Profile for Trismegistus > Reviews

Trismegistus (Essex, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-17
No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars A little tight but colours OK, 9 Jan. 2016
Decent quality but size is a little too tight for my 7.5-8 feet. Colours are OK.

Firefly - The Complete Series [Blu-ray] [2002]
Firefly - The Complete Series [Blu-ray] [2002]
Dvd ~ Nathan Fillion
Offered by Rapid-DVD

3.0 out of 5 stars Minimally sci-fi parody of Alias Smith & Jones, 9 Jan. 2016
Mediocre sci-fi series which falls into the typical US trap of projecting their own 'wild west' onto all space frontier situations, and thus becomes a minimally sci-fi parody of Alias Smith & Jones. Ironically, the film eventually made is significantly better.

Netatmo smart thermostat, works with Amazon Alexa
Netatmo smart thermostat, works with Amazon Alexa

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy to install if replacing existing wall thermostat. How about adding some TRVs, Netatmo?, 26 Dec. 2015
Easy to install if, like me, it is replacing an existing wall thermostat and you have a wall socket for the 'relay' not too far from the stat. All working OK within 30 mins. As I don't use my thermostat in a conventional way (it is in an unheated hallway) I switched off the predictive function (in advanced settings) which is based on the unit 'learning' how quickly your home warms up/cools down. Otherwise I found the stat was being switched on way in advance of the set time - which probably explains the problems some other reviewers had.
Having set a normal schedule for each day via the laptop, the main benefit for me is being able to override this and turn the boiler on/off from my chair or when away from home using the mobile phone app, and set a very specific time period for this override. The thermostat 'syncs' with the app setting very quickly, and indicates the current status of the boiler.
I would like the option of adding some internet controlled Thermostatic Radiator Valves to this set-up so I can control individual room temps as well as the boiler itself. How about it, Netatmo? That would get the 5th star from me!

Life In Lucidity
Life In Lucidity

5.0 out of 5 stars Heavy prog rock, reminding me somewhat of Mars Volta, 13 Dec. 2015
This review is from: Life In Lucidity (Audio CD)
Heavy prog rock, reminding me somewhat of Mars Volta, but unique really. Looking forward to their next album. Not to be confused with bands with similar names!

In the Steps of Rosa Luxemburg (Historical Materialism)
In the Steps of Rosa Luxemburg (Historical Materialism)
by Paul Levi

5.0 out of 5 stars A unique perspective, 8 Dec. 2015
Excellent series of writings by Paul Levi relating to the German revolution(s) in the early part of the 20th Century. He is much maligned by the Stalinist left, and others, but if you read this you may think he was more faithful to Marx and Rosa Luxemburg than were Lenin or Trotsky, and certainly more perceptive about the rise of Stalinism and of Nazism than his compatriots and Russian comrades at the time. Even as a historical read this gives a unique perspective of someone doubly on the losing 'side'.

Generic Massaging Silicon Gel insoles for Sore Feet Relief, Shock Absorption, Running/Hiking
Offered by Hugs & More Ltd

2.0 out of 5 stars No better, and sometimes worse than standard innersoles, 8 Dec. 2015
Quite hard under the feet. Thick, so make some of my boots too tight. On balance no better, and sometimes worse than standard innersoles.

Ilinkbrand M8S Set Top Tv Box
Ilinkbrand M8S Set Top Tv Box

2.0 out of 5 stars Early days... very little success!, 6 Dec. 2015
This is very far from a plug and play device. It's early days for me with my first Android box, so I won't pass final judgement. But for now... I can't receive any TV programmes ("no stream"), and it won't play any of my music files (WAV or MP3s) even though it correctly identifies them from my NAS including cover art. The ONLY success so far is playing MKV files made from my music DVD collection. It won't play VTS files though. Fortunately for me, the primary reason I bought the box was precisely to play the MTV files which my cheap networked blu-ray doesn't manage!
In a week or so's time I'll put a few hours into following the advice other reviewers have placed on Amazon, and report back (and upgrade my stars) if I have any success.

Periea Drawer Organiser 30 compartments - Grey - Fosy
Periea Drawer Organiser 30 compartments - Grey - Fosy
Offered by JNimports

1.0 out of 5 stars TINY compartments, some too small for a pair of men's cotton ankle socks, 27 Nov. 2015
Some of the compartments are too small even for a pair of men's cotton ankle socks. Pointless. Returned for a refund.

Radio Gnome Invisible Trilogy
Radio Gnome Invisible Trilogy
Offered by Vinylhead

1.0 out of 5 stars Illicit copy by deceitful company, 21 Nov. 2015
Illicit copy - read the band statement posted by another reviewer.

Solidarity.. -CD+DVD-
Solidarity.. -CD+DVD-

4.0 out of 5 stars Great 2013 live gig. DVD is stereo only., 20 Nov. 2015
This review is from: Solidarity.. -CD+DVD- (Audio CD)
Great live gig recorded in Poland 2013. Music is classic Galahad prog rock with excellent guitars, keyboard and drumming, plus Stu Nicholson on lead vocals - perhaps something of an acquired taste but I have done so! Galahad at their prime!
The recording quality is fine, though it is disappointing the DVD is only stereo and not 5.1 which I think we have come to expect of a modern recording.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-17