Profile for Marianne R. > Reviews

Content by Marianne R.

Marianne R. (Near Swansea)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7
Squire CP60 60mm Push Button Combination Padlock
Squire CP60 60mm Push Button Combination Padlock

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 6 Sept. 2017
I dispute the reviewer who claims this lock can be easily picked. I know the methods that can be used and they don't seem to work on this lock.

Tour Climbs: The complete guide to every mountain stage on the Tour de France by Sidwells. Chris ( 2009 ) Paperback

5.0 out of 5 stars A great read and reference book for all Col nutters!, 9 Aug. 2017
I discovered this book in an Alpine chalet whilst on a cycling holiday planned for the purpose of doing the big Tour de France climbs. It's a great read, whether you've just suffered your way up a notorious Col (or several!), or if you need a reference before you plan your ascent. I had one or two misgivings about the star ratings - for example, the brutal Ceoix de Fer ascent only gets a four star rating - but that's being a tad picky, perhaps. I'm glad I got the book for an excellent price on Amazon instead of paying many Euros more in France! A great read.

Gardman 2m x 1.4m Easy Garden Arch
Gardman 2m x 1.4m Easy Garden Arch

5.0 out of 5 stars An impressive feature in the garden - and excellent value!, 9 Aug. 2017
Very easy to assemble and light enough to carry with ease. I bought three and wired them together to form a triple arch for roses and clematis which also acts to divide an ornamental section from part of the vegetable plot: it looks very effective and "opens up" a previously cluttered space. I don't know how long the arches will last, but they're cheap enough not to worry about that! Very pleased with my purchase.

Olight® Max 9000 Lumens X7 Marauder LED Torch Smart Control Portable Flashlight with Bright CREE XHP 70 LED/Variable Output/Side Switch/IPX8 Waterproof(NEW Arrival) (OPTION 3: X7 Single(Does NOT include batteries and charger))
Offered by Olight® Direct UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Currently the best flashlight., 26 April 2017
Outstanding flashlight but it couldn't be described as value for money.

CrazyFire LED Torch Light CREE 10 LED High Power Flashlight Lamp with 5 Mode for Hiking Camping Backpacking Included 4X18650 Batteries and Charger

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb, 3 Dec. 2016
This is an outstanding torch at this price. Excellent build quality and it is very, very bright. Forget about the included charger; you will need to buy a proper 4 bay charger and probably another set of batteries. Don't let this put you off; if you want this power just buy it. PS you even get the facility to use a lanyard (one is supplied). I repeat: an outstanding torch.

L'Oreal Paris Double Extension Mascara Black Waterproof
L'Oreal Paris Double Extension Mascara Black Waterproof

5.0 out of 5 stars Best mascara ever!, 26 Jun. 2016
I can't recommend this highly enough. I've been a fan of this mascara for many years - probably from the date of its first appearance - and have never found anything to equal it. (If only I'd had it in the Sixties when I was trying to imitate Twiggy). As a road cyclist who rides in often appalling weather and trains until very sweaty (!), I find that neither torrential rain on my face nor perspiration can shift it. However, when I need to remove it, it comes off with very little effort. My family has strict instructions to make sure I am all mascarad up with this whenever I pop my clogs...

Gardman Insect protection net
Gardman Insect protection net

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, highly practical product., 26 Jun. 2016
I am a dedicated gardener who for years used fleece to protect my plants. However, this mesh is infinitely more practical: it's a huge amount for your money ( I can cover at least three raised beds with it), it's sufficiently heavy not to be blown away even if you don't weigh it down, it lets in rain and hose water and diffuses it onto your plants, and there is no loss of sun if you are lucky enough to enjoy good weather where you are. (West Wales living means an incredibly beautiful landscape caused by lots and lots of said rain, so mesh is ideal for our weather). Our resident wild creatures haven't succeeded in working out how to get through the barrier it provides, so my raspberry crop is safe yet again. However, remember that if you have a crop which needs pollination, you need to uncover your plants for a part of the day. Would thoroughly recommend.

GANT Men's Cotton Wool Long Sleeve V-Neck Jumper, Marine Melange,Large
GANT Men's Cotton Wool Long Sleeve V-Neck Jumper, Marine Melange,Large

5.0 out of 5 stars Smart and elegant sweater., 26 Jun. 2016
As expected, a perfect sweater from Gant at an excellent price. These garments wash brilliantly on a wool wash and take years to actually fade to any degree. Would definitely recommend.

Tidlo Rainbow Drum
Tidlo Rainbow Drum

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent musical toy for 6 months and above., 26 Jun. 2016
This review is from: Tidlo Rainbow DrumP (Toy)
I ordered this for my 7 month old granddaughter, who actually goes to organised music classes (!).
It's a well-made and sturdy piece, perfect for a little one. However, I wouldn't advise giving a young baby the drumstick, as their immediate instinct seems to be to put the ball end straight into their mouth, thereby causing the risk of choking. Instead, I gave her a plastic feeding spoon, with which she quite happily banged away. The sound (when using the drumstick) is clear and not at all unpleasant. All in all, a good buy.

Smiffy's Adult Women's WW2 Air Force Female Captain Costume, Jacket, Skirt, Mock Shirt with Tie and Belt, Wartime 40's, Serious Fun, Size: S, 35527

5.0 out of 5 stars Smart and sexy!, 26 Jun. 2016
I ordered this because my cycling club was supporting a ride for the Douglas Bader Foundation, and we club members intended to dress in WW2 uniforms. It was a fit (I'm a small size 10), and looked really smart and sufficiently authentic to earn me lots of compliments. Fortunately, the material is fairly thin, but not flimsy, as it was a sweltering day, so I was perfectly comfortable. Would recommend.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7