Profile for Mr. T. M. Hussey > Reviews

Content by Mr. T. M. Hussey

Mr. T. M. Hussey

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Orzly® - 2.5D Pro-Fit Tempered Glass Screen Protector for Oneplus 3 / Oneplus THREE (2016 Model / Dual SIM Version) - Full Cover Screen Guard

1.0 out of 5 stars Buy if you are willing to pay repairs to your phone., 16 Sept. 2016
Appears to have actually broken my phone when I dropped it. No happy at all. Phone dropped less than 2ft probably less than 1 I am so disgusted cannot event comprehend how much this is about to cost me. Phone was 1 day old and it slid off the chair. Partly my fault however, this is suppose to protect not break it.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 18, 2016 9:56 PM BST

Samsung MZHPV128HDGM-00000 SM951 128 GB Internal
Samsung MZHPV128HDGM-00000 SM951 128 GB Internal

3.0 out of 5 stars It is good! it is just not as good as I expected, 26 Feb. 2016
It isn't bad, not at all. I have just noticed it really lacks and sometimes even, seems to just, "lag out" the response time goes up to over 60 seconds and then the system hangs for around a minute and everything stops responding.
Does that mean that the amazing 1600+ read rate and the incredible 580+ write rate are the only thing going for this SSD? well, yes kind of. I am regretting using this drive as my OS drive. Even my cheap Sandisk SSD has a better over all random read rate.
Now, this drive has been ideal when it comes to gaming that requires fast loading times. Only really with bigger games like the Witcher 3 though.
This is the first Samsung SSD I have owned and I am using the ASROCK mini-itx X99 motherboard, with the 5820k and the Zotac ACE 780ti with 32GB of DDR4 2800 Corsair Dominator Platinum. When comparing this SSD to the OS performance I have received on previous systems. I can't help but say I am disappointing with this SSD.
But I cannot complain about the price that I purchased it for so I can't say much against it.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 1, 2016 10:10 AM BST

Fractal Design Define R4 PC Case - White
Fractal Design Define R4 PC Case - White

3.0 out of 5 stars It just feels cheap..., 18 Feb. 2015
Now I bought this for a computer build I have done for my friend I would like to share what I think about the case itself.
Pros:
it looks good. (Sometimes this is all that matters to people so I would like to point this out as a feature)
The front panel hides what some people might think is ugly. (optical drives and such likes)
it's near silent operation, when the fans aren't needed.
Cons:
This case felt a little cheap (for its price), like those ones you get off eBay for 10 pounds and they wobble and the materials it is made out of actually feel cheap.
In the general sense it's not a bad case it's, heavy the gloss finish is quite nice, but it seemed to lack quality in some very important areas. The fans provided are not as silent as you might think especially when needed, and I used a fan controller so I could test this directly and when going above 50% (forgotten rpm) the noise for silent case was quite horrendous (might be exaggerating a bit but it was pretty bad).
Soundproofing itself seems to good job although makes the I7 4790K inside the case get a bit toasty as the outer fans are incapable of getting a decent airflow inside the case.
The I/O on the front top of the case came with both the audio ports non-functional, I don't know if this is a continuous feature with these cases but for what he paid for this case I'm quite astounded. (Note he did not want to send it back) about two months in two of the USB ports on the front failed as well this makes me think that either this cases I/O is damaged or in fact just as low quality as the front of the case.
Now we all know plastic what feels like and what it looks like, and this case is no exception when you have the treat (sounding nerdy) of touching a high quality cases plastic or component then you will know it feels as if it could withstand quite a lot, of well anything. The issue at hand is more directed at how flimsy and cheap? This plastic feels, now this probably doesn't matter to most but as I like things I pay for to have at least some standards this is one of the key things I did not like about this case while building his computer.

Thanks for your time if you read it and disagree on some of the points and I'll be more than happy to talk to you about them.

AKORD HDMI Mini to HDMI Male 1.8m Cable - Black
AKORD HDMI Mini to HDMI Male 1.8m Cable - Black
Offered by Newin Home

5.0 out of 5 stars Very please high quality and sturdy product, 18 Feb. 2015
A sturdy cable that does the job just fine.
If you are looking at buying this cable for a tablet or portable device then this is great! fast postage to!
I am running this on my Voyo Winpad A1 Mini with out fault which is surprising considering how cheap this cable is, audio works as well as resolutions up to 1080p.

ASUS AMD AM3+ 990FX CROSSHAIR V FORMULA 4*DDR3 6*USB3.0 12*USB2.0 GBE LAN ATX MOTHERBOARD

2.0 out of 5 stars Was fantastic! then it exploded!, 7 April 2014
Well this is the second board (orignal Asrock killer 990fx) for my new build and I have no real problems compared to the Asrock board. This one has a Nice fan controlling software the old board lacked entirely or did it just not work..
Despite its age it is still a Monster compared to the Asrock board that is only a few months old compared to this one.
Over all its nice to game with, its got a lot of nice features like the power saving that still keeps performance and the custom Bios picture, I'm a real sucker for extras but that Bios picture one is really quite a fantastic idea just to make the board that much more customizable.
The Bios is okay but it keeps asking me if i want to keep last values which could get annoying if i ever decide to overclock.
So far a very stable and Highly preforming motherboard Asus have got themselves a new customer!

(UPDATE)

About a month after owning the board the processor exploded and the board would not start even with a new processor inside it I am use it is a good board but I don't know what to say about it failing in a month.

The Hillman Group 35049 Flat Head Phillips Wood Screw, 6 x 1 1/2-Inch, 100-Pack
The Hillman Group 35049 Flat Head Phillips Wood Screw, 6 x 1 1/2-Inch, 100-Pack
Offered by PCArena

5.0 out of 5 stars Its good thermal paste and cleaner, 16 Mar. 2014
To be perfectly honest I don't know what else to say other than it is a really good and worth the money kit! really helped me out.

Spice and Wolf, Vol. 8 (manga) (Spice & Wolf (Novel))
Spice and Wolf, Vol. 8 (manga) (Spice & Wolf (Novel))
by Isuna Hasekura

5.0 out of 5 stars And the Great story continues!, 16 July 2013
I got this 4 days before release date, I am happy about that because I have been waiting for a couple of months.
This is a great continuation of the Spice and Wolf series the story has got a couple of twists that just make it that much more Brilliant.
It seems to be about to finally pass the season 2 of spice and wolfs Anime series so I'm going to be waiting to see what happens next!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 21, 2013 3:44 PM BST

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars Won't work for anything, 8 July 2013
DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY IT MAY BE CHEAP AND MAY WORK ON THE RASPBERRY PI! BUT IT WON'T WORK IF IT COME TO YOU BROKEN!

3m USB 2.0 A to B Cable ~ Premium Quality ~ High Speed ~ 480Mbps ~ For Epson, HP, Canon, Lexmark & Oki USB Printers
Offered by ENTITY-Trade Park

5.0 out of 5 stars Good for my portable hard drive :D, 6 April 2013
I cant describe my pleasure on receiving this cable cheap and works brilliantly very high transfer rate and its black not the rubbish white color on the picture so it looks good it works very well and its cheap what more can i ask for!

CiT 3.5 inch USB 2.0 SATA and IDE HDD Enclosure
CiT 3.5 inch USB 2.0 SATA and IDE HDD Enclosure

5.0 out of 5 stars Very nice service and the product is to, 26 Feb. 2013
A good kit that you put your hard drive into my 640 GB hdd works like a charm took about 4-7 mins to set up and then plug and play! very happy with this product

Page: 1 | 2 | 3