Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Amazon Music Unlimited for Family Learn more Fitbit Learn more
Profile for Petra ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿ“š๐Ÿ““๐Ÿ–‹๐Ÿ“ฎ > Reviews

Content by Petra ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿ“š๐Ÿ““๐Ÿ–‹๐Ÿ“ฎ
Top Reviewer Ranking: 472

Petra ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿ“š๐Ÿ““๐Ÿ–‹๐Ÿ“ฎ "Ms P Wilson"
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Two O'Clock Boy: One detective. One killer. One shared secret. (DI Ray Drake)
Two O'Clock Boy: One detective. One killer. One shared secret. (DI Ray Drake)
by Mark Hill
Price: ยฃ4.99

4.0 out of 5 stars their past has now become their present... what way now is their future??, 13 Aug. 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Two O'Clock Boy: One Detective. One Killer written by Mark Hill is one book which will keep you reading to the early hours as you are told through the vivid writing the from Mark Hill the story of two friends who were brought together through friendship, parted by the law.
This book is written in two different time frames which are important to the storyline and of course the outcome.
It was a book which not only entertained but also kept my attention as the story captivated me as the mystery from the boy's past reached into their present life and future.
This is one book I am happy to recommend as it was one book which had me gripped throughout.

Mussolini's Island
Mussolini's Island
by Sarah Day
Price: ยฃ15.90

4.0 out of 5 stars ... Day for me was a heart-wrenching read which I enjoyed as it was full of emotional fear and so ..., 12 Aug. 2017
This review is from: Mussolini's Island (Hardcover)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Mussolini's Island written by Sarah Day for me was a heart-wrenching read which I enjoyed as it was full of emotional fear and so much more as one boy whose crime was to love people of the same sex. In the 1930's this was a crime and in Mussolini's Island, this young boy lived in constant fear of being found out as he knew he could pay for it with his life.
Sarah Day certainly knows how to write a good book which not only entertained but educated me as a reader. I enjoyed Mussolini's Island as it was well written and it is a book I am happy to recommend.

HiLife Spoil Me! Dog Food Flaked Chicken with Vegetables '15 x 100g Pouches'
HiLife Spoil Me! Dog Food Flaked Chicken with Vegetables '15 x 100g Pouches'
Price: ยฃ10.50

5.0 out of 5 stars good dog food which my dogs love..., 12 Aug. 2017
HiLife Spoil Me! Dog Food Flaked Chicken with Vegetables is one dog food which my fur babies love. This is one food I am sure when dished out will not be left festering in the dish. I have to give my dogs a dry kibble for health reasons and actually mix a few grams of this in with it and they eat all the food. I previously bought it from the local supermarket and now I am very happy to purchase it via Subscribe and Save Program as it works out a lot cheaper plus it is delivered to my front door which for me personally is super convenient.
The main reason I do like this food is due to the fact the chicken is flaked and the only added ingredients are vegetables and rice, there is no cheap fillers or other ingredients which make it very healthy food for my fur babies. There is no strong smell of this food which is a huge bonus for me especially when it comes to dishing it out. I can honestly say my dogs get super excited now when it comes to feeding time.
Happy to recommend.

Skin Republic Foot Repair 18g
Skin Republic Foot Repair 18g
Price: ยฃ5.49

4.0 out of 5 stars simple and easy way of keeping feet smooth..., 12 Aug. 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Skin Republic Foot Repair is a "foot" product which after one use left my feet to feel soft and smooth, though I have to state the rough skin is still there yet it does feel somewhat smoother. I actually would purchase these again as though they are simply a plastic bag which insides is coated with foot cream. This is a convenient way of keeping my feet soft and smooth, though I could simply coat my feet in cream and place them in a plastic bag.
Skin Republic Foot Repair keep feet soft and smooth but I would state to stick to the instructions as the cream which is formulated to remove hard skin might "remove" too much hard skin of at once and leave your feet sore and red. I state this as I did feel a slight tingling on my feet prior to removing the "plastic socks" and feel if left on too long the cream would react with my skin.
Happy to recommend Skin Republic Foot Repair, as they work and provide excellent results.

