Profile for MRS C M DUNCAN > Reviews

Content by MRS C M DUNCAN

MRS C M DUNCAN "pinkpoppy" (Magherafelt, Londonderrry United Kingdom)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Call the Midwife - Series 2 [DVD]
Call the Midwife - Series 2 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Jessica Raine
Offered by rsdvd

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant I could not wait for this, 23 April 2013
having previously enjoyed the books and then series 1, 2 and the christmas special this was a must buy.It is nice to relax and choose my fav episodes and watch them again and again, Tears and laughter by a wonderful cast and so well writtenand acted.
Loved it .

Call The Midwife: The Album
Call The Midwife: The Album
Offered by mrtopseller

5.0 out of 5 stars Part of the series, 23 April 2013
I only bought it because of the series . I had read and enjoyed all the books first before both series and the christmas special .
I would not have bought it only for the link to the series which I enjoyed.
The music is enjoyable and mainly of the wonderful romantic era.

Cupcakes at Carrington's (Carrington's Book 1)
Cupcakes at Carrington's (Carrington's Book 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars improved as the book went on., 19 April 2013
Initially a bit boring so was not sure I was going to stick with it, then the storyline improved .
I was going to 3* rate it but the ending was brilliant. I just wish the whole book had been as good
There was a bit in the middle was was rather OTT and unbelievable which did spoil what could have been a good book, but the author redeemed herself at the end, though had a feeling this was her first book.
The book was about an old fashioned department store which takes a turn for the worse when a new member of staff is brought in She shakes everyone one up and no one trusts anyone .
A lot of wondering as to how things would wind up as many possibilities .

Midwife on Call
Midwife on Call
by Agnes Light

2.0 out of 5 stars one of the few books I was unable to finish ., 8 April 2013
This review is from: Midwife on Call (Paperback)
If you are expecting another Call the Midwife forget it.
This book was spoiled by the writer's (I can't use the term author)going on about her personal views on childbirth, rather than what happened.
Over and over again she kept making her outspoken person comments as to how she felt childbirth should be and focused little on the people . This spoiled the book for me and after yet another such outburst of how she felt I gave up.
She just kept repeating her own personal views on childbirth and feeding.
Felt if she had told the story differently without being repeatedly overbearing with her views it could have made a good book.
She came across as a horrid bossy woman who it was her way or no way.
As a mother I should point out that not all hospital births are wrong,they are in fact necessary to both mother and child in many cases which she fails to point out.
There is no characters worth in the book which is mainly about herself and her firm views.
It lacks a decent story line, and i was forced to give up and I could count the books I have not finished on one hand.
For me I was expecting so much and this was a big let down.
I am delighted that she was not my midwife .

The Fat Ladies Club: Facing the First Five Years: Facing the First Five Years
The Fat Ladies Club: Facing the First Five Years: Facing the First Five Years

5.0 out of 5 stars I really enjoyed this, 4 April 2013
Although my children are adults I found this an enjoyable book.
Five ladies who have nothing in common and who otherwise would not have met meet at an nhs antenatal class.
From pregnancy to just after the birth of their first children ,Hilary. Andrea Sarah, Lyndsey and Anette.
It is not a book factual stuff, but what really happened to five ladies who became friends as a result of their chance meeting.
A short book but a lovely one, packed with laughter and the odd tear .

One Day, Someday
One Day, Someday

2.0 out of 5 stars two and a half max ., 4 April 2013
This review is from: One Day, Someday (Kindle Edition)
I had hoped this would be a good interesting read, but sadly it was not to be.
Boring and badly written to the point where I asked myself how could the author have managed to get this published.
She over described in detail trivial things hence the boring bit. It was so obvious from early in the book who Lu would end up with. Some characters just not believable so removed any interest to the book.
I would not even suggest this as a holiday read.
If you have lots of free time and get it free then do give it a try , but to be honest it is best left on the shelf or in kindle store .
I would not read any more books by her (thats if she has managed to get any more published )

The Sugar Girls: Tales of Hardship, Love and Happiness in Tate & Lyle's East End

5.0 out of 5 stars A classic, 15 Feb. 2013
This is a well written book of several girls who worked in the famous Tate and Lyle sugar factories
The girls were not friends but were just four of the many people who happened to work there .
Each of their stories are very different and each equally enjoyable .
The book is a deep book uncovering so many details and emotions
It is a must read and highly recommended .
I loved it I could see this as a tv series .

SHABBY DESIGNER FREE SPIRIT TANYA WHELEN BAREFOOT ROSES 100 % COTTON FAT QUARTER BUNDLE 5 X FABRIC SQUARES RETRO CLASSIC PINK ROSES , ROSE TICKING , GREEN , CREAM , PINK POLKA DOT SPOTS QUILTING CRAFT PATCHWORK CHIC STYLE DRESS BAG MAKING GIFT PACK BRAND NEW 18" X 22"

5.0 out of 5 stars such pretty fabric, 15 Feb. 2013
I bought this as it looked pretty no real reason
I have used some of it.
It is good quality and I may purchase again

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty, 15 Feb. 2013
these were a present but do not justify their cost.
They are pretty and reconised as the brand but not practical .

The History of the Modern World: from 1900 to the Present Day
The History of the Modern World: from 1900 to the Present Day
by Grant Laing Partenership

5.0 out of 5 stars an interesting book, 15 Feb. 2013
I bought this as a gift as we thought it would be suitable for a teenage boy who likes history .

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5