Profile for Fletch > Reviews

Content by Fletch

Fletch

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
ARCTIC Breeze Red - USB Desktop Fan with Flexible Neck and Adjustable Fan Speed - 800 - 1800 RPM

1.0 out of 5 stars Broken, 10 May 2016
I have hardly used this but the metal stand screw into the plastic base has come loose and won't screw back in. The base plate is fixed so it's not possible to try to clamp it back in. Cheap rubbish - avoid.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 27, 2016 8:32 AM BST

Galaxy S7 Screen Protector - Invisible Defender [3 Front+1 Back/MAX HD CLARITY] Lifetime Warranty Perfect Touch Precision Film for Samsung Galaxy S7 2016

1.0 out of 5 stars Too small - doesn't cover the S7 screen, 10 Mar. 2016
I bought these for the Galaxy S7 and they are not cheap but a total waste of money. They only cover about three quarters of the screen, leaving a wide strip down either side which looks awful and ruins the appearance of the phone. I also had problems on first application, got a dust speck underneath and then couldn't remove the cover without damaging it, rendering it even more useless. I would recommend these are avoided.

Anker 6ft / 1.8m Nylon Braided Tangle-Free Micro USB Cable with Gold-Plated Connectors for Android, Samsung, HTC, Nokia, Sony and More
Offered by AnkerDirect

4.0 out of 5 stars Original cable faulty but received replacement, 23 Feb. 2016
I bought this as a spare cable and it feels robust and well made but I have a couple of issues. Firstly, I find it falls out of my phone very easily if I'm holding it whilst plugged in but more importantly I get a slow charge warning on my phone when using it and it takes a long time to charge compared to the phone manufacturer's charging cable.

Update: I have now received a replacement cable from Anker which is working very well and without any of the problems with the first cable above so it appears that I had a faulty cable. Excellent customer service.

Lego Star Wars - The Complete Saga (Nintendo Wii)
Lego Star Wars - The Complete Saga (Nintendo Wii)
Offered by IDSS

1.0 out of 5 stars Dreadful gameplay, 19 Sept. 2015
This is awful. Game play is shocking so incredibly frustrating to play and instructions are poor. I seem to get stuck on the first part of Episode 1 in Negotiations where it says press z to activate the droids, press z by a droid but nothing happens so basically can't play 99% of the game. Just not very well thought out. Hugely disappointing.

TVPlayer
TVPlayer

1.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't work, 15 Sept. 2015
This review is from: TVPlayer (App)
This is dreadful on my Fire TV stick, app starts to open up and then immediately shuts down. Doesn't matter how much I try or if I shut down the stick and turn on again, just cannot get it to work at all.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 20, 2015 3:15 PM BST

Bodum Vacuum Travel Mug, 0.35 L - Small
Bodum Vacuum Travel Mug, 0.35 L - Small

1.0 out of 5 stars Leaks, 26 July 2015
This feels very solid and well made and feels nice to hold with the rubber grip. Also has a useful rubber base which means it doesn't feel like it will fall over, even on the train. The main problem is that it is not water tight so doesn't do the main job it's made for. It doesn't matter how I try to close the screw lid, with the drink flap up or down and no matter how tightly it is closed, it still leaks.

Update Oct 2015: downgraded to 1 star, the rubber grip has started to come lose and the lid now just falls off and won't tighten at all. Apparently unable to return after 4 months and now only good for the bin.

Spotify Music - for Fire TV
Spotify Music - for Fire TV

2.0 out of 5 stars Works sometimes, 28 Jun. 2015
This review is from: Spotify Music - for Fire TV (App)
This has generally worked very well but recently it is a complete lottery as to whether my Fire TV will be shown as available to Connect from any connected device. Sometimes it works, sometimes is doesn't. There doesn't seem to be any reason as both devices (Fire TV and the other device e.g. phone) are connected to the same wifi and both fully working apart from Spotify Connect. Very frustrating.

Fire TV Stick
Fire TV Stick

1.0 out of 5 stars Set-up troubles and keeps freezing, 20 April 2015
This review is from: Fire TV Stick (Electronics)
Had real difficulties setting this up. It wouldn't accept my account details to register despite double and triple checking so I started the set-up process again including reconnecting to my wifi network which it then wouldn't do. Eventually I managed to get it to reconnect and went through again to the registration page and this time it accepted my details. It does appear to be very slow and buggy which is very different to the experience I had with the Fire TV box which was seamless. This is much cheaper though so maybe to be expected.

Update: having real problems with this, stream keeps locking up with the screen freezing whilst I have no problem streaming on other devices at the same time. Does appear to be software issues but basically useless until it's fixed.

Into the Underworld
Into the Underworld
by Gillian Clements

1.0 out of 5 stars Concept doesn't work, 11 April 2015
This review is from: Into the Underworld (Hardcover)
This is awful. My 3 yo son got it and you're supposed to go on an adventure following tunnels and mazes underground but none of the tunnels link so it doesn't really work. Not very well thought through.

Maxi-Cosi Rodi XP Group 2/3 Children's Car Seat,Black(Phantom)
Maxi-Cosi Rodi XP Group 2/3 Children's Car Seat,Black(Phantom)
Offered by das-babyland

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good but fiddly buckling up, 16 Mar. 2015
This seat is very solidly built and feels safe and sturdy. My child feels comfortable in it and has good visibility but equally the wings provide good head support. The main reason for not giving 5 stars is that I find it very difficult to clip the seat belt in. We have three car seats so space is tight but there is room in our Volkswagen Touran. However, this seat has a bit of a lip on the lower side which the belt buckle seems to get stuck underneath and I find it very difficult to flick the buckle out and clip the belt in one handed. This probably not an issue if you don't have 3 car seats next to each other but we do have an older (discontinued) Britax seat for my eldest child which is very similar in design but doesn't have this issue.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4