REVLON Pro Collection Salon One-Step Hair Dryer and Styler - RVDR5212
REVLON Pro Collection Salon One-Step Hair Dryer and Styler - RVDR5212
Price: ยฃ49.99

3.0 out of 5 stars perfect for long straight hair.. not for shorter layered styles as the brush is unable to get really into and below the roots.., 11 Aug. 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
REVLON Pro Collection Salon One-Step Hair Dryer and Styler is a good dryer and one which did style my hair, but for me, I found it uncomfortable to hold. The main handle is thick and for my arthritic hands, I found it hard to hold properly, when I moved my hand up to the narrower part of the main handle, the heat of the dryer made it hot and painful to hold. I personally thought it would help me as I would be able to have one hand free because of brush and dryer all in one, unfortunately, this was not the case.
It is excellent at blow drying your hair straight but due to the brush being large I could not curl my hair the way I prefer to do when using a "normal" hair dryer. The actual dryer does create a lot of heat, therefore, making it quick at drying my hair but I simply was not happy with the results.
In my honest opinion this is perfect for those with long straight hair but for those who have shorter hair styles and who prefer volume at the roots, this might not be what you are looking for.
REVLON Pro Collection Salon One-Step Hair Dryer is the perfect dryer for longer hair and I would recommend it for these hair styles but personally, I find it simply too uncomfortable to hold, but that is because I have arthritis.
This is still a well-made product and one I would still recommend but I would advise considering what your hair styling needs and desires are, plus if you have any pain or restriction in your hands I would advise this might not work for you.

Tefal Jamie Oliver Hard Anodised Premium Series Frypan - 28cm, Black
Tefal Jamie Oliver Hard Anodised Premium Series Frypan - 28cm, Black
Price: ยฃ47.54

5.0 out of 5 stars Jamie Oliver and Tefal are the perfect team when it comes to cooking pans.., 11 Aug. 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Tefal Jamie Oliver Hard Anodised Premium frying pan is an excellent frying pan which is made to a high-quality standard. The pan is a good weight which is especially important as I find a lighter pan burns easy. The base has the famous Tefal red spot which tells you the pan is at the perfect heat for cooking which I do like and I have found with this frying pan and others that I have owned really do provide the perfect cooking temperature. The non-stick covering with this pan is first class and I found it even perfect for the stickiest of food.
The handle is made from a very heavy thick plastic which does not heat up when in use which makes it very easy for me to control the frying pan especially when transporting the food to another dish or even serving I also find the actual handle to be comfortable to hold.
Jamie Oliver certainly knows what makes the perfect frying pan, and he has designed therefore created an excellent frying pan though for my cooking needs this is a smaller pan than I would actually use.

The Tefal Jamie Oliver Hard Anodised Premium Frying Pan is a good quality frying pan which provides excellent cooking and therefore for me I am happy to recommend it.

Wait for Me
Wait for Me
by Caroline Leech
Price: ยฃ7.99

5.0 out of 5 stars a great read..., 11 Aug. 2017
This review is from: Wait for Me (Paperback)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Wait for Me written by Caroline Leech for me was a wonderful read and the author certainly knows how to create a read which will have you gripped from the first page.
The book is based on Lorna a young girl who is dealing with her brothers fighting in the war while helping her father keep the farm she clearly loves. This book is indeed a historical romance but for me, it was so much more as the characters were so well developed I was soon involved in each of their lives as they try to accept the death and destructions which are disturbing their lives daily.
Like all British people, they have strong feelings against Germany and its people especially those who are fighting against them. When a German soldier is sent to the farm to help Lorna and her father and this is when the story really began and for me, the author certainly wrote a heart-wrenching read and one I am happy to recommend.
Wait for Me written by Caroline Leech is one book I am happy to recommend to readers of all ages as every emotion was brought into this brilliant read.

