Profile for Spider Monkey > Reviews

David Beckham, Homme, Eau de Toilette for Him, 50 ml
Offered by MYLITTLEBIGSTORE

4.0 out of 5 stars David Beckham Eau de Toilette., 18 Oct. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This Beckham Eau de Toilette spray is a nice accompaniment to the deodorant spray and shower gel I already use. You get a fresh, woody scent that is definitely masculine, but not overpowering. It doesn't last as long as some higher quality after-shaves I own, but for an everyday scent it is fine.

Science in Sport Orange Immune Sports Supplement - Pack of 20
Science in Sport Orange Immune Sports Supplement - Pack of 20

4.0 out of 5 stars SIS Orange Vitamin Supplement., 18 Oct. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This Vitamin supplement seems pretty good so far, although (like with most vitamins) it is hard to say whether it is having an effect. You get an effervescent tablet that dissolves quickly and it has a tasty orange flavour. You need to take this with 500ml of water which can be a bit much if you're taking this after a workout, when you may also be taking a protein shake. This claims to replace Iron, sodium and replenish Vitamin C after a hard workout which could be beneficial if you are a regular gym goer. This is a decent Vitamin supplement, although I think the regular price may be a little high when you compare this to competitors like Berocca etc.

Buster Dog Maze Mini Bowl, Small, Black
Buster Dog Maze Mini Bowl, Small, Black

4.0 out of 5 stars Buster Dog Maze Bowl., 13 Oct. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This Buster dog maze bowl is a fun addition to canine feeding times and has the added benefit of slowing your dog down to prevent the effects of bloat. It has open ends and maze-like whirls that you fill with food and then your dog can work it out with it’s tongue and prolong feeding time and provide some enrichment. I have used other anti-gulp bowls in the past and this one works reasonably well, although the open ends are not that great when food drops out. Overall this is a fun feeding bowl and the dog seems to like it, although I’m sure it’d eat food just as well out of an old boot given half the chance!

Elemental Herbology Bio-Cellular Matrix Facial Serum 30 ml
Elemental Herbology Bio-Cellular Matrix Facial Serum 30 ml

4.0 out of 5 stars Elemental Herbology., 13 Oct. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This Herbology facial serum is a nice treatment for mornings and evenings. It goes on smoothly and absorbs well, the fragrance is not too strong and it compliments my existing moisturiser. I’m unsure if it has reduced my facial lines just yet as I have only been using it for a short time, but it is a pleasant part of my skin regime and I will update here if I see any noticeable effects.

Silentnight Egyptian Cotton Fitted Sheet - Double, White
Silentnight Egyptian Cotton Fitted Sheet - Double, White
Offered by Branded_Bedding

4.0 out of 5 stars Cotten fitted sheet., 5 Oct. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The first thing you notice about this Silentnight Egyptian cotton bed sheet is how it feel smooth and luxurious straight out of the bag. With it’s 180 thread count it was always going to feel good, but my partner and I were surprised just how good. We had a good nights sleep on this and it felt cool and comfortable. I don’t know if it was just this sheet or if we have a slightly smaller than normal double mattress (although we‘ve not experienced this before), but this was a little baggy in the corners, and this is taking into account this is a fitted sheet with elasticated corners. But this is only a minor niggle and doesn’t detract from the overall quality. Well worth a look.

Joseph Joseph BarWise One-Pull Waiter's Friend - Blue
Joseph Joseph BarWise One-Pull Waiter's Friend - Blue

4.0 out of 5 stars Joseph Joseph bottle opener., 30 Sept. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This Joseph Joseph bottle opener is a really nice bit of kit. In a lightweight, sweeping ergonomic handle you get a anti-stick corkscrew, a foil remover and a bottle opener with a magnetic tab to hold the lid of beer bottles you may open. The handle feels very nice in your hand and it looks very attractive (as far as a piece of kitchenware can). I used to be a waiter many years ago and we were only allowed to use this style of bottle opener, rather than the type with two handles either side. There is a knack to using these, but once you get it you realise that these are much more professional and superior. You could buy a cheaper version of this style of bottle opener, but this one has a lot more class, feels very well made and does the job admirably. I am a fan of Joseph Joseph and this bottle opener is a prime example of why, it takes a simple piece of kitchenware we all know very well, but adds a touch of design that makes it more desirable and attractive in use. Well worth considering.

Feel free to check out my blog which can be found on my profile page.

Joseph Joseph Wash and Drain Plus Washing Up Bowl with Dish Drainer - Dark Grey/Grey

4.0 out of 5 stars Joseph Joseph Wash and Drain bowl., 29 Sept. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This Joseph Joseph Bowl and draining rack are an attractive and well made set for your kitchen sink. The bowl is made of a thick, durable plastic and has a small plug in the bottom that you can use to sieve out the water as it drains (this can also be removed completely to clean food out if it gets caught underneath). The rack has enough space for cups and plates and has a protective coating so no plates will get scratched. The handles make this easy to lift in and out of a sink when it is full of water and make it easy to transport in general. The rack fits inside the bowl perfectly which makes this easy to store. This would be perfect for camping trips and taking away on holiday and makes for an attractive piece of kitchenware when back at home. Joseph Joseph have a reputation for making high quality kitchenware and this is no exception.

