Profile for GlowingCactus > Reviews

Content by GlowingCactus

GlowingCactus (NW United Kingdom)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
The Kitchen Shop collapsible washing up bowl red and white
The Kitchen Shop collapsible washing up bowl red and white
Offered by PB Online

5.0 out of 5 stars I was the envy of all my friends, 25 July 2016
An excellent bowl for taking camping. It is a good size when in position, flat enough when collapsed and strong enough to be used without fear of spillage. It is and easy to put up and down, without being *too* easy and leaving you worrying it will give way half way through washing the dishes.

Panasonic SD-2501 WXC Automatic Breadmaker - White
Panasonic SD-2501 WXC Automatic Breadmaker - White

5.0 out of 5 stars I don't buy bread from the shop any more, 3 July 2016
I have had a Panasonic for years and when my last one finally died I replaced it with another one and it is still the best you can buy.

It is so easy, just put the ingredients in in the order they are listed in the instruction manual, pick your programme and let it go and you will have wonderful bread at the end. Loaves from the Panny are similar in shape to shops bought bread so you can easily make sandwiches with it.

I find the rapid bake programme really useful - I start off the yeast in some warm water to make sure it is nice and frothy before it goes in and that produces a lovely loaf. I've also tried the rye programme​ with the special paddle and that works well too.

Size 2X-Large - Mens Brown Cotton Steampunk Collarless Waistcoat Hot Air Balloons
Offered by Altissimo Moda

4.0 out of 5 stars Smart and comfortable, 2 July 2016
A nice, easy way of steampunking an outfit. It is, as it says in the description generously sized and it does up with rather stiff press studs, not buttons, but this was not a problem as it was being worn open. It is a pity it doesn't come with the cravat shown in the picture.

The Nightmare Stacks: A Laundry Files novel
The Nightmare Stacks: A Laundry Files novel
by Charles Stross

3.0 out of 5 stars A bit of a disappointment, 1 July 2016
I love the Laundry Files series of books and I had this on pre-order so I could get it on release but I have found it really heavy going. I want to like it but I find myself reading a few pages and then putting it down again and I can't quite work out why. All the ingredients of the other books are there but there is no lightness of touch in bringing them together.

Death of a Cozy Writer: A St Just Mystery (A St. Just Mystery)
Death of a Cozy Writer: A St Just Mystery (A St. Just Mystery)

2.0 out of 5 stars Meh, 21 Jun. 2016
This verged on the silly, rather than the comic, for me. I won't be trying another one.

Beauty-You Women's Underbust Steel Boned Corset Vest Satin Lace Up Back Black UK Size 20-22
Offered by UK PNC Shopping Mall

4.0 out of 5 stars Lots of compliments in this, 21 Jun. 2016
Seriously, measure your waist and don't pay attention to the clothes sizing if you want to avoid a large gap in the back of the corset.

This is a boned, satin corset which I found comfortable to wear, had enough length to be flattering and didn't move around. As it is an inexpensive item I wore it lightly cinched, rather than as tight as I would wear a proper corset, but it is good quality, looks great and lasts well. I will get a good few wears out of this!

I was concerned that the ribbon lacing up the back would tighten down into an undoable knot while I was wearing the corset, but it was fine and there were no problems getting out of the item!

Moustache wax - The Audacious Beard Co
Moustache wax - The Audacious Beard Co
Offered by The Audacious Beard Co

3.0 out of 5 stars Did the job, but would have preferred it to last a bit longer., 21 Jun. 2016
I bought this to see if I could give a wiry greybeard a handlebar moustache for a Steampunk party. It was quite easy to apply, although quite a lot of it was needed to get a firm hold, but it didn't seem to last very long - certainly no more than an hour or two. The hair of the beard was grey, coarse and otherwise uncared for so I guess it just absorbed the wax. It was slightly disappointing but, on the other hand, I was a little worried how to get the wax out again and that fixed that problem - just a little soap and water was needed to get rid of the residue.

The overall effect was achieved and maybe it would last longer on a finer, sleeker haired man who nourishes his beard and 'tache.

ASVP Shop® Steampunk Goggles Cyber Welding Goth Cosplay Vintage Goggles Rustic Rave Party Fancy Dress Costume
Offered by ASVP Shop

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Fun, 19 Jun. 2016
I bought these as a Steampunk costume accessory and they were just dandy. Sturdy, with an elasticated headband, they were great either sitting around a hat or being worn. They set the outfit off and looked the biz!

Joyoldelf Silicone Wine Glasses 12oz, Set of 4 - Food Grade Clear Silicone & Dishwasher Safe- Red Wine or White Wine, Beer, Whiskey or Any Beverage - Will Never Break. 100% Shatterproof - Drinkware Set for Camping, BBQ, Party Cups, Poolside.
Offered by Joyoldelf

5.0 out of 5 stars Unbreakable glasses for grown-ups!, 19 Jun. 2016
I was fed up of drinking out of mugs, or children’s cups, when camping and decided to try these out as they are unbreakable, flexible, completely plain and decidedly more stylish!

These are more opaque than I expected, more of a frosted glass effect than translucent. Made of moulded silicone, which is about 3mm thick, they are pretty sturdy in use while still squishing down for packing. Because of the thickness they don’t go completely flat, but they don’t take up much space either. Before I bought them I was a little concerned about the possibility of picking up the glass, squeezing too hard and my drink flying everywhere - but I couldn’t do that on purpose, never mind by accident!

They went through the dishwasher with no ill effects.

Agile Product Management: Product Owner: 27 Tips To Manage Your Product And Work With Scrum Teams (scrum, scrum master, agile development, agile software development)

4.0 out of 5 stars Quite useful as a refresher, 13 Jun. 2016
I have worked in Agile projects before and was looking for a quick refresher on the role of the Product Owner that I could use on my Kindle. This gives a good overview of Agile and some handy pointers to the role of the PO, especially around visioning. Unfortunately the diagrams don't really work on the Kindle and it needs proofreading.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5