Profile for Tony B > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Rivers of London: The First PC Grant Mystery: 1
Rivers of London: The First PC Grant Mystery: 1
by Ben Aaronovitch

5.0 out of 5 stars Heard about this on a BBC radio proggrame, I've ..., 8 Dec. 2015
Heard about this on a BBC radio proggrame, I've now got hooked on the sries. Bizzare, cleverly writen, Fantasy meets the Bill, and it works.

Whispers Under Ground (PC Grant)
Whispers Under Ground (PC Grant)
by Ben Aaronovitch

5.0 out of 5 stars Intresting and entertaining, 8 Dec. 2015
Getting really into this series.

The Man in the High Castle: Paperback
The Man in the High Castle: Paperback
by Philip K. Dick

3.0 out of 5 stars You'd need a great knowledge of ancinet Chinese and Japanese culture to understnd ..., 8 Dec. 2015
How Amazon can make a TV series from this I wonder. Phillip K Dick was in the jargon of the '60's 'Out Ther', but most of the book is about I cheng. You'd need a great knowledge of ancinet Chinese and Japanese culture to understnd it properly, neither of which I pocess.

The Man from U.N.C.L.E. [DVD]
The Man from U.N.C.L.E. [DVD]
Dvd ~ Henry Cavill
Offered by DVD Overstocks

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful except one ernomous mistake!, 8 Dec. 2015
Witty, entertaning, has a dark streack though. Reminisent of the proper old James Bond films. The collection of vehicles will have you drooling. Just one unforgivable Howler! Despite the atention to detail the Land Rover is a Series 3 post 1970, headlights in the wingss! Shoot the set designer!

World War I Battlefield Artillery Tactics (Elite)
World War I Battlefield Artillery Tactics (Elite)
by Dale Clarke

5.0 out of 5 stars Very useful book, 2 Mar. 2015
I found this a great help in undersatnding how artillery plans worked in relation to attack plans. Which is a vital knowledge to amke sense of the Great War.

Saint Leibowitz and the Wild Horse Woman
Saint Leibowitz and the Wild Horse Woman
by Walter M. Miller Jr

4.0 out of 5 stars Do I like it, ot not?, 2 Mar. 2015
This is a very quirky book. Based in the USA following a nuclear war society reverts to a medieval type of existence where the church regains its grip on society. I've given it four stars, but wether I can say I like it, is dubious. I do keep reading it and prising thoughts out of it each time. Definitley not a chewing gum read.

Crime and Punishment
Crime and Punishment
by G.F. Newman

1.0 out of 5 stars The pictures are much better on radio, 2 Mar. 2015
This review is from: Crime and Punishment (Paperback)
I heard the recent BBC radio 4 adaption of the novel and was intrigued, I wanted to read the deatil that an adaption by nesssicity leaves out. I will make it celar from the start I have the Kindle editions of both the boks, the print version may be diffrent, but honestly, I won't be wasting the money to find out. The story is more like a precis of book. The carachters are so shallow they evaporate. There is mention of histroical carechterters such as Rackman, the Kray twins and the Richardsons, with no deatil as to how they fit the scenario. To anyone under the age of about 70 these names will mean nothing. The second question is why two volumes? There isn't enough plot to make a short story. I can only think if these books were presented to a publisher by a new authour, a polite decline, with much laughter in the office would be the answer.

FIRST ENCOUNTERS ~ Bronze Horse & Dog Sculpture by David Geenty
FIRST ENCOUNTERS ~ Bronze Horse & Dog Sculpture by David Geenty
Offered by Hands and Heels

5.0 out of 5 stars The pose and sense of suprise of the figures make it a joy to look at, 25 Dec. 2014
The first time the picture of this sculpture caught my eye, it seemed right. Now having seen it and handled it, it is. The pose and sense of suprise of the figures make it a joy to look at.

Beneath Hill 60 [DVD] [2010]
Beneath Hill 60 [DVD] [2010]
Dvd ~ Brendan Cowell
Offered by DVDBayFBA

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful tribute to exceptional men., 25 Dec. 2014
This review is from: Beneath Hill 60 [DVD] [2010] (DVD)
I know the site of Hill 60 quite well. A very undistingushed lump of spoil from a railway cutting, as stated by one carechter in the film 'Is that it?' But tread carfully, you don't know who you are treading on!
This is a superb film, very understaed, beatiffuly made, exact in detail and totally absorbing. Having watched it, I now have a better idea how it must have been at Hellfire Corner, and down the tunnels. I wouldn't have wanted to be there. If ytou are planning a visit to the area, this film will give more understanding tha any book.

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars Excellent phone, though maual is very poor, 2 Dec. 2014
Excellent phone, though maual is very poor. The main concern to me was the charger supplied. On second use the charger emitted a loud pop, smell of burning and blew trip on ring main. Both supplier and Amazon have been informed, but I'd expect a fast reply from supplier, so far none after five days.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5