Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Learn more Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now Shop now
Profile for Miss Hannah > Reviews

Content by Miss Hannah

Miss Hannah (London, England)

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Season it yourself for best results, 11 July 2014
Sick of poor quality Teflon pans and increasingly aware of the health risks, I decided to invest in a Victor skillet and already love it after just one use. I headed everyone's advice and seasoned it myself, despite the label saying you don't need to. I filled it with a thin layer of vegetable oil and put in a pre-heated 180ºC oven for an hour or so. I thought it might need another go, but I tentatively tried an omelette the next morning and it was absolutely perfect! Highly recommended.

The Lost Heart Of Asia
The Lost Heart Of Asia
by Colin Thubron

3.0 out of 5 stars Very dense and pretentios at times, 31 Jan. 2007
This review is from: The Lost Heart Of Asia (Paperback)
There's no denying that Thubron is a wonderful writer; his language and the sense of place he creates is amazing - but i have to admit that i found this very hard work to get through. I found myself so busy trying to get through the depth of his language, that i couldn't follow what he was actually telling me; and had to re-read parts at least twice.

I'm sure it wasn't intentional, but he comes across a little pretentious in his story telling. I really wanted to enjoy this book, but afraid I was forced to give up - which i hardly ever do.