Profile for Miss M > Reviews

Content by Miss M

Miss M (UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11
Thermaltake CA-1H1-00F6WN-00 Tower 900 E-ATX Case with Tempered Glass Sides - White
Offered by Advance Technologies

5.0 out of 5 stars Build Log., 8 Aug. 2017
Absolutely HUGE case.

I've decided to use Amazon as a build log, so this review will be updated and more pics added as I go along.

First impressions out of the box: Wow, this is big, I thought my ThermalTake P5 case was big, but wow, this is like a mini-fridge. It's also heavy, very heavy, and that's without any hardware in it (27Kg to be exact). The 5mm tempered glass will have something to do with that weight, but, my, does the glass look good! Has a slight tint to it too.

You get you bag of typical goodies included - Raisers screws for the mobo, spare case screws, standoffs, cable ties, a buzzer for the motherboard alarm etc. along with the User Manual. The manual seems good, nice illustrations, seems written in an easy to understand way.

There are two fans already installed in the top of the case (140 x 140 x 25mm) They are 1000rpm, I think I'll leave those in. As for the rest of the cooling system, and that's exactly what this beast of a case is built for, there is space in the back for 2 radiators to stand vertically at either side. The left side supports up to 480mm, and the right side supports up to 560mm. That's a lot of rad space and it's positioned perfectly in my opinion. However, I won't be using the maximum size on either side, I've opted for two 240mm radiators. I will have one on either side, and may eventually add a third 240mm rad and third pump/res so my CPU and both GPUs are all individually cooled on their own loops.

The space for the pump/res, are located at the front, and are situated like the radiators in the back, one on either side. It's not going to matter how big your reservoir is because as far as I know, they don't make any that would be too big. I'm going with two Thermaltake PR22 D5's - and possibly, in the future, a smaller pump/res combo to sit on the box in the middle of the case where the Thermaltake logo badge is. On the side of this box are two slots for SSDs, I've added mine in and uploaded a pic so you can see it. I think that was a nice place to put the brackets for them.

You can fit any motherboard you want in is, ATX, E-ATX, it even lists Mini and Micro ATX, but if you're putting a mini or Micro ATX mobo in this case I think it's going to look a bit out of place lol..... I've gone with the Gigabyte Z270X-DESIGNARE, I'm just waiting on my CPU to get here and then I'll fit that in and upload a pic. You'll need to install your CPU's waterblock before you screw your mobo on to the case, as the HDD bays in the back block access to the back of the motherboard. Or you could just remove the HDD bays, but that seems like a longer way around it, unless you're not keeping them in.

There are 4 x 3.0 USB connections on the front of the case, no 2.0s which is good as they aren't really needed these days. There is a bay on the front for a DVD/optical drive, or as I'm using it for, a fan controller.

Plenty of holes for cable management, plenty of space for everything, plenty of awesomeness, I love this case, and look forward to finishing my build with it.

More info and pics to come as I progress. Check back periodically if you're interested in updates. :) Happy building x

EDIT 1:
What I said about needing to put your CPUs waterblock on before you fit your mobo in was wrong, the back on the case is actually detachable with 4 thumb screws. Pic included.

EDIT 2:
Radiators added in the back, easy to fit in, plenty of space - No hassle.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Silentnight Supportive Memory Foam Core With Hollowfibre - Pillow - 2 Pack
Silentnight Supportive Memory Foam Core With Hollowfibre - Pillow - 2 Pack
Offered by Branded_Bedding

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for the price., 21 July 2017
For the price they're fine, they don't feel any different to normal pillows though, not sure how they're memory foam, but they're comfy enough I guess. Can't complain for how much I paid.

KLiving Luxury Charleston Cream Super King Bedding Duvet Cover
KLiving Luxury Charleston Cream Super King Bedding Duvet Cover
Offered by Lights and Linen

5.0 out of 5 stars Luxury at a decent price., 21 July 2017
Good quality, it reflects the price. The underside of it is nice on the skin, and the pattern on the outside seems well done, no loose threads, buttons seem like they're stitched on well enough. It's slightly larger than my super king size duvet so there's a slight gap at each side but that's fine, the duvet is brand new so maybe it just needs the feathers to settle a bit and it will spread and fit better. But overall, I have no complaints.

PLEMO Sleep Mask, Stylish Gel Eye Mask for Bedtime & Travel, Cool / Warm Therapy, Perfect for Insomnia, Puffy Eyes & Dark Circles
Offered by PLEMO UK

5.0 out of 5 stars British Psycho., 21 July 2017
In the morning, if my face is a little puffy, I'll put on an ice pack while doing my stomach crunches, I can do a thousand now.

