Profile for Laura > Reviews

Content by Laura

Laura "Victim of Bookophobia" (UK)

The Key (Guardians of Time Trilogy: Book 3)
The Key (Guardians of Time Trilogy: Book 3)

5.0 out of 5 stars The final book - breathtaking, 25 Nov. 2006
I adored this book, I just finished it today and read all morning, nothing could distract me. It kept me gripped all the way through and the darkness and compelling action scenes could be read over and over.

The Dark (Guardians of Time Trilogy)
The Dark (Guardians of Time Trilogy)

5.0 out of 5 stars Another Curley masterpiece, 25 Nov. 2006
Fantastic, the characters are put into your mind brilliantly, and every book comes from two different people's points of view. It is so unique, I have never read anything like it but could read the trilogy again anytime. It took me 3 days to read the trilogy, which speaks for itself.

The Named (Guardians of Time Trilogy)
The Named (Guardians of Time Trilogy)

4.0 out of 5 stars Complicated but fantastic, 19 Nov. 2006
This is a brilliant book, and although it is in the present tense and the plot is confusing, it keeps you going all the way. People who believe the plot is too hard to follow obviously don't appreciate the style of writing.

I highly reccomend this book, I read it in under 24 hours. Marianne Curley is a very talented and modern author, this is a book for all ages.

Noughts & Crosses: Book 1 (Noughts And Crosses)
Noughts & Crosses: Book 1 (Noughts And Crosses)
by Malorie Blackman

5.0 out of 5 stars Hard storyline, worth reading, 19 Nov. 2006
This book is absolutely amazing, not wanting to sound cliche but I really coudln't put it down. It reverses today's society, and is incredibly thought provoking.

Although it can be depressing, it is in a gripping way as you get so attatched to the characters, especially as the story is told from many different points of view.

If you can follow a complicated plot then it is most definitely worth reading, I reccomend it to anyone aged 13+ who has an interest in unique books.

Wendy
Wendy
by Karen Wallace

2.0 out of 5 stars What a disappointment, 19 Nov. 2006
This review is from: Wendy (Paperback)
I bought this book expecting it to be based slightly on Peter Pan, but it was a completely different story altogether. It was incredibly boring, so much so that I couldn't finish it. I would not reccomend this book, there is no storyline and nothing to keep you reading.