Profile for Russell G. Pottinger > Reviews

Content by Russell G. Pot...

Russell G. Pottinger (Dundee)
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Arsuxeo Baggy Shorts Cycling Bicycle Bike MTB Pants Shorts Breathable Loose Fit Casual Outdoor Cycling Running Clothes Polyamide Lycra with Zippered Pockets
Offered by Lixada-UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice light material, 22 July 2016
Nice light material, with plenty of give in it. Good velcro fitting options around the waist so you can adjust it to you size relatively easily.
Also has loads of pockets, so can carry keys, wallet, phone, etc. without any issue.

Rokit Professional Twin Kit Gel Polish
Rokit Professional Twin Kit Gel Polish
Offered by Worth-a-Glance

4.0 out of 5 stars Good results, nice kit, 22 July 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
So this is for a friend as my nails wouldn't really suit the polishes on offer.

In the kit you get the UV light (powered from the mains), 2 bright colours of polish (postbox red and shock pink), a cleaning liquid to remove the grease and dirt from your nails before application, and a few wipes to clean off any last remnants before application.

Once you have cleaned the nails then you need to apply the colour of your choice. The liquid is quite thick and seems to coat well, and the colour is pretty powerful. Do the 4 fingers and then put the hand under the light and press the button once, and the UV light will come on for 1 minute. The liquid will harden in that minute, and to be honest it looked pretty good after 1 coat, but it recommends 2 coats. The 2nd time you press the button twice to get a 2 minute timer on it.

My friend has had it on for a couple of days now and she seems to be quite happy with it, and it doesn't appear to chip too easily.

If you are looking to do gel polish at home then this kit seems to be pretty good, although you do need a steady hand to apply it :)

USN BCAA Power Punch Performance and Stamina Drink Powder, Tangerine - 400 g
USN BCAA Power Punch Performance and Stamina Drink Powder, Tangerine - 400 g

4.0 out of 5 stars Seems to give me a little extra energy, 21 July 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have now tried this a few times before and during exercise and it seems to work ok.

I tried it as a pre-workout drink before hitting the gym (treadmills, bike and light weights) and to be honest it is slightly too much to drink pre-workout. It did seem to give me a little bit extra during the workout, but I am not sure if that was all in my head or an actual physical effect. normally with these type of powders you get a slight tingle from them and this does the same.

The taste is not too strong (pleasant enough), but it does have a bit of colour to it so it did stain my bottle slightly.

D'Addario PW-CT-15 NS Micro Sound Hole Tuner
D'Addario PW-CT-15 NS Micro Sound Hole Tuner

5.0 out of 5 stars A really and simple to use tuner, 11 July 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I am quite impressed with this little thing. It is very small, think about an inch along it longest access and it works off one of those small watch batteries (a CR2032 if you ever need to change it). Strangely the battery is exposed, but once it is in place that doesn't matter as it is inside the clip.

It took a little bit of careful effort to clip it into place at the bottom of the sound hole, but once there it was easy to switch on and see what tunning you need to do. It comes up with the letter and then has a few bars either side to show if you are flat or sharp. I compared it to an old analogue one that my dad has and it seemed to be pretty accurate.

This is going to remain clipped into my guitar for the foreseeable future.

Liteway Filament 4w ES E27 Golfball LED Bulb, 470 Lumen, Warm White, 40w Traditional Replacement

2.0 out of 5 stars Sent the wrong bulb, 3 July 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Description says E27 but was sent an E14 which is much smaller so doesn't fit.

Packaging looks ok, and the bulb itself looks like a nice cross between the really old school filament bulbs that are popular now with the low energy LED's.

It allegedly puts out 470 lumens at 2700k (warm white) but I have no way of checking that

Mr Todiwala's Spice Box: 120 recipes with just 10 spices
Mr Todiwala's Spice Box: 120 recipes with just 10 spices
by Cyrus Todiwala

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice cooking book with good recipes, 3 July 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I must admit that when it said just 10 spices I thought this book would be perfect for me. I hate having loads of stuff lying around the kitchen that I use only a couple of times a year, so this seemed to fit the bill. It is probably a little more complicated than I was expecting, but the few recipes I have tried have all seemed to work so either I am a better cook than I think I am, or it is just a well thought out series of recipes.

You get your standard selection of Soups, Snacks, Meat, Fish, Vegetarian, Rice, Barbeque and Deserts - so you are pretty sure to find a recipe that you like. And if you know anything about Mr Todiwala from his TV appearances then you will know they all have his signature spiciness added to traditional British and Indian meals.

The books itself is nice and solid, so I felt I could actually have it in the kitchen without it becoming destroyed too quickly, and the recipes themselves are easy enough to follow with the images giving you the carrot to try and get there.

I also quite liked one of the comments for the number of people a spicy pecan pie serves, 8 or 6 greedy people.

Srixon Men's AD333 Golf Ball - White
Srixon Men's AD333 Golf Ball - White

4.0 out of 5 stars Good distance off the tee and pretty good spin around greens, 3 July 2016
I was looking for a golf ball that isn't too expensive but still gave me decent feel. I am a 10 handicapper and after using these for a couple of rounds I am quite happy. The ball seems to go a decent distance off the tee and doesn't feel too hard when chipping around the green. I don't get the bite around the greens as I would with the really expensive balls, but I also don't feel heart broken when I knock one into the trees somewhere.

Scotland T Shirt Navy Blue T - Crystal Sapphire Rhinestones Chest 28 - 30 XS Shaped ( 8 )
Offered by Pride and Glory

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice looking, fun, scottish t shirt, 3 July 2016
Was a present for my 13 year old niece and she seemed to like it. Fit seemed to be pretty good as well so quite happy with the item.

Humbrol 50ml No.2 Tinlet Enamel Paint 11 (Silver Metallic)
Humbrol 50ml No.2 Tinlet Enamel Paint 11 (Silver Metallic)

4.0 out of 5 stars Used to repaint plastic knobs on my oven, 3 July 2016
Got this to paint the knobs on my oven, the cleaning fluid I used had lifted the old paint clean off, and this fit the bill. Obviously not the usual use for this paint, but it seems to have worked pretty well so you can only see the repaint if you get pretty close to them.

Masters Golf S:650 Stand Bag Black/Grey - Lite-Flex Technology
Masters Golf S:650 Stand Bag Black/Grey - Lite-Flex Technology
Offered by GOLFBALLS INTERNATIONAL

4.0 out of 5 stars Decent quality an d light., 3 July 2016
I was looking for a lightweight bag to carry my old set of clubs when I loan my old ones to my friends, so this fit the bill. Quality looks reasonable, the stand part seems to work well, and it takes a full set without any real problems. Probably got a few less pockets than on a more expensive bag, but perfect for the occasional round.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20