Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Content by Amazon Customer

Amazon Customer "Skuber" (A Galaxy far, far away...)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
The Guns of Avalon: Book Two (The Chronicles of Amber 2)
The Guns of Avalon: Book Two (The Chronicles of Amber 2)

4.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, 12 Aug. 2016
Read it many times glad it's now on Kindle. An absolute classic.
Slightly annoyed as it seems the next book is not on Kindle though. ..

Hannspree HannsPad 10.1 inch Tablet PC (ARM Cortex A9 1GHz, 512 MB RAM, 16 GB Storage, WLAN, BT, Android 2.2)

1.0 out of 5 stars A Great Tablet beset by problems, 10 Aug. 2016
Looking at the reviews for this tablet, it's basically split into lots of people who think its wonderful, and lots of people who think it's terrible.
You need to understand that this is an excellent tablet on paper, a decent processor and a great IPS display.

However...

Hanspree has not done it's homework. About HALF of them are duffers.

My tablet worked out of the box, I then put it on charge and it would not turn on.. AT ALL.
Next day, I tried again and it powered up, but it had lost half of the apps I installed.

I reinstalled the apps, powered down, then powered up, and it lost the apps again!
I powered down and up, and it then hung at the very first screen!
After about an hour of forced restarts, it booted up but half of the services did not work on it.

I fiannly performed a factory reset. After that it booted up once but had problems on power down.
I then finally got it to work and reinstalled all of my apps again.
... Which it then promptly lost the next day.

Why, you may ask, haven't you sent it back yet?
The reason is, because when it works, it's a GREAT tablet!
But, Oh My Goodness, it's unusable now as it is completely unreliable.
I'm going to send it back.

So, buyer beware, it's a lottery on whether or not you get a good one.

I've searched around the internet, see HANSPREE POWER PROBLEMS - apparently, Hanspree has installed a default version of Android that is not customized to their hardware. They have not spent the time to get it right... And it shows.

You can root the thing and install a custom ROM, but I won't do that, it's too risky for me.
I'm just going to send the darn thing back.

24 x Self Making Animal Head Balloons - REFERENCE PBF185
24 x Self Making Animal Head Balloons - REFERENCE PBF185
Offered by EJ Supplies

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for party bags!, 29 Jan. 2016
I haven't blown these balloons up yet but so far I am extremely pleased. Each balloon in individually packaged with the eyes, nose and feet. My daughter is so excited about them. They will be perfect for party bags...love them!

Q-module 495 mm Integrated Linear Lead-screw system - 1 set
Q-module 495 mm Integrated Linear Lead-screw system - 1 set

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Value very accurate lead screw assembly - just takes a while to arrive, 28 Oct. 2015
This took a while to turn up, but when it did it was worth it.

I ordered this because I am building a 3D printer and I needed a 500mm z-axis.
It does not need to take a lot of weight, but it does need to be accurate.

This does the job. The backbone of the actuator is 20-20 aluminium profile, which is exactly what I'm using to build the printer. This is great as I have loads of fixings to attach it to my frame.

The square plastic carriage is made of high density plastic (delrin?), with an anti-backlash grub screw. It has four M5 threaded holes in it, in a square about 35mm apart. The two white end bearings are made of delrin with non-threaded holes.

The lead screw is M6.

I have found it to be of good quality, and the screw pitch allows a very fine and accurate movement of the Z-Axis.

Although lighter duty than an M8 leadscrew, I do not need a heavier assembly. It offers the best value for money of a linear assembly I have found on the internet and is a perfect component for my printer.

Kinivo 501BN Premium 5 port High speed HDMI switch with IR wireless remote and AC Power adapter - supports 3D, 1080p
Offered by BlueRigger LLC

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty Good except for Xbox One minor Issues, 28 Oct. 2015
This switch box is great - it has 5 inputs and one output, and was just the ticket for plugging the Xbox One, the Sky box and my son's new WiiU into a single HDMI output.
It has nice lights that show blue/red depending on inputs, and it has a remote control to switch between inputs.

