Profile for Doug > Reviews

Content by Doug

Doug "doogal4" (UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-18
TP-LINK Archer T8E AC1750 Dual Band Wireless PCI Express Adapter with three Antennas

5.0 out of 5 stars Performed faultlessly on Windows 10, 28 April 2016
I installed this card in my desktop PC 6 months ago, it has performed faultlessly. I note that some reviews report driver issues using it with Windows 10 but I have had no such problem. This is my setup:
Asus P8Z68-V PRO situated 25 feet and 2 walls away from router BT Home Hub 5
Windows 10 ver 1511, 64 bit with original TP-Link driver for Windows 8
BT Infinity 4, 300/30 mbs
Card and router using 5ghz 802.11 ac protocol on channel 48 achieving a steady throughput of 220 mbs
If there was any way of extending the 3 aerials about a foot higher the throughput would probably increase further but I'm happy.

[Top Rated Cable] Micro USB Cable RAVPower [5-Pack] in Assorted Lengths (1ft, 3ft X2, 6ft, & 10ft) High Speed USB 2.0 A Male to Micro B Sync and Charge Cables for Android Smartphones, PS4 Controller and More (Black)
Offered by Sunvalleytek-UK

Genuine Uwell Crown Sub tank
Genuine Uwell Crown Sub tank
Offered by vaporcombo

1.0 out of 5 stars My first stab at sub ohm vaping, 22 Mar. 2016
This was my first stab at sub ohm vaping after 7 years progressing from prefilled cartridges up to the superb Aspire Nautilus tank.
First stop was a box mod capable of providing the necessary power then this Uwell Crown sub tank. This is my experience with the Uwell.
Looks and feels like a quality, precision made device constructed mainly of well-polished stainless steel. Easy to disassemble/ assemble with fine but smooth machine threading meaning that parts screw together easily yet securely. All good so far.
Now the first filling with my favourite ejuice – blueberry VG 11mg. – following the included instruction to wet the atomizer first and close off the air control ring. Let it steep for an hour then first puff, but damn, juice leaking from the air holes! Google told me I was not alone and the community provided several possible solutions. First I replaced all of the o rings with the new ones provided, refilled but it still leaked. My 2-year-old Nautilus has never leaked to this day.
Finally, the fix that cured the problem. I completely disassembled the Uwell, o rings and all, thoroughly washed all the parts in hot water, carefully dried them and reassembled with the original o rings. There have been no leaks now through 20+ fillings leading me to believe that there had been some microscopic foreign matter preventing a seal originally.
In use I find that the tank performs superbly, clouds of vapour and a pure, sweet, untainted taste of blueberry that my Nautilus could never achieve. I am now vaping blueberry VG at 6% as the nicotine hit is too powerful at 11%.
I want to be still using this tank for some time to come so I have bought a few packets of replacement o rings, knowing that they all fail eventually.
All in all it’s an amazing tank and but for the initial leaking problem this would have been a 5 star review.

UPDATE 15/5/2016.
Sad to report my Uleakwell Crown is confined to experience now, I just can't stop it leaking. I've tried every remedy that Google has offered, sometimes it works for a day then leaks the next, no pattern to it. I now have a Joyetech Cubis, guaranteed no leaks and it's true.
Comment Comments (6) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 23, 2016 3:54 PM BST

PowerLead Bbat PLB002 3800mAh Backup External Rechargeable Battery Case Power Bank Cover Extended Charing Case For Samsung Galaxy S5(Black)
Offered by PowerLead-UK

1.0 out of 5 stars Performance not as advertised, 10 Mar. 2016
My review of the Power Case I bought recently:
The case itself is of good quality, the performance of the inbuilt battery is not as claimed. After several charge/ discharge cycles the results suggest that the battery’s capacity is around 1700mAh and not 3800mAh as in the description. With the Power Case fully charged, (in fact fully charged plus 4 more hours as the supplier suggested I try), and my S5 powered off at 20% charge, the Power Bank was exhausted when the S5 reached 80%.
Thinking that this was unfortunately a faulty example I found it curious that the supplier offered to refund £3 if I kept the item or a full refund if I returned it but did not offer a replacement which cannot be due to out of stock because they still offer it via Amazon.
I have returned the Power Case to Amazon who fulfilled my original order.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 22, 2016 7:50 AM BST

Pro Breeze 500ml Compact and Portable Mini Air Dehumidifier for Damp, Mould, Moisture in Home, Kitchen, Bedroom, Caravan, Office, Garage
Offered by The Body Source

5.0 out of 5 stars Recommended., 11 Feb. 2016
Compact, looks neat and it works. Recommended.

Russell Hobbs RHM2362B Microwave, 23 L - Black
Russell Hobbs RHM2362B Microwave, 23 L - Black
Offered by Electrical Shop

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent., 22 Dec. 2015
Just as described. Lots of features but we use the 'add 30 seconds' facility mostly.

Vax U86-AL-B Air Cordless Duo Vacuum Cleaner, 1 L - Silver/Blue
Vax U86-AL-B Air Cordless Duo Vacuum Cleaner, 1 L - Silver/Blue

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 22 Dec. 2015
Wow, just as per description. So convenient without trailing cable. When battery discharged 5 seconds to replace it with the other one. Especially like how quick and easy it is to remove the rotating brush for cleaning, no tools required.

A3 Size Picture Photo Poster Frame - Round D Shape Moulding - BLACK Colour Frame
Offered by 4Ever4Less

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent., 22 Dec. 2015
These frames look better than the price suggests. Bought 2 more.

Corona Corner TV Unit
Corona Corner TV Unit

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent., 22 Dec. 2015
Just as described, good looking piece of furniture. Assembly is straightforward but a power screwdriver eases the task, there are 76 screws! Price dropped by £10 after purchase, Amazon refunded, no quibble. (You have to ask them within 7 days).

Julian Bowen Marlborough Wall Mirror, Waxed Oak
Julian Bowen Marlborough Wall Mirror, Waxed Oak

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent., 22 Dec. 2015
Just as described, matches our fire surround. Can be fixed in portrait or landscape, embedded fixing fittings for both. Very heavy, needs substantial wall plugs.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-18