This is a great ice pack for the price, Patrick Bateman would approve.

Doc Johnson Vac-U-Lock The Beauty With Supreme Harness Hot Pink
Doc Johnson Vac-U-Lock The Beauty With Supreme Harness Hot Pink

5.0 out of 5 stars Suck my ..., 15 July 2017
This is great, easy to put on, comfortable, turns my boyfriend in to my girlfriend.

Adobe Premiere Elements 15 Standard | PC | Download
Adobe Premiere Elements 15 Standard | PC | Download

5.0 out of 5 stars Good., 13 Jun. 2017
I find this really easy to use. It's a bare bones version of Premiere, but still has enough features for me to feel like it was worth the price. It's like a more advanced Windows movie maker, with more features, and is just as easy to use, the expert setting isn't that hard to get the hang of either. Handles 4K well. I bought this to try it out before I start paying Adobe a monthly subscription for their full professional programs. But I like this quite a lot.

Celestron Moon Filter
Celestron Moon Filter

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it., 13 Jun. 2017
Massively improved the quality of my lunar photography when used on the the Celestron Nexstar 6SE. Without this filter I used to have to mess around with the images in Photoshop for a while and lower the exposure and lighting. But with this, my photos come out great just straight from the camera.

Nescafé Original Coffee Granules, 1kg
Nescafé Original Coffee Granules, 1kg
Offered by EatBig Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars I hate Mondays, 13 Jun. 2017
I opened this and there was a 3 inch gap at the top, I filled it with boiling water and stirred the entire thing to a thick syrup like texture, I didn't even wait for it to cool, I just downed the whole thing in one. 0.002 nanoseconds later, everything went white, and I had what I believe to be an outer body experience. I floated out of my earthly vessel and began a journey through the cosmos at speeds that exceeded that of light. Passing stars, solar systems and super-clusters I eventually accelerated so much that I entered another dimension. Surrounded by 5D abstract shapes and a sound that shouldn't be possible for humans to hear, I was suspended in animation for what seemed to be a million lifetimes. Then as quick as it had started, I was back at my kitchen table, still hungover, still Monday morning.

Panasonic HC-X1000E 20x Optical Zoom Camcorder - Black
Panasonic HC-X1000E 20x Optical Zoom Camcorder - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it., 13 Jun. 2017
I bought this as an upgrade to my Canon 550D, it's my first proper Camcorder, and I'm by no means a professional, but this is so easy to use out of the box. I'd read that it wasn't very good in low light, and when I looked around my house with it as the sun was going down and there was a lot of shade, I was horrified, everything was pitch black on the screen. But then I hit the iA switch on the side and it auto-corrected the light setting and was actually pretty accurate to what I could see with my eyes, so I just need to practice with the manual settings and learn what I'm doing, but on auto, low light really isn't that bad in my opinion. I messed around the with the white balance, gain and shutter speeds for a bit after that and while I still don't quite understand everything, it's very easy to do, all have their own buttons on the camera body, so no fiddling through menus to change this.

As for the menu, it's very easy to navigate with the touch screen LCD and doesn't seem very complicated, it's pretty user friendly, even for a novice like me. Setting the time and date was a piece of cake, going in to the format menu was simple, setting frame rates and changing to 720p/1080p/4K etc. is easy.

The test footage I did came out absolutely beautiful, the anti-shaking thing works well unless you're fully zoomed in to x20 and then it does get a bit jerky, but that's to be expected. The sound isn't anything to rave about, it's actually really good if you're right in front of the camera but doesn't seem to have much range. It has an XLR port for external mics, and I plan on investing in one to compliment it.

It has slots for 2 SD cards, but be careful what cards you buy, mine says it's speed is incompatible, it's a class 10 and 85MB/s, it still lets me record with it, and looks great, but I'll need to buy a faster one for maximum quality, I'll probably invest in a Sandisk Extreme Pro 280MB/s to be safe.

I really love this Video camera. I recommend it.

Corsair CP-9020008-UK Professional Series Digital AX1200i ATX/EPS Fully Modular 80 PLUS Platinum Power Supply Unit, 1200 W

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing., 9 Jun. 2017
Amazing PSU, handles everything thrown at it. Granted it's probably overkill for a dual card set up with a single rad/res cooling system, but I like overkill. Future proofed for massive upgraded with this. It runs silently. Would recommend.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11