Profile for Lazy Kipper > Reviews

Content by Lazy Kipper

Lazy Kipper (Gateshead, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
The Well-Digger's Daughter [DVD]
The Well-Digger's Daughter [DVD]
Dvd ~ Daniel Auteuil

3.0 out of 5 stars A bit boring, 17 Nov. 2015
Nothing startling - a pleasant story, predictable and a well-worn storyline. This isn't a problem if the film says something new or says it in a new way, but sadly this one didn't. However it's not offensive in any way, though the happy endings are a bit contrived.

Andrew James Premium Slow Cooker with Tempered Glass Lid Removable Ceramic Inner Bowl and Three Temperature Settings (1.5 Litre, Red)
Offered by Andrew James UK LTD

5.0 out of 5 stars Hey, good-lookin', wotcha got cookin' . . . ?, 8 Oct. 2015
Have just taken delivery of this as a replacement for a Lakeland Plastics one we've used for years (I dropped the lid and smashed it and they don't make that tiny weeny model any more, so treated myself to this one).

It. Is. BEAUTIFUL!

Sounds daft, but it really is an attractive piece of kitchen kit. I've got a small bacon joint in it even as I type and am more excited than any grown woman has a right to be. All of my 5-star review is based on its appearance (I know - I'm shallow as hell), but I've got an Andrew James halogen oven, and both the oven and the service from Andrew James have been second to none, so I don't have any reservations. If it does anything awful I'll downgrade it - if it ain't downgraded, take it from me that it's doing a good job!

UPDATE: This has been used every day since we got it and has performed very, very well indeed.

River Of Time
River Of Time

5.0 out of 5 stars A warts and all account, 6 Oct. 2015
This review is from: River Of Time (Kindle Edition)
This book is superb - well-written (as you would expect) poignant and an incredible document covering a westerner's point of view of Cambodia before, to a degree during, and then after the Pol Pot regime. Jon Swain doesn't paint a picture of the Kampucheans as being some sort of innocent flower people - rather he shows them as they were and are - real human beings, incredibly courageous, incredibly flawed (as are we all) and at the mercy of a brutal dictatorship. And as with many dictatorships, when the conflict was over, the guilty parties largely strolled away with huge bank balances while the ordinary people continued to suffer. The cultural changes have all been for the worse - when the K'mer Rouge were gone, the Americans moved in importing their own culture which is fine for their own country but totally inappropriate for an eastern one. The good things that might have been saved were lost. It seems that there will be no easy way back for this tortured land and these suffering people. Very, very sad,

Animal Colouring Book for Adults: Raining Cats and Dogs: Beautiful Cats and Dogs Colouring Book Adventure for Adults and Teens: Volume 1 (Cats ... Book, Animal Colouring Book for Adults)
by Bella Mosley

1.0 out of 5 stars Pathetic!, 12 Sept. 2015
This is very disappointing. The reviews for this colouring book were excellent, so I bought it for a friend as part of a gift - but to be honest, it will be going as a tombola prize or to a charity shop. When I looked through it, the pictures were awful! There are a bout three which are worthwhile - all of the others are complete and utter carp - all I can think is that previous reviewers must not be a very demanding bunch - easily pleased . . .

The only reason I haven't returned it is because it is as expensive to return as to keep. I might as well let some charity benefit from it as just send it back for re-sale.

Awful rubbish!

The Love Song of Miss Queenie Hennessy
The Love Song of Miss Queenie Hennessy

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful - just beautiful., 3 Sept. 2015
After Harold Fry, I, like many other longed to know more of the story - and this book did not disappoint.

It is a real love story - and wonderful, inspiring and touching account of real love - not sex, or infatuation, but LOVE. It both broke my heart and healed it by turns. Others have written about the story, all I'm doing is saying what I thought of it - it was AMAZING!

Well-Goal 50 Pieces Sunflower Artificial Silk Flower Heads Craft Wedding Party Home Decor
Offered by Gyue

3.0 out of 5 stars Daisy, Daisy . . ., 26 April 2015
Arrived within date - just! Some flowers are damaged - they looked "nibbled" which led me to worry that some strange and possibly virulent oriental insect had been trapped in the envelope. For the price they are ok - I just want them to do a children's activity at church - but if I wanted them for display purposes, I would have been a little disappointed. The yellow shade varies among the flowers - the dye is not uniform and some are much deeper yellow than others.

10pcs Classic White Purple Pink Lvory Beige Rose Flowers for Wedding Bridesmaid Bridal Bouquets Artificial (Ivory)
Offered by LT-Giant.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value!, 11 April 2015
Ordered two packs of these for a church altar display. They arrived very quickly and are absolutely amazing for the price. As others have said, they arrived a little squashed, and it was my intention to do as another purchaser advised and put them under the cold tap and re-shape them. However, I got them all out and was distracted by something else - by the time I got back a couple of hours later they had "puffed out" and resumed their shape. Absolutely splendid.

I will certainly buy again from this seller.

Vim Classic Scourer (Pack of 8)
Vim Classic Scourer (Pack of 8)
Offered by Groceries R US

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent old-fashioned cleaner that really works., 31 Mar. 2015
Hard to get hold of in the shops - this and Ajax are the most effective household cleaners I ever use. Brilliant for mould marks between tiles in bathrooms.

Vileda Scrubbing Brush
Vileda Scrubbing Brush
Offered by CKONE

5.0 out of 5 stars Not to be brushed aside, 31 Mar. 2015
Excellent little scrubbing brush - very effective and comfortable to grip. Design has a hole in the plastic at one end, so that you can hang it to dry rater than leaving it flat.

Memory foam offcut. Dog beds, cushion, mattress etc. 3 inch thickness
Memory foam offcut. Dog beds, cushion, mattress etc. 3 inch thickness
Offered by Startextile (Pvt) Limited

5.0 out of 5 stars Sweet dreams are made of this. . . ., 28 Mar. 2015
Excellent value - a good, thick piece of foam. Our staffie (a little hothouse flower who is normally like the princess with the pea when it comes to trying to get her bed comfortable) absolutely loves it and hasn't even made any attempt to chew it. She just lies on top, instantly comfy, it seems, and we put her duvet over her and tuck it in for draughts (yes, I know - we are sad cases) and she has to be dragged out of it to get a wee in the morning. We also have two cats, and they go into her bed and snuggle on it when they get the chance. I made a little cover for it to protect it from grime, and it's lovely for her.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20