Profile for Holly Smith > Reviews

Content by Holly Smith

Holly Smith "Holly" (London)

Page: 1 | 2
Sammua STUDIO GHIBLI My Neighbour Totoro Canvas Backpack School Bookbag Large Capacity Rucksack Laptop Computer Daypack - black

3.0 out of 5 stars Lasted less than 3 months, 20 Feb. 2017
Exactly as the photo, and although a little heavy for a school bag it is a good size and quality and my daughter was very pleased with it in Sept. However, before the end of term the centre loop had frayed and broken and one of the shoulder straps was so ripped and frayed it is hanging by a thread. I guess school bags get heavy use, but I would expect it to last longer than one term. The zips have held up, it is just the seams of the shoulder strap and loop, but this is pretty critical to carrying it so it had to be abandoned.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Canson A4 Bristol Pad including 20 sheets of high-white and smooth 180gsm Bristol paper.

3.0 out of 5 stars More paper than card., 20 Feb. 2017
I ordered Bristol paper as recommended for the alcohol based manga copic markers and it seemed good quality on first inspection. However, this wasn't thick enough for my purposes as there have been a number of leaks through the paper causing staining. I will look for a heavier gsm card for the future.

Pokemon 14603 TCG Sun and Moon Booster Set
Pokemon 14603 TCG Sun and Moon Booster Set

4.0 out of 5 stars The recipient was delighted anyway., 20 Feb. 2017
I didn't realise that you could randomly get Togedemaru or Litten with the Pokemon 14603 Sun and Moon Triple Booster set as there is only a photo of Togedemaru, but that is my ignorance of Pokemon. The seller does state the pack will be chosen at random, but you have to know what from so it is one of these two. The recipient was delighted anyway.

White Self Adhesive Wheelie Bin Numbers 17cm 2/Pk - 5 (WS515) Wheelie Bin / Dust bin / Dustbin Number Stickers

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 7 Mar. 2016
I can't comment on longevity, but does the job perfectly.

De'Longhi ECZ351.W Scultura Traditional Pump Espresso Coffee Machine, 1100 W - White

3.0 out of 5 stars European plug pain, 22 Jun. 2015
Bought this as a replacement for previous Delonghi espresso machine, which lasted 5 years and was excellent. Both are Which Best Buys so I just wanted to check with the seller it had a UK plug after a couple of comments in reviews I got the reply in April "Dear Customer, thank you for your inquiry. our socket is approved for the English market, and completely secure. best reguards Buylloon" so I went ahead and purchased. When it arrived it had a European plug with an adaptor, see photo. I was pretty unhappy having checked with them first, and on contacting Buylloonagain they offered a £15 refund, which is OK but doesn't explain why it was misrepresented. I then had to buy a UK plug and rewire it, which is OK but will presumably invalidate the warranty. So one star for Buylloon but 4 star for the coffee machine. Otherwise it is fine, annoyingly just a fraction less space under the nozzle so cups and jugs which were always a tight fit under the old one don't fit under this, wish there was a bit more height to use taller cups.
Comment Comment | Permalink

FoxHunter 1 x 5 Tier Black Super Strong Heavy Duty Metal Shelving Racking 1800H 800W 400D 150kg Capacity Per Shelf For Garage Workshop Warehouse Shed Storage

3.0 out of 5 stars Have you got a concrete floor?, 22 Jun. 2015
Well buyer beware, I foolishly didn't appreciate how very heavy these shelves are, although it is there in the small print. They arrrived promptly but at 36kg and 23 kg for two sets I realised I couldn't put them on floorboards. I think they really need a concrete floor to take the weight, I'm sure they would be perfect in a garage for very heavy tools, but overspecified for domestic use. I then discovered Amazon's usual return policy doesn't apply as they are too heavy. KMS distribution replied promptly and civilly to my return enquiry and recommended parcel2go and parcelmonkey to return the items at my own cost for a refund. Unfortunately the cost of return was nearly as much as the cost of the items so I gave up on returning and found someone locally to rehome them. Learn from my mistake and always read the small print people.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Useful, 1 Feb. 2015
Size 13-14 fitted a rather tall 9 year old and it appears to be warm and dry, most importantly. It's also washed fine. The only problem is the zip is rather fiddly and has been miszipped and had to be wrenched apart and redone. Be aware the colour is not the 2014 wine red but 'beetroot' is a deep pink.

Joules Women's Welly Print Wellington Boots R_WELLYPRINT Topaz Floral 6 UK, 39 EU, 8 US

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 27 Dec. 2014
A very comfy and serviceable welly. The blue is darker than it appears on the PC, true colours very hard to view online, but the flower print is great. There is a removeable insole, not sure if this was thermal but kept feet very warm in icy slush.

Breville VKJ628 Crystal Clear Jug Kettle
Breville VKJ628 Crystal Clear Jug Kettle
Offered by Bright Sparks Store

2.0 out of 5 stars design flaw on the lid, 2 Nov. 2014
I bought this as a replacement for the previous version of the Breville clear blue light jug which lasted 6 years. I was perfectly happy with it on arrival, the clear jug allows you to boil the right amount of water and reminds you to descale frequently. Within 6 weeks however the lid would not lift when the button is pressed, I can do it manually but it has taken another 2 months to get around to checking the warranty. Looks like amazon don't accept returns after a month so a complete headache.

Vodafone Nokia 108 Pay as you go Handset - Black
Vodafone Nokia 108 Pay as you go Handset - Black
Offered by SIDZ

1.0 out of 5 stars locked into Vodaphone, 13 Jun. 2014
If you don't want to be a Vodaphone PAYG customer don't buy this phone. To unlock this to use with another SIM or network you need to go to [...] and pay £19.99. I wish I knew this before purchase and will now have to try and return.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 14, 2016 6:52 PM BST

Page: 1 | 2