I would like to have seen a HDMI cable in the box, as you will need an extra cable to link between the switch and the TV.

In terms of auto-switching, it was pretty good. With Sky TV on, when we switch on the Wii U it automatically switches to that.
Unfortunately, when you turn off the Wii U, it does not go back to Sky, it switches over to the Xbox One input.

For some reason, the switch thinks the Xbox One is active even when the console is on standby. This is annoying since it will auto switch to the blank screen, plus it does not auto-switch to the Xbox when you turn it on because it thinks it is already on. You can switch with the button or the remote control, so it's not the end of the world.

It's a bit of a shame though, and I know I will lose the remote controller in one week, so that's why I've knocked off one star.

Overall, pretty good, Does most of the job I need it to do :-)

Star Wars: Kenobi
Star Wars: Kenobi

1.0 out of 5 stars One of the dullest Star Wars books I have ever read., 12 Oct. 2015
This review is from: Star Wars: Kenobi (Kindle Edition)
Zzzzz...

Wha? What? Sorry, the first half of this book is so boring I keep falling aslee....

Sorry, I did it again!
If you can persevere with the first half of this dull book, which really concerns the edifying intricacies of survival as a moisture farmer on Tatooine, then you will eventually get to the 'interesting' part of the book - the last part of the story.

This is a fairly dull, pointless story. It doesn't add the the body of knowledge about Star Wars, or Obi-Wan. In fact, 90% of the story is not really about Ben, it's about the Tatooine settlers.

If you are really, really, really desperate for a story about Ben Kenobi, or, if you can't sleep at night, then this book would still be a poor choice!
Otherwise, save your money for something more interesting.

CiT 2017 MIDI Case with No Power Supply Unit - Black
CiT 2017 MIDI Case with No Power Supply Unit - Black
Offered by Computer Technology Stoke on Trent (Est 1992)

3.0 out of 5 stars Good Value but Flimsy, 12 Oct. 2015
This case represents good value for money.
I found the whole thing to be very flimsy and the front panels in particular will come off at the drop of a hat.

Suitable for a server or a 2nd PC, probably not for your fancy gaming build.

CiT 400W 12cm Silent Fan Dual Rail Power Supply - Black Edition
CiT 400W 12cm Silent Fan Dual Rail Power Supply - Black Edition

5.0 out of 5 stars Quietly does what it says on the tin., 12 Oct. 2015
I am using this as a PSU for a 3D printer - so not the regular use of a PSU.

However, this PSU provides all the power I need across the 12 and 5 volt leads.
It has been reliable so far.

And - best of all - it is virtually silent! I'm not applying a heavy load to it at the moment, so it may get noisier on load, but right now it is so silent I don't know it is running.

So, I'm very happy. Great value and very quiet, ticks all the boxes.

Mini USB Bluetooth 4.0 Dongle Adapter For PC Laptop (Square) **Compatible with Window XP / Vista / 7 (32-Bit + 64-Bit) / 8 (32-Bit + 64-Bit) /8.1/10 Black
Offered by CAMAC ô (Ceed Cable)

3.0 out of 5 stars WINDOWS 7 INSTALL PROBLEMS, 18 Feb. 2015
I am running Windows 7 and this product did not install 'out of the box'.
Since there are no instructions, it nearly got sent back until I read Rob P's review above.
I have now installed the driver using Bluetooth installer dot com and it appears to be working.

If you cannot see the 'Bluetooth device enumerator' in Windows device manager or your bluetooth dongle does not have a flashing light, then this might be your problem. My headphones are still losing the paring at the moment, but I don't know if this is a problem with the dongle or the phones (although the headphones paired successfully to my Samsung smart phone).

I would say, try another device. This is not the cheapest and not the easiest to use either.

Keel Toys 30cm Chocolate Labrador
Keel Toys 30cm Chocolate Labrador
Offered by MMP Living

5.0 out of 5 stars Cute and Cuddly, 20 Jan. 2015
Bought this for Secret Santa, the recipient loved it!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3