lights, 30 Aug. 2014
I bought some of these to hang some fairy lights and they are just the job! Easy to put up, they hold the lights firmly and securely and although I have not had to remove them yet they are so discreet that I may just leave the clips up all year round.

Disney Toy Story Action Armour Buzz Lightyear Deluxe Toy
Disney Toy Story Action Armour Buzz Lightyear Deluxe Toy

4.0 out of 5 stars Quality toy, quality product, 26 Aug. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Upon inspection, initial impressions were good and the overall figure is immediately impressive. Buzz is tall, sturdy & colourful. The three coloured buttons on one side of his chest activate a number of sounds, lights & phrases, and a sliding lever on his back expands his "wings" whilst at the same time illuminates the red beacons on each flight wing. Other than that...well.....that's it really. There aren't many points of articulation, but what movable joints there are appear sound and robust, with good quality plastics used throughout.
There are some minor disappointments; the large single red button on the other side of his chest doesn't appear to actually serve any purpose, neither does his arm laser. Some of the other reviews on here seem to suggest that the figure will increase in value if preserved as a collectable, but to me this is very clearly a toy and not a figurine. If I were 8 years old I am sure I would be delighted with my very own Buzz!

Oral-B TriZone 4000 Electric Rechargeable Toothbrush
Oral-B TriZone 4000 Electric Rechargeable Toothbrush
Offered by OEGE-ENERGY

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent brush, 25 Aug. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
There are several different models in the Oral B trizone range, and the 4000 model comes in roughly half way through the range, offering 4 main features: a Daily clean visible pressure sensor (a red light illuminates near the top if brushing exceeds the recommended pressure to avoid aggressive cleaning) with Gum care settings, Whitening mode (to polish the teeth) & Sensitivity settings. ( which basically operates the brush at a loser speed)
I find that with a family of 4 all using it twice a day then it needs to be kept constantly charged, but there is a little to fault here.
I feel the 4000 model is probably the best you need to get, with the 5000, 6000 & 6500 models adding wireless smart mode, Deep Clean and a Tongue Cleaner respectively, but realistically I feel the 4000 has all the features you need.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20