Profile for A Walker > Reviews

Content by A Walker

A Walker "Annie" (UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9
Adidas Women's Galaxy Trail W Dark Grey/Grey/Glow Orange Running Shoe 8 Women US
Offered by shoezoo uk

5.0 out of 5 stars Let your feet do the talking with these wonderful lightweight trainer shoe., 19 July 2017
Great walking shoe. Comoetitive price. Prompt delivery. True to photo colours which I love. Light on the feet with superb grip on the undersole. I have rather broad feet and they fit really comfortably. Highly recommend them.

Wedgwood - Jasper Conran, Mug 0.5ltr
Wedgwood - Jasper Conran, Mug 0.5ltr
Offered by Correct Way

5.0 out of 5 stars Great designed tea mug for the discerning thirsty tea drinker, 3 Jun. 2017
The mugs (I bought 2 because I broke my last one & wanted a spare - they are such excellent mugs), arrived promptly and well packaged to avoid breakages in the post. Superb quality and brilliant size so that I may indulge myself in my Chinese teas by the 1/2 litre! Highly recommend this mug and the trader whose prices were the best online at the time.

Before the Winter Chill
Before the Winter Chill
Dvd

5.0 out of 5 stars Tolerant wife of workaholic surgeon husband witnesses from the sidelines the disintegration of her long marriage, 30 May 2017
I'm a huge fan of Kristen Scott Thomas and she doesn't disappoint in this film centering around a mid life marital crisis. I found the back story entirely credible. Loved it.

Starfish
Starfish
Dvd

5.0 out of 5 stars Heartbreaking true story beautifully acted, directed & produced., 18 May 2017
This review is from: Starfish (Amazon Video)
Highly recommend this all human life family story about a life changing health incident which could have happened to anyone. I did not know this film but was persuaded to watch it from previous reviews which I found accurately portrayed Starfish in an unsentimental way. This family were all heroes in my opinion.

The Accountant
The Accountant
Dvd

5.0 out of 5 stars A thriller with twists & turns & violent scenes; the violence was an essential back story for me., 10 May 2017
This review is from: The Accountant (Amazon Video)
I am a female of retirement age. Squeamish when it comes to violent scenes in TV/cinema material. I chose to watch The Accountant because I rate Ben Affleck as a serious actor. The film gripped me from start to finish. It has a credible backstory about the misunderstandings some parents have in relation to parenting a young child with sn autistic spectrum disorder and the legacy for the child in adulthood. The violence is believable & essential to the story. I also loved the choice of music running through the film, particularly the final piece - a beautiful acoustic guitar backing the incredible singing voice of Sean Rowe- "To leave something behind". The lyrics were so apt - in particular to the end story & the final scenes. I highly recommend this film to anyone who enjoys a taut thriller.

A Very English Scandal: Sex, Lies and a Murder Plot at the Heart of the Establishment
Offered by Audible Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliantly written and a totally absorbing read., 2 May 2017
i am old enough to remember the actual timeline of the scandal and the trial. This book recaptures the significance of this scandal in the context of the political setting of the 60's. How Thorpe cultivated a seemingly highly regarded, respected, charming, erudite, supposedly trustworthy man and Politician to both his political colleagues and the public in general. I highly recommend this book for its beautifully written and most evocative narrative of the appalling scandal that really did shock people out of their complacency to trust unreservedly an English politician. I say English because Thorpe presented as a cultured and sophisticated English gent!

The Telegraph All New Cryptic Crosswords 6 (The Telegraph Puzzle Books)
The Telegraph All New Cryptic Crosswords 6 (The Telegraph Puzzle Books)
by THE TELEGRAPH

5.0 out of 5 stars an ideal book of cryptic crosswords for a beginner to the conundrum of solving a clue and expanding one's word power, 8 Feb. 2017
I bought this book to practice and learn how to complete cryptic crosswords after 30 years break from them. It is improving my levels of concentration, word power and moments in the day when all is quiet and reflective. Try it. Highly recommend this volume to exercise the grey cells for retirees like me.

Guided Mindfulness Meditation
Guided Mindfulness Meditation
by Jon Kabat-Zinn
Edition: Audio CD

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth every penny and worth finding the time to listen to the CD's., 8 Feb. 2017
I purchased this for a friend because they need to take a step back from all that is proving stressful to them. I have used the CD's on & off for 3 years. I try to keep to 2/3 times per week because I feel so calm afterwards and the deep breathing has enhanced my fitness levels. I highly recommend this set of CD's to anyone echo needs to step off the high octane of life and find some inner peace and feel in control again.

iPhone 6/6S Screen Protector-2pack
iPhone 6/6S Screen Protector-2pack
Offered by ESR Case EU Store

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product to protect iPhone Screenand user friendly installation., 25 Jan. 2017
Arrived promptly, well packaged and was exactly as described by trader. Very easy to use. Provides excellent protection for my iPhone screen. Highly recommend product & trader.

Battery Operated Waterproof Fairy Lights with 10M 100 Warm White LEDs
Battery Operated Waterproof Fairy Lights with 10M 100 Warm White LEDs
Offered by Golden Battery

5.0 out of 5 stars Create a soft magical light effect through trees or other garden planting with these excellent value fairy lights., 8 Dec. 2016
Fabulous outdoor lights. I purchased two sets which are draped around the bare branches of my 2 silver birch trees in my front garden. The soft lighting has created arxactly the effect I wanted. The lights can be set to come on automatically for 6 hours daily. They have proved to be resistant to the wet and freezing weather. They arrived well packaged, promptly and are a great value price. I highly recommend this seller and these lights.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9