Profile for Yua San > Reviews

Content by Yua San

Yua San (UK)

Canon EOS 100D Digital SLR Camera (EF-S 18-55 mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM Lens, 18 MP, CMOS Sensor, 3 inch LCD)

5.0 out of 5 stars Good introduction to Canon DSLR photography, 29 Dec. 2015
This is my first DSLR camera and I'm really pleased with it so far. I'd definitely recommend it if you're starting out with using DSLRs at it's a comfortable camera to use to begin with. I liked it as it felt like a good weight and not too bulky when carrying it around. Like any Canon you can interchange the lenses for various ones - good if someone you know also has a canon as you can share lenses.

It's relatively easy to use, although I'd recommend having a look at some online tutorials to really get the best use out of the camera. There are some lovely settings but unless you know the basics in changing the ISO, Aperture etc, it's not always worth the cost of buying a DSLR as there are many wonderful point and click cameras that can do all this for you. The touch screen is a nice feature, however the screen itself does not pull out as it does in some more expensive models.

The standard 18-55mm lens that comes with the camera is a good lens to start out with if you don't already own any. I've since switched to using a wide-angle as I predominantly use my camera for landscape photography, however this one is ideal for getting to know the camera and can still take some nice photos of the area around you or of people.

I disagree with the price on here - I bought the camera for £270 earlier in the year and even then it was reduced from RRP £400. I'm not 100% certain it's ever been sold for the £700 that is currently being advertised as the RRP. I'd expect much more from a Canon advertised at £700 originally - such as the 750D model.

Overall though I do recommend this is a good starter DSLR.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 22, 2016 2:27 PM GMT

Thermos 187011 Thermocafe Hammertone Stainless Steel Flask - 500 ml
Thermos 187011 Thermocafe Hammertone Stainless Steel Flask - 500 ml

4.0 out of 5 stars Handy for work, 8 Oct. 2014
Perfect for it's purpose, I usually fill it with tea or coffee at around 7am and it's still a reasonable temperature by 4pm.

OVEN PRIDE OVEN CLEANER 580013
OVEN PRIDE OVEN CLEANER 580013

2.0 out of 5 stars Word of Warning, 8 Oct. 2014
It does the job but do be very careful - we couldn't find anywhere on the packaging that warns you but we carefully sealed and left the bag on the granite kitchen work surface overnight since it suggests an overnight soak. Came back the next morning to find bag had leaked and the chemicals had bleached the work surface. Nothing inside the bag had sharp edges so we don't know why the bag leaked. Unfortunately we rent, so we're now in trouble with our landlord and face a hefty bill.

However, if you make sure you leave the bag somewhere safe (the sink perhaps? or even in the oven) then it definitely does the job. Bright side being that the items were mostly clean.

Rosemary Conley - Ultimate Whole Body Workout [DVD]
Rosemary Conley - Ultimate Whole Body Workout [DVD]
Dvd ~ Rosemary Conley
Offered by A ENTERTAINMENT

5.0 out of 5 stars Great to start out with., 16 May 2012
I agree that for the more experienced person that this video might not provide an intense enough routine. However I've only begun to get a good routine going for the past 2 months, and so far have felt that this DVD complements my level. Having owned some of her videos as a child, I recognised much of her routine, but still enjoyed the work-out and definitely broke into a sweat. Would definitely recommend this to those starting out or who struggle with the more intense fitness videos out there.

DuckTales - First Collection [DVD]
DuckTales - First Collection [DVD]
Dvd ~ Ducktales

4.0 out of 5 stars Ducktales boxset, 22 May 2010
Whilst I grew up watching Ducktales I was very disappointed upon buying the UK release of season 1 to discover that the first 5 episodes, including the pilot episode were missing. Whilst this is not amazon's fault, for some reason the dvd boxset here was produced to not include these episodes, I do wish I'd known before hand. However that can be credited to my own fault for not looking this up. Despite this, I still enjoyed the other episodes as it took me back. If you're willing to look past the missing episodes then it's definitely worth the buy!