Profile for Neil E > Reviews

Hire Tough, Manage Easy: How to Find & Hire the Best Hourly Employees
Hire Tough, Manage Easy: How to Find & Hire the Best Hourly Employees
by Mel Kleiman

5.0 out of 5 stars Best book I bought in 2016 - easily, 5 Mar. 2017
Mel's book is full of practical and valuable ideas that would take a lifetime to learn. I highly recommend this to anyone recruiting hourly paid workers anywhere in the world. In fact, it should be on your desk or in your bag at all times! I thoroughly recommend it.

The Skinny French Kitchen
The Skinny French Kitchen
by Harry Eastwood

5.0 out of 5 stars In a sea of cook books, this stands out!, 3 April 2011
I must confess to being a serial cook book buyer, with maybe 30 in regular use, but The Skinny French Kitchen is now firmly my #1! While I am writing this the smell of tarragon, lemongrass and chanterelles mushrooms from her 'Best Roast Chicken Ever' recipe on page 202 is filling the kitchen. What Harry has done here - take a complex and often daunting cuisine and make it accessible, fun AND slimming - is brilliant. She has clearly spent many hours painstakingly testing and refining each recipe but writes in an engaging, chatty way that communicates her love of the subject. I can't believe someone hasn't tackled French cooking in this way before. Well done Harry, I am 5 recipes in and all have been family favourites! I thoroughly recommend it!