Profile for Ema Brunton > Reviews

Content by Ema Brunton

Ema Brunton "Emmy" (Kent UK)

Memoirs of a Geisha [DVD]
Memoirs of a Geisha [DVD]
Dvd ~ Suzuka Ohgo
Offered by A ENTERTAINMENT

5.0 out of 5 stars amazing film - really good watch, 13 Feb. 2007
This review is from: Memoirs of a Geisha [DVD] (DVD)
shot so well, a brilliant storyline and a history lesson at the same time, phenominal costumes and superb acting.

Before I saw this film I had no idea what a Geisha was really and it opened my eyes to the true beauty and talent of these young women. I really enjoyed learning more about the culture and how some of the Geisha's ended up in this life.

thoroughly enjoying but somewhat sad in parts. A must see for anyone it is a long film but it flies over!

Severance [DVD] [2006]
Severance [DVD] [2006]
Dvd ~ Danny Dyer
Offered by ReNew Entertainment

4.0 out of 5 stars funny and scary? a weird combination - but it works!, 25 Jan. 2007
This review is from: Severance [DVD] [2006] (DVD)
I started off not knowing anything about this film, I just thought it was a horror. But with Danny Dyer in it I thought "there must be a tinge of comedy!" there was! Based on an office team building trip to a "luxury" lodge in hungary the plot unfolds to be a lot more sinister when the bus driver refuses to take a detour but the language barrier causes problems and they are forced to stay in a weird looking "lodge" the plot thickens and so does the comedy with some great horror film cliche's and some grusome scenes I was rolling about all over the floor!

This is not to be missed!

The Incredibles (2-disc Collector's Edition) [DVD] [2004]
The Incredibles (2-disc Collector's Edition) [DVD] [2004]
Dvd ~ Craig T. Nelson
Offered by DVDBayFBA

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Surprising - a film the boys/girls/mums and dads can enjoy!, 25 Jan. 2007
To be honest I thought this film would be too much of a kids film to enjoy with my boyfreind but with the plot being based around a family's problems it was a great watch. Loads of action, funny scenes, some clever adult humour, brilliant gadgetery and great animation. quite stylised too! kept me entertained the full hour and half!

Overall I would reccommend this film to anyone!

The Constant Gardener [DVD] [2005]
The Constant Gardener [DVD] [2005]
Dvd ~ Ralph Fiennes
Offered by Discs4all

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Dark and moving - Very British film :), 10 Jan. 2007
This was not was I was expecting at all, but it was a great surprise. This film is hard hitting, emotional and makes you realise just how many government conspiracies there could be. This film is about a couples struggle in love and in their work (one an aids worker in africa, the other a government diplomat).

I would reccommend this film to anyone I'm 24 and thought it was really good.

Takes a little while to get going but once it does, you will love it.