Profile for Petra (I love to read and share my thoughts on what products I have been using) > Reviews

Content by Petra (I love ...
Top Reviewer Ranking: 238

Petra (I love to read and share my thoughts on what products I have been using) "book addict!!!"
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Carmex Moisture Peach  duo pack
Carmex Moisture Peach duo pack

5.0 out of 5 stars moisten dry lips with goodness in a handy stick balm, 28 July 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Carmex Moist Peach Duo Pack is a very good pack of well-known brand Carmex lip balms which are famous throughout the world for first class lip balm which provide quick relief from sore chapped lips.
I love the softness of these balms which do immediately soften lips though I will say this one will when applied feel very tacky and loose bits of food or even fluff will migrate towards the stickiness of the actual lip balm.
I love the soft "peach" colour which though very faint is still noticeable, and it provided me with a nice soft healthy glow on my lips.
Carmex Moist Peach Duo are very moist as stated by the title and I have noticed the actual pack is wearing down quickly though personally, I do not mind as they surround my lips with luscious moisturisation and with the added bonus they condition my lips while providing them with protection.
The only flaw I have with this particular lip balm is that they wear down quickly and I would also recommend not to keep in a car where the heat​ can build up or even leave near a heater etc. as they will melt very quickly leaving behind a messy, greasy pool of softened wax.
With the added vitamins and goodness which includes Aloe Vera this balm is a joy to use and I for one am happy to recommend Carmex Moisture Peach Duo pack.

Post-it Z Notes - Neon and Pastel Pink - 12 Pads Per Pack - 100 Sheets Per Pad - 76 mm x 76 mm

5.0 out of 5 stars great product.., 28 July 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Post-it Z Notes Neon and Pastel pink is a great set of post it notes which are for me a nice feminine colour which I do like for the one reason they are PINK. They are big enough to write a proper note, compared to the smaller note pads which they also produce. It is up to you what size you want.
These are Z notes which are ideal for the handy dispensers which i do like as it is easier for me to grab one page without half a dozen following the leader.
The paper is a good quality and it does not tear when even a slight pull is given to the actual pad.
Post-It Z Notes are a very handy way of dispensing the solo page which can be taken quickly and neatly which is a main bonus for me personally. These are ideal for any office, desk even handy for shopping lists.
I am happy to recommend Post-it Z Notes as a great way of jotting down all those items you do not to forget, yet do not want to rely on other digital ways of taking down notes.

The Swan Maid
The Swan Maid
Offered by Audible Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars brillaint story throughout..., 28 July 2016
This review is from: The Swan Maid (Audio Download)
The Swan Maid written by Dilly Court was one fantastic book which had me gripped throughout as I listened to the audible version read by the marvellous Annie Aldington whose voice I could listen too forever as she has a wonderful way of bringing the characters alive with accents and changing her voice to show each character uniquely.
This was Lottie Lane's story as we first meet her as a lowly maid in the Swan Inn. Her meeting with a young soldier will change her life forever but for Lottie this meeting will take her across the world following the man she loved, but for Lottie to do so she must accompany the one woman who gives her a chance. Lottie was a fantastic character whose bravery shone throughout the book as she faced the horrors of war in the most unexpected way, and showed me as a reader what “Following the Drum” really meant back in the 19th Century, during the 1853-1856s when the Crimean War took place.
This book opened up a whole part of history which I knew very little about but for me it was fascinating as I followed Lottie's adventures as she shows her heart of gold through helping those in need.
The Swan Maid written by Dilly Court is a fantastic book which will show you the horrors of the Crimea war and the devastation the British army had to face not only on the battle field but their daily living was as horrific.
I also loved how Dilly Court brought the famous Mary Seacole into this brilliant book which not only added to the story but willed me to find out more about this nurse who nursed alongside Florence Nightingale yet was not honoured in the same way.
If you want a read which will keep you captivated throughout with constant action throughout this is one book which will entertain as well as educate the readers about a time in history where poverty could condemn you to death not only by starvation but simply how you are allowed to simply fight for survival.
I am happy to recommend the Swan Maid by Dilly Court as a marvellous read, as this is a book which not only entertained but educated me to a time which I knew very little about. I would like to warn readers there is some bad language throughout the book but used in such a way it showed the downtrodden life Lottie lived before one meeting with a stranger changed her life forever.

