Profile for B-Steve > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Chasseur Cast Iron Crepe Pan Set, Matt Black, 30 cm
Chasseur Cast Iron Crepe Pan Set, Matt Black, 30 cm
Offered by Heritage Home and Garden

2.0 out of 5 stars Food sticks to this like crazy. The surface is somewhat uneven too (minor ..., 30 April 2017
Food sticks to this like crazy. The surface is somewhat uneven too (minor pitting) which exacerbates the issue. Don't know if mine is an anomaly but it's quite bad.

Manfrotto PIXI Mini Tripod - Black
Manfrotto PIXI Mini Tripod - Black

3.0 out of 5 stars Mostly well built, but not entirely, 8 Mar. 2016
As others have said, this is mostly a well made tabletop tripod. The ball head is easy to operate and surprisingly secure - it holds my CSC camera with a zoom lens no trouble at all and I suspect it would fare just fine with a DLSR and a modest lens.

What lets this product down is that the rubber feet, which are crucial to the stability of this product on table tops and other surfaces, are very poorly glued in place. Despite being careful with my stuff almost to the point of OCD, within a few months, I have lost two of them and it doesn't seem to be possible to get spares.

Manfrotto customer service is beyond useless - I guess they feel that it's just not worth replying to people over a cheap product like this, which is something I hope to remember when I come to replace my very expensive carbon tripod at some point in the future.

GU10 6 W LED bulb with 50 W Brightness, Pack of 4, Warm White
GU10 6 W LED bulb with 50 W Brightness, Pack of 4, Warm White

2.0 out of 5 stars Nice light, consistently short life, 7 Nov. 2015
As others have commented, these bulbs are great in that they're exactly the same size as standard halogens, a bit brighter and with a very nice light temperature - not blue like some I've tried.

The only problem with these bulbs, ironically supplied by "The Long Life Bulb Company", is that they don't last very long at all. I'm on my second pack and I'd guess the average life has been 3-4 months, admittedly with pretty heavy use.

I haven't done the maths, but if you weigh up the higher price vs halogens, the lifespan and the energy savings, I don't think these are an economical option.

Arthur Price Kitchen 50-Piece Mango Box Set
Arthur Price Kitchen 50-Piece Mango Box Set

2.0 out of 5 stars Form over function, 29 Mar. 2015
These look nice on the box, but the design is poorly executed. Insufficient weight has been added to the handles meaning that the knives won't reliably stand up. The place settings look nice until people sit down and all the knives start falling over. In the end, this set is just clumsy and inelegant in practice - a great shame.

Pest-Stop Electronic Rat Killer
Pest-Stop Electronic Rat Killer

1.0 out of 5 stars Rats seem to avoid it..., 17 Mar. 2015
I wish I had read the reviews on here more carefully before buying this. It seems like it works on mice but as with many other reviews, I have had no luck killing the rats in my loft despite placing it in a clear 'rat run' in my blown fibre loft insulation. I baited it with peanut butter and placed a few bits around the entrance to try to entice them. The titbits were all eaten but the rat has clearly not been inside the trap. I wonder whether it gives off some kind of electric hum which puts them off? Anyway, for me this was a complete waste of money.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 20, 2015 7:40 AM BST

Theseus Match Spare Catapult Elastic Set Light - TMSE1
Theseus Match Spare Catapult Elastic Set Light - TMSE1

1.0 out of 5 stars Oh dear, miniature sized!, 19 July 2013
I was looking to replace the elastic on my general purpose fishing catapult, which has a 3-inch pouch and 5mm elastic - as far as I know, it's a pretty standard catapult.

When this arrived, I had to laugh - it seems so tiny and far from what I expected. It has a 1.5-inch pouch, good for a few maggots I suppose, and 3mm elastic.

To be fair, maybe it's okay for match fishing with maggot or caster, but not for much else IMO.

Mitchell Premium Runner V2 50 FR Reel
Mitchell Premium Runner V2 50 FR Reel

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 31 Jan. 2013
Great product at a very reasonable price - what more could you want? Seems very comparable to my more expensive Okuma Longbow.

No Title Available

2.0 out of 5 stars Very tight fit, 31 Jan. 2013
It works as a charging cable, which is all I wanted, but it's a *really* tight fit in the phone and I worry that it's not doing my phone any good. On close inspection, the connector is clearly not the same as Apple's and isn't manufactured to the same precision. You get what you pay for I suppose. Not sure if I'll keep using this or not....

Mediflow Waterbase Fibrefill Pillow, Regular Size
Mediflow Waterbase Fibrefill Pillow, Regular Size

2.0 out of 5 stars Expensive mistake, 17 Nov. 2012
Like many of the other reviewers, I have tried a lot of different pillows, some even more expensive than this one. At first it was good; as a 6-foot side sleeper I found that I had to put a lot of water in it to get the height I needed and this made it very heavy, but that didn't seem to be a problem.

Over a period of a few months, the padding in the pillow became compressed and a little mis-shapen, making the pillow too slim for me again, so my neckache and headaches came back.

At this point I tried putting the pillow on top of a feather pillow to raise the height, but it didn't really work. The sheer weight of the water and the way it moves around means that on a soft base it becomes quite unstable and unsupportive.

I've now given up on the pillow less than 6 months after buying it.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 30, 2012 1:33 PM GMT

Case-Mate Barely There Rubber Case for iPhone 4/4S - Black
Case-Mate Barely There Rubber Case for iPhone 4/4S - Black
Offered by MarkdownElectricals

3.0 out of 5 stars Good case, awful screen protector, 18 Dec. 2010
The case itself is well made and discrete. It's made of quite hard plastic, so it remains to be seen how much impact protection it will offer though - it's hard to imagine it will offer much.

My real bugbear with this product is that the screen protector, which let's face it is an important element of the product, is absolutely awful. I've fitted a few of these types of things and although they can be tricky, I usually manage to get a good outcome in the end. Applying it very carefully to a new phone I just couldn't get rid of the bubbles, nor could I stop it from lifting around the cutouts and at the edges, completely ruining the look of my cool new iPhone.

I rate the case 4 stars and the screen protector 0 stars.

Page: 1 | 2