Profile for Liz L > Reviews

Content by Liz L

Liz L (Dumfries & Galloway UK)

Plantar Fasciitis Socks - BeVisible Sports Compression Foot Sleeve for Arch, Ankle & Foot Support, Boosts Circulation, Helps Reduce Swelling, Foot & Heel Pain, Aids Faster Recovery, Ideal For All Sports & Everyday Use - 1 Pair (Black, Small/Medium)
Offered by Digital Focus UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product, 5 Jun. 2016
These socks work for me and I had immediate comfort as soon as I started wearing them. I was impressed by how quickly BeVisible Sports fulfilled my order as well as following it up with additional information and advice on dealing with heel pain. I will definitely order more in future and wouldn't hesitate to recommend these foot compression sleeves to others. Having said that I appreciate that we are all different and what works for me might not for someone else. But I hope they do!

The Severed Breast
The Severed Breast
by Stafford Betty

5.0 out of 5 stars Fascinating and enlightening, 31 Mar. 2016
This review is from: The Severed Breast (Paperback)
According to tradition the Apostle Thomas travelled outside the Roman Empire to Tamilakam (modern day Kerala in India) around AD52 and founded what are known today as the St Thomas Christians. Also, according to tradition he was martyred at Mylapore in 72.
Stafford Betty has written a highly evocative story which reads like an historical account. It is so convincing; minutely detailed with a powerful narrative and vividly portrayed characters. Throughout there is a strong sense of humanity and spirituality.
I found the book compelling and the story moves at a pace. However, for me one of the book's high points is the chapter entitled The Debate. This is where the holy men of Buddhism, Jainism, Shaivism and Christianity (represented by Thomas) are brought to the royal court to discuss and draw out the various principles and conflicts of their respective religions. It was, in fact, a chapter that I returned to re-read when I reached the end of the book.
There is plenty of food for thought in this book; it has left me with much to ponder and consider. I know I shall return to this book again. Through his considerable research Stafford Betty has produced a fascinating and enlightening read.

Apple MacBook Pro 15-inch Laptop (Intel Core i7 2.66GHz, 4 GB RAM, 500 GB HDD, NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M with 512 MB, Intel HD Graphics, OS) - SIlver - 2010 - MC373B/A - UK Keyboard

5.0 out of 5 stars Extremely pleased, 15 Feb. 2016
I am so pleased!
Initially I debated with myself the pros and cons of buying a pre-owned computer, but am so glad that I bought this one. It was such a good price, great value, and is proving to be an excellent machine. Thank you Applecore. I'm most impressed.

Copper Magnetic Bangle Bracelet (Classic Matt D XL) - 6 High Strength Magnets - With 2 Size Options Standard and XL, - Size Option 2 = XL, fits wrists over 7 3/4 in.
Offered by North South Magnetics

5.0 out of 5 stars a good product, 1 Dec. 2013
I was once sceptical about the effectiveness of copper bracelets but found that they really do work for me and significantly reduce arthritic pain. I particularly like this bangle - it's slim and plain and the rounded edges make it comfortable to wear. I also like the matt finish. The firm were very prompt dealing with the order and I've since ordered more items for family and friends.

The Last Mughal: The Fall of a Dynasty, Delhi, 1857
The Last Mughal: The Fall of a Dynasty, Delhi, 1857
by William Dalrymple

5.0 out of 5 stars The Last Mughal by William Dalrymple, 12 Nov. 2006
This is an astounding read; William Dalrymple at his finest and strongest. Drawing upon a wealth of previously unpublished material from the Indian National Archive, Dalrymple presents the Indian Mutiny of 1857, the events leading up to it, and its aftermath with unprecedented breadth. The subject has been deeply researched and there are extensive, informative, footnotes throughout. For students of the period this book should be mandatory reading. But part of its brilliance is that this book is, for the general reader, a highly accessible read - the narrative flows and moves at a gripping pace. The story is a tribute to the civilians of Delhi, caught like proverbial grains of wheat between the giant millstones of the opposing factions. Whilst it relates to events of 150 years ago powerful contemporary messages are reinforced. That racial and religious intolerance and bigotry serve to spawn extremism and "self righteous hysteria".