Command Small Brushed Nickel Hooks with Strips (FC11-BN)
Command Small Brushed Nickel Hooks with Strips (FC11-BN)
Offered by BIC WAREHOUSE

4.0 out of 5 stars small yet extremely handy..., 27 July 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Command Small Brushed Nickel Hooks with strips are one way of hanging small items to the wall which includes small pictures. I love these as they fit neatly without making any obstruction.
I like these as they are easy to put up and even easier to remove and reposition.
The nickel finish adds to the look which are more expensive looking compared to the white plastic hooks which Command are famous for.
I am happy to recommend Command Small Brushed Nickel Hooks with strips as they have so many uses, they are to many to mention.

Command 17081BN-ES Medium Brushed Nickel Hook
Command 17081BN-ES Medium Brushed Nickel Hook
Offered by BIC WAREHOUSE

5.0 out of 5 stars great product.., 26 July 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Conmmand medium brushed nickel hook is another handy item manufactured by a company who certainly know how to produce items which work by hanging off a wall to allow for extra storage in the most convenient and neatest way possible. Easy to hang using the enclosed tapes this hook will hold up to 3lb in weight which will allow you to hang a jacket or even a dressing gowns but be very careful as they only hold firmly when treated with care regarding what you hang on the hook.
I like the brushed nickel finish of the actual hook as it takes the plastic look of the hook and gives it a nice finish.

Teletubbies: Favourite Things
Teletubbies: Favourite Things

5.0 out of 5 stars we all have our favourite items.., 26 July 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Teletubbies Favourite things is a wonderful book which is aimed for the younger generation. The Teletubbies have been favourites for many children, as the first Teletubbies show was aired in 1997 and their popularity has not diminished through the years.
With this short book which is wonderfully filled with many pictures which the pre-schoolers will enjoy.
My niece who is two loves this book as my own children have went past that age, it is wonderful to see her face light up when I pull this out to read her the story of the Teletubbies and their adventures as they help each other out finding their favourite things to play with.
.I love the fact this is a well made, board book as it will stand up to a bit of abuse which compared to the normal book material will prove to last.
This is a wonderful book which I am happy to recommend as it is full of wonderful photos and a story which young children are sure to enjoy.

Maybelline Vivid Matte Lipstick Number 25, Orange Shot
Maybelline Vivid Matte Lipstick Number 25, Orange Shot

5.0 out of 5 stars great lippie with great coverage., 26 July 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Maybelline Vivid Matte Lipstick Number 25 Orange shot is a nice to use lipstick and I have loved other colours, this one did not suit me as much as the other colours but this was mainly because I am very pale in complexion.
This is a first class lipstick which provides excellent results. I love the applicator which provides great control when applying as well as allowing me to apply it properly.

Nivea Sun Protect and Moisture Moisturising Sun Spray Medium SPF 15 - 200 ml
Nivea Sun Protect and Moisture Moisturising Sun Spray Medium SPF 15 - 200 ml

4.0 out of 5 stars ideal for dry or mature skin.., 25 July 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Once again another good product from Nivea, this time, it is Sun Protect and Moisture but the one downfall for me it was the greasiness of the product but that was my only problem. Though I would consider this ideal for those with a more drier skin or even a more mature skin.
This is only a 15 factor which would be ideal for those who have swarthy skin or even for the end of the holiday when I have started with factor​ 50 then slowly reduce factors to allow myself to build up my tan.
This is a pleasantly fragranced sun tan spray which is ideal for the more drier skin.

Post-it Index Flags - Strong 25mm - Pink, Green, Orange (22 Flags x 3 colours)
Post-it Index Flags - Strong 25mm - Pink, Green, Orange (22 Flags x 3 colours)

4.0 out of 5 stars small index markers.., 25 July 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Post-it Index Flags - Strong 25mm edged page markers work well, providing a good way of marking places in books with the added advantage you can make a "small" note or even marking a place in a book.
The markers have various colours on each edge of the marker which makes it easier for the user to visually mark a page.
They stick well and have good staying power.
I am happy to recommend Post-it Index flags as they provide good marking for your books.

Rapesco Stapler - X5-Mini Less Effort, Candy Pink
Rapesco Stapler - X5-Mini Less Effort, Candy Pink
Offered by Universal Office Products Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars small and dinky with holding power..., 25 July 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Rapesco Stapler is the little sister of the Rapesco Stapler family and I can honestly say this does not make it the weakest of the bunch as with all staplers from this company it staples quickly with ease without much fuss or attention.
I like this stapler for the simple reason it is so handy to carry around in a bag or briefcase, and now there is no excuse to have untidy pages in my bag falling freely without any order.
The actual stapler is very easy to fill with the enclosed staples and provides neat staples which held well.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20