Profile for Holly > Reviews

Content by Holly

Holly

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8
Green Ombre Tapestry Twin Size Indian Hippie Tapestry Wall Hanging Bohemian Wall Hanging Mandala Tapestry New Age Tapestry Gypsy Tapestry
Offered by Gokul Handloom.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great thin wall hanging, 1 Aug. 2017
This is an inexpensive, thin cloth that works perfectly as a wall hanging. I use it behind my desk in my office, and I've received many compliments on it.

Certified Organic Pure Henna Powder 200g
Certified Organic Pure Henna Powder 200g
Offered by Jannique Organics

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality, organic henna, 1 Aug. 2017
I've been using this brand of henna for almost two years now. Excellent gray hair coverage, excellent dye release. I highly recommend it to anyone who is looking for good quality, organic henna.

Finding the Gold: One Girl's Search for Her Purpose in Life
Finding the Gold: One Girl's Search for Her Purpose in Life
by Leda Sammarco

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it!, 24 April 2017
I really enjoyed this book. It's a dual journey: the reader accompanies the author on her trips to California while at the same time joining her on her path to find her life purpose. It's a lovely blend of both an inner and outer journey, both of which are a delight. I always enjoy hearing the story of how people got to where they are today, and I especially loved that this story was blended with the author's travels to California, where I grew up. I highly recommend this lovely book.

White Rustic Finish Small Wooden Serving Tray (24cm)
White Rustic Finish Small Wooden Serving Tray (24cm)
Offered by blendboutique

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice little wooden tray., 20 April 2017
Nice little wooden tray. Exactly as pictured.

4YourHome 8 Superior Water Purification Filter Cartridges For Cat Mate Fountains 335
Offered by First4Spares

3.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value for money but one broken filter of the 8, 20 April 2017
Excellent value for money and does the job, fitting into the Cat Mate fountain. They are, however, more cheaply produced, and one of them arrived broken, with the charcoal spilling out of it, so that's one less cartridge I can use out of the 8. I haven't opened up all the other little bags that they're wrapped in, so more may be broken.

Interpet Pet Love Kat Tikkler Cat Toy
Interpet Pet Love Kat Tikkler Cat Toy
Offered by Paradise Pets

4.0 out of 5 stars Decent quality; cats love it, 18 Jan. 2017
I've purchased three of these so far. The first two came in ridiculously large boxes; the third came in a much smaller package. When I opened it, I realized it was because it came with a much shorter handle, making it a bit difficult to wiggle at the cats. Fortunately, they seem content to carry it around the house, up and down the stairs.

The color you receive will be random: we have a green one, a red one, and a brownish one. They have many more feathers than your usual cat feather toy, and seem to last longer. They do lose feathers, but not at an excessive rate, and the toys do last long. Eventually, the handle fell off one of them, but it hasn't lost many feathers and the cats are still happy to play with it.

Walking with the Last Prince: Following Owain on the Glyndwr's Way
Walking with the Last Prince: Following Owain on the Glyndwr's Way

5.0 out of 5 stars A great account of the trail, 17 Dec. 2016
Excellent book! I had been considering walking this trail in 2016, but thanks to this book, I realized it was a bit more challenging than what I was looking for, so I've saved it for a future date. I love Andrew's books, and I always find them useful and inspiring when planning my own walks. My winter reading always involves at least one or two of his books, as they keep me in the walking mood, even when the weather is cold and not particularly inviting for an actual walk.

Traveling with Baggage: A Guide for the Hesitant Hiker
Traveling with Baggage: A Guide for the Hesitant Hiker
by Sarah D Tiedemann

4.0 out of 5 stars The perfect guide for anxious hikers...and their friends and family, 17 Dec. 2016
Are you, or is someone you know, a hesitant hiker? If so, this book is an excellent guide for anxious outdoors enthusiasts, or for people who want to encourage family or friends to join them on hikes. Sarah D Tiedemann, the author, describes herself as a fearful, controlling, and anxious person who nevertheless manages to survive – and enjoy – the numerous hiking and camping trips she goes on with her intrepid husband, Nick.
Sarah's husband provides a perfect contrast to her hesitant hiking style, and in fact, she describes the two of them as “polar opposites.” Nick's lack of hesitance when it comes to their outdoor adventures serves as a comparison to Sarah's perspective. If you're a hesitant hiker, Nick will give you an idea of what more daring hikers are like. If you're like Nick, the stories will help you to understand how two very different people can still manage to enjoy an outdoor adventure.

The book is a lighthearted exploration of Sarah's various anxieties and how they are triggered by her hiking experiences, with the intention of encouraging other hesitant hikers to get out of their comfort zone and enjoy nature. It's divided into sections according to all the different stresses that an outdoor adventure provides: flora/fauna, other people, weather conditions, and nighttime worries. It also explores fear in general, travel concerns, and the particular challenges of being a woman in the outdoors. The author shares her extensive requirements for her outdoors first aid kit and her meticulous methods for planning travel. Her attention to detail is impressive, and you'll surely learn something new.

The author is uniquely qualified to write on this topic because of her own lifelong experiences with anxiety: she tells stories of recoiling at the thought of germs on a bar of soap at a young age and of agonizing over the possibility of a home intruder as a child. Her worries began at a young age, and they continued into adulthood as she joined her husband on hiking trips. This book includes a selection of her outdoors experiences and how she got through them.

The stories are based in North America – bears, mountain lions, and poison oak are all mentioned – but these are simply examples of common anxiety triggers that can easily be transferred to outdoor environments in other parts of the world. The author includes plenty of personal stories so you can learn from her own experiences, and she includes sections on what to do and what not to do in each situation. Just as important, she includes statistics on things such as animal attacks, to help the reader put into perspective just how likely – or unlikely – an encounter will be.
Considering that I've spent hours exploring the woodlands of England on my own, I don't really consider myself to be a hesitant hiker. In fact, I've walked two National Trails all by myself. I'm a huge fan of solitary hiking. However, I'm considerably more hesitant when I think of doing the same in the North American wilderness, so I found this book to be interesting and useful. The author prepares for things I'd never thought of.

If you or someone you know needs some extra encouragement to step out of the comfort zone and into the outdoors, this is the perfect book. As the author says, “I'm never regretful that I faced my fears.” This could be the book that gets you out of the house and into nature.

No Stink Sports Glove Deodouriser Yellow
No Stink Sports Glove Deodouriser Yellow
Offered by UK Martial Arts & Fitness Distribution

5.0 out of 5 stars Great glove deodorizer, 17 Dec. 2016
These are an excellent glove deodorizer. When the lemon fragrance runs out, I refresh with essential oils. They do a great job of keeping gloves dry and smelling fresh.

CrazySell Refrigerator Durable Storage Organizer Fruit Handled Kitchen Collecting Box Basket Rack Stand Basket Container (4Pcs)
Offered by CrazySellgogogo

5.0 out of 5 stars Great organizer, 17 Dec. 2016
I love these. They've really helped me to keep things organized in the fridge.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8