Profile for SLB > Reviews

SLB

The Amazeballs Fairground -Desktop Marble Run
The Amazeballs Fairground -Desktop Marble Run

4.0 out of 5 stars Good buy, 10 July 2015
Its small, but works fine and amuses my son. It looks fragile but is actually quite robust.

Leapster L-MAX Hardware (TV Feature)
Leapster L-MAX Hardware (TV Feature)

3.0 out of 5 stars Chunky, robust frame but screen broke after prolonged use, 13 May 2013
We had a lot of use out of this. Great educational games for little ones. Easy to use. Only criticism is the screen eventually became less sensitive to the pen over time and then the screen finally wouldn't work or display correctly. Note this was after a lot of use by a 5 and 3 year old.

Gumdrop Drop Tech Series Case for the New iPad 3 and iPad 2 - Black/Red
Gumdrop Drop Tech Series Case for the New iPad 3 and iPad 2 - Black/Red
Offered by Decold

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as tough as claims, 7 Mar. 2013
I thought this was one of the toughest cases on the market. My kids cracked the screen across the ipad within 6 months.
It certainly provides better protection than average but is not as childproof as claimed

KLOO's Learn to Speak French Language Board Game - Race to Paris
KLOO's Learn to Speak French Language Board Game - Race to Paris
Offered by KLOO Games

3.0 out of 5 stars Rules a little diificult at first but good to get kids interested in language, 7 Mar. 2013
I found the rules a little difficult to get to grips with. There are apparently some useful videos on the kloo website on how to play which I will look at. I have a small gripe with the pieces...the cards are very good quality but the little coloured racing cars are plastic and a bit cheap. I wanted the game to support my daughter who is starting to learn French at school and its been useful for that (and brush up my own).

Universal Stabilisers
Universal Stabilisers
Offered by bikes4life limited

2.0 out of 5 stars Parts missing, 16 Nov. 2012
This review is from: Universal Stabilisers (Sports)
Bought this for a 9 year old with special needs who needs stabilisers for a bigger bike. They just about work, but do not stand parallel to the back tyre. meaning that the stabilisers do not run smoothly and are wearing down on the outside. More importantly the bolt extenders supplied were not long enough and when I asked the supplier for ones that would work I was still sent ones that were too short. They havent realy worked for us due to this. The design is OK but it doesnt work properly on every bike.

Tom Trueheart & The Land of Myths & Legends
Tom Trueheart & The Land of Myths & Legends
by Ian Beck

3.0 out of 5 stars Good, but the first two books were better, 16 Nov. 2012
My daughter loved the first two books, but is struggling with the motivation to finish this one. There seems to be more long descriptive sections with little dialogue, which I think she finds less interesting. Still a good book though and worth buying if you want to know how the trilogy ends.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Great buoyancy aid for children, 20 Mar. 2012
Bought this for my son, who can't swim. It's very good and adjustable by taking out different foam pads so good for encouraging them to swim. Zip is good quality. We have used it loads, so recommended. Not sure on the sizeing though. Our tall son, was too big for the strap that goes around the crutch when he was 8 and its too small for him but just about still usable now he's 9 and a half, (but looks like half a vest in length).

Ravensburger Think Fun 36 cube
Ravensburger Think Fun 36 cube

5.0 out of 5 stars The new rubiks cube, 20 Mar. 2012
Bought this for an adult brother and has occupied him for hours. It's very easy to have a go, but very difficult to complete. However it is cleverly designed that you can reach different levels of achievement depending on how close you get to the completed puzzle. None of us have managed to complete it yet, but is very addictive, so we all keep trying. Great for both adults and older kids who like a challenge.