Profile for Mr. Philip Masters > Reviews

Superb digital recordings.

Panasonic DMR-EZ49vEBK Super Multi Format Combi Recorder with Freeview
Panasonic DMR-EZ49vEBK Super Multi Format Combi Recorder with Freeview

1.0 out of 5 stars Very unreliable, 18 May 2016
Ever since I had mine I have had problems with DVDs successfully recording one moment and not being recgongnised, not being formatted correctly or incompatible the next. Sometimes when I wipe the disc it works but not always. Sometimes I can play a commercially recorded DVD and my CD is then recognised. I took my first Panasonic recorder (same model) back to Currys....they exchanged it for another new one and I have exactly the same trouble. Very disappointed. I thought Panasonic had a very good reputation.

Snug Pair of Contour Memory Foam Pillows plus COOLMAX zipped washable covers
Snug Pair of Contour Memory Foam Pillows plus COOLMAX zipped washable covers
Offered by SNUG MATTRESS

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic improvement on my sleep patterns., 13 May 2016
I am delighted by these pillows. I have long suffered interrupted sleep and pain and tingling in my right arm and neck ache but these pillows have given me a long uninterrupted night's sleep and no pain.

Vaughan Williams: Orchestral Works (Remastered)
Vaughan Williams: Orchestral Works (Remastered)

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 13 April 2016
I just downloaded the English Folk Song Suite. Unfortunately it seems to be a very old recording...lots of clicks and pops and tape hiss...plus a very unbalanced recording...had to readjust the balance of my amplfier drastically to centre it.

iPad Case, JETech Gold Slim-Fit iPad Smart Cover Case for Apple iPad 2 iPad 3 iPad 4 (2014 Version with Built-in Stand and Front/Back Protection and Built-In Magnet for Sleep/Wake Feature) (Black)
Offered by JEDirect UK

4.0 out of 5 stars Neat, strong and compact, 19 Nov. 2015
Very pleased with this product....everything fits together perfectly, providing the feel of direct contact with the ipad and at the same time affording protection. The top cover, which is meant to double as a stand when folded back, is useless as a stand though, but the cover and ipad are so light that holding it is easy enough. I bought a black cover, which I suspect may be a mistake as it shows greasy finger marks after each handling...easily got rid of with a tissue, but I can't be cleaning the cover everytime I use it, or wear white gloves. I suspect a grey cover would have been better.

Charles Bentley Garden White Tulip Cast Aluminium Metal 2 Seater Garden Patio Bench Seat
Offered by BuyDirect4U

5.0 out of 5 stars Very pleased....., 12 May 2015
I am very pleased with this product: it is well engineered and comes complete with plastic covers for all visible nuts. Putting it together was as easy as one would expect, but as with all these things, you need to set aside plentY of time and follow the instructions carefully. Two tips.....only do up the nuts, washers and spring washers finger tight....if you read the instructions through to the end you will see that you are only meant to tighten them with the wrench provided at the end of the process. Second, as one reviewer has already mentioned, reference is made in the printed instructions to "Bolts N", which do not exist...all the bolts are present but are "Bolts K". I have yet to see how it weathers, but it certainly looks as if it should...screw heads are painted white, but naturally, as the care instructions tell you, you should clean the bench from time to time with mild detergent.

Ronseal One Coat Fencelife Forest Green 5 Litre + 20%
Ronseal One Coat Fencelife Forest Green 5 Litre + 20%

1.0 out of 5 stars Does NOT do what it says on the tin!, 3 May 2015
★ from Mr. Philip Masters on 03 May 2015

Does NOT do what it says on the tin!

I bought four cans of this product to stain my pergola and fencing with. I put it on the pergola last week when the weather was fine and sunny. I prepared the woodwork by brushing off all algae with a wire brush. Today it rained and virtually all the stain has washed off the cross-members, which were previously bare wood. Now I am reluctant to waste more time, energy and money usng the product on my extensive fencing. Have written a letter of complaint to Ronseal.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Textiles Direct Percale Ivory Double Flat Sheet
Textiles Direct Percale Ivory Double Flat Sheet
Offered by Character Linens

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value, 5 July 2014
Generously proportioned...seems good value

Requiem (Giulini, Philharmonia Chorus And Orchestra)
Requiem (Giulini, Philharmonia Chorus And Orchestra)
Offered by Music-Finder

4.0 out of 5 stars very well recorded with a fine set of soloists, 30 Jun. 2014
This is a traditional, large scale performance, very well recorded with a fine set of soloists. I like to have this side by side with a period instrument one.

TP-LINK TL-WA850RE 300 Mbps Universal Wall Plug Wi-Fi Range Extender/Wi-Fi Booster with Ethernet Port for Wired Device (WPS Function/Easy Configuration)

4.0 out of 5 stars Works well but you need to experiment with positioning, 14 Jan. 2014
I have recently acquired an I-Pad but found it lost connectivity in my bedroom. A power line adaptor did not improve matters. Finally I bought this range extender...it did not work being positioned in two adjacent bedrooms but does when positioned downstairs in the hallway, receiving the wireless signal from my study upstairs and beaming it back upstairs to my front bedroom. I think brick walls and a chimney breast may have been the culprits, so don't give up if the device does not appear to work in its initial position.

Page: 1 | 2