BULK POWDERS ELEVATE, Pre Workout Supplement, Summer Berry - 540g
BULK POWDERS ELEVATE, Pre Workout Supplement, Summer Berry - 540g

4.0 out of 5 stars Bulk Powders Elevate., 28 Sept. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I normally go to the gym 4 days a week and get there very early (getting up around 4 to get to the gym around 5) and some days it can be a real struggle to push as hard as I know I should. That is where a pre-workout powder can be of use. In one scoop you get a decent blend of light stimulants and vitamins to help you give that extra push. The caffeine will give that rush we all know from a decent cup of coffee and the Beta Alanine gives that tingle so you know the pre-workout has kicked in and is working. The other ingredients help with things like muscle pump so the muscles feel more inflated and saturated as you workout.

This comes in a zip seal pouch and has a small plastic scoop inside. The description on the Amazon page isn’t fully correct and the correct nutritional info is different to what is advertised here. For example one scoop gives 14g of protein.

This company prides itself on giving full details of ingredients and in what amounts they are blended so you can fully monitor what you are ingesting with each shake. Some other competitors are not as open. This blends very well and tastes OK, although I find the smell when dry a little overwhelming and once you get the powder on your hands it is very difficult to wash the smell off.

Overall this provides the pre-workout boost you may need on those more fatigued days and helps you give it more when you need to. It is best to not take this all the time and to cycle off of it when you are on your normal rest week (about every 8-10 weeks). Also, if you stop feeling the benefits as you get used to the caffeine, then I suggest you cycle off of it for a while instead of doubling up on a scoop as it can get you too jacked up. I think you’d have problems if you took this later in the evening and it may affect sleep patterns, but if you work out early in the morning then this may just do the trick.

adidas Yoga Mat, Black - 4 mm
adidas Yoga Mat, Black - 4 mm

4.0 out of 5 stars Adidas Yoga Mat, 28 Sept. 2016
This review is from: adidas Yoga Mat (Sports)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This Adidas Yoga mat is pretty much as you’d expect from such a reputable sports brand. This is about 4mm thick and is thick enough to provide some cushioning when doing Yoga and other exercises (I use it for calisthenics on a hard wood floor), but not so thick that it is difficult to store when it is rolled up. The rubberised coating has a slight ‘sticky’ feel to it so you don’t slip around when it is placed on a smooth surface. It is a decent length when fully unrolled and makes for a good quality yoga mat for classes or for when at home.

Royal Marines Fitness Manual: Physical Training Manual (Haynes Manual) New Ed
Royal Marines Fitness Manual: Physical Training Manual (Haynes Manual) New Ed
by Sean Lerwill

5.0 out of 5 stars Royal Marines Fitness Manual., 27 Sept. 2016
I have MANY books about fitness and weight training and I can honestly say this is the best one I have bought and is the closest in philosophy for what I am trying to achieve.

In the typical Haynes manual style this book offers up lots of information with many photos to demonstrate the points being made and the exercises. This has a brief introduction to Royal Marine history before exploring the facets of physical fitness, psychology, Royal Marine ethos, human physiology, diet/nutrition, before moving on to the exercises themselves.

The exercises, as would be expected from a Royal Marine fitness regime, are based heavily around calisthenics and running, with some weighted exercises suggested to build strength in parts that calisthenics may not reach as well. This is exactly what I was after as I find my joints ache if I do just weights for too long, but my progression is slower if I do just bodyweight exercises, so this is the perfect mix. I also wanted to add in some endurance cardiovascular work into my training and this book helped me towards this goal.

Personally I am trying to develop a good all round level of fitness, being able to run for a decent amount of time or distance, be able to do pull-ups and other bodyweight exercises and build strength that I can use in everyday life and for specific sports as required. This is the closest to achieving that goal in one book that I have found.

I have read specific strength training books, bodybuilding books, purely bodyweight training books and books on running races and they have all lead me to refine my goals and what I am trying to achieve. Maybe I had to go through all of those books first and experiment in the gym, but this is where it was all leading to and is the closest match for all round fitness and strength that I have found.

The writing is clear and easy to follow and the aforementioned photos make it an attractive read. This would be great for those wishing to develop fitness before joining the forces, but also for civilians such as myself who wish to test themselves and get a decent all round level of fitness. My only criticism, and it is a VERY small one, is that the training program itself is not the clearest to follow for beginners who may need specific guidance. For example, it does not say exactly what to do each week (like other books might) and I found it easier to read this book, get an idea of what he is trying to share and build my program around this. Luckily I have some experience with training and with a bit of thought you can work a program out, but a beginner may get a little lost. It is important to remember that being able to think and adapt your program is part of how to think like a Royal Marine. My advice is to take it slow, experiment with what works for you and try to follow this as best possible.

Still, this is HIGHLY recommended and well worth a look.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20