Remington Ci91X1 Proluxe Hair Curling Wand, 25-38 mm - Rose Gold
Remington Ci91X1 Proluxe Hair Curling Wand, 25-38 mm - Rose Gold
Price: ยฃ34.99

4.0 out of 5 stars nice looking wand which works well...., 10 Aug. 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Remington Ci91X1 Proluxe Hair Curling Wand is another good product from Remington as it works as well as it looks. I found it comfortable to hold and with the added advantage of including a heat protection glove which works well and extremely comfortable to use as it is very fine which allows me to get full control of my hair as well as the actual curling wand.
The special coating on the main wand works well at helping the hair stay on the wand as it is a special grip coating which prevents the hair from slipping off the wand before the actual hair styling or curling is finished.
Personally, I do like the design of the curling wand, it is a lovely rich rose gold colour, enclosed in the package is a nice long purse which holds the curling wand neatly and comfortably as well as the black heat protection glove. Remington has certainly thought of everything when it comes to the design of their hair styling wand.
The Remington Ci91X1 is an excellent hair curling wand which works well and one I am happy to recommend.

Remington Ci9132 Proluxe Hair Curling Tong, 32 mm - Rose Gold
Remington Ci9132 Proluxe Hair Curling Tong, 32 mm - Rose Gold
Price: ยฃ34.99

4.0 out of 5 stars nice set of curling tongs, 9 Aug. 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Remington Ci9132 Proluxe Hair Curling Tong is quite a good set of curling tongs for those who have longer length hair. There is a clip at the base which is handy as it holds onto the end of your hair allowing you to wrap your hair around the tong quickly and without it simply sliding off. I found the clip to be very small therefore I would recommend putting only a small section of the end of your hair.
The selling point of this particular curling tong is due to the fact it heats from the lower temperature of 120 to the higher temperature of 210 degrees which compared to other curling tongs I have had in the past is not very hot. This is a selling point for Remington as they have stated they recommend a lower temperature to protect the health of your hair.
This lower temperature will not suit a lot of hair, as some hair needs a hotter temperature for the hair to curl properly and also for the curl to last throughout the event or even a working day.
The actual curling tong has a coating which also prevents damage to the hair shaft which I do like and also find it very easy to keep clean with a wipe of a clean cloth after each use.
The manufacturer recommends to only hold your hair on the main curling tong for ten seconds, which meant for me personally I had to put the hair into smaller sections to receive a good curl or if I wanted a thicker curl it meant I would have to go over the same section of hair a couple of times until I received the curl I personally desired, It really is up to the user themselves.
I also like the fact that I am able to lock the desired temperature as I found it was easy for me to change the temperature when I was holding the handle.
This is a very good looking set of tongs and I do love the rose gold tones which really enriches the look plus a very handy bag is provided for storing your curling tongs which are very handy if you plan to take them out and about, they are very light to carry therefore perfect if you want to style your hair at work prior to going out for the evening. Perfect for holidays as they will slip easily in carrying on luggage etc.
Remington Ci9 132 Proluxe Hair Curling Tong is a good set of tongs which protects your hair while styling which should be considered if your hair needs a high temperature for styling.

Elba A3 10 Part Card Divider - Assorted Colours
Elba A3 10 Part Card Divider - Assorted Colours
Price: ยฃ4.45

4.0 out of 5 stars good quality A3 10 part card divider., 8 Aug. 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
A3 10 Part Card Dividers are a good quality card dividers made from a good standard paper. The colours are strong and vibrant which will help you keep your files tidy and also will aid you to find your notes you need quickly. These are the larger card dividers and not to be mistaken for the A4 dividers which are more readily available.
These are sold at a great price and are packaged in clear cellophane.
Happy to recommend.