Learn more Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Learn more Click Here Shop now Amazon Music Unlimited for Family Shop now Shop Women's Shop Men's
Profile for Tom Ball > Reviews

Content by Tom Ball

Tom Ball (Strand, London, UK)

Metallised Elasticated Ironing Board Cover Silver 97cm x 33cm
Metallised Elasticated Ironing Board Cover Silver 97cm x 33cm
Offered by Home & Garden Direct

2.0 out of 5 stars WARNING: SMALLER than it says in description!, 20 Oct. 2017
I bought for an ironing board that is 30cm wide and 95cm long... and it is too small! Mine is not a Minky - but that's not the problem, it is NOT wide or long enough. So I assume the dimensions shown are the size of the cover, not the board it fits!!

The Party: The most compelling new read of the year
The Party: The most compelling new read of the year

5.0 out of 5 stars Unfurls beautifully, 12 Aug. 2017
The party is beautifully written, with an uncommon precision. The plot hinted, then suggested then slowly coming true. One of the few page turners I've discovered. The readability of a Dan Brown but the wholesome satisfaction of an amazing vegetable curry.

Euroshowers White Waffle Fabric Shower Curtain with Weighted Hem - VARIOUS SIZES AVAILABLE (250 CM WIDE X 200 CM LONG)
Offered by HomeZonePlus

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 6 July 2017
Really nice, high quality - feels more like fabric than "plasticy"

COM-FOUR ® Solid Bamboo Tea Box with 4 Compartments - Tea Storage Without Loss Of Aroma
Offered by COM-FOUR Vertriebs GmbH

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 6 July 2017
OK. Top was a bit warped but it's acceptable

Lapasa Men's 4 Pack Boxer Briefs - PREMIUM ELS COTTON - Boxer Shorts Tagless Trunks (Medium, Gray)
Offered by ASAS-UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Very high quality, 6 July 2017
Very nice, high quality and comfortable. As much as I can get excited about a pair of pants, these are really nice and make me smile :)

Lapasa Men's 2 Pack T-shirts - PREMIUM ELS COTTON - Super Soft Stretch V-Neck Undershirts Slim Fit Vests
Offered by ASAS-UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Very high quality, 6 July 2017
Wonderful, wonderful t-shirts. Very smart, feel great and VERY high quality. Nicely packaged. Never thought I'd be excited about a t-shirt but I am. Slightly tight. The size (eg Large = 41-43") seems to refer to the garment not the wearer! I'm about a 41" chest - and the Large are snug

The Upgrade: A Cautionary Tale of a Life Without Reservations
The Upgrade: A Cautionary Tale of a Life Without Reservations

5.0 out of 5 stars Not safe for work - but I loved it, 16 May 2011
First the negatives - he swears like a trooper throughout and some would describe him as self-absorbed...

I absolutely loved it - I read it under 24 hours - the first time I've done that in years. It's an amusing romp / quest with beautifully told tales of drunken antics. I know some of the characters - but think the tales would be just as amusing if you didn't. It's a brilliant concept/brief - living life globally for the same price as a one-bed flat in London. And his own journey inspired me greatly. I expected many things reading this - but inspiration to change my lifestyle from Paul Carr was not one of them. Probably marmite (like all useful lifestyle guides, not everyone can live them to the letter and work globally with no ties!), but if you've ever experienced wander-lust or wondered what might be possible if you had no fixed abode (And can handle the swearing ;o) then I hope you love it as much as I did.

Confessions of a City Girl
Confessions of a City Girl
by Barbara Stcherbatcheff

5.0 out of 5 stars With many friends in the city, I loved it, 30 Nov. 2010
Many friends from Uni went to the City - and I've always wondered if I should have followed them.

She (Now revealed as Barbara Stcherbatcheff) paints an incredibly personal, intimate account of the emotions and worries she went through. Obviously those would be different for everyone and every career path but I loved it and read the whole book in a couple of days - when it normally takes me weeks to get around to finishing one!

Mastering the Rockefeller Habits: What You Must Do to Increase the Value of Your Fast-growth Firm
by Verne Harnish

5.0 out of 5 stars I have bought at least ten copies already, 31 Oct. 2007
By far the best business book I have ever read. I have bought four copies for our top team, I have bought probably ten copies for others / for me and given them away.

It is effectively ten "essays" on the key topics for growing a business - each comes with a formula that you can use tomorrow morning - with an explanation of why so you can tweak it.

I learnt almost nothing that I did not already know at some level or have seen elsewhere. So what! I am yet to find a simpler, more usable set of tools.

Completely agree with the other reviewer that it's not revolutionary (although very few people DO this stuff) or academic. As a simple, handbook for entrepreneurs with established businesses, I cannot rate it highly enough.

The Entrepreneur's Book of Checklists: 1000 tips to help you start and grow your business
by Robert Ashton

5.0 out of 5 stars Not the shopping list I expected! Perfect if busy, 8 Oct. 2004
I was slightly dubious when I read the title - I want action not lists ...
A friend recommended it, so I tried it and was VERY happily surprised. The lists (main 10s) are grouped around key objectives (get sales/funding etc) - and then allow you to access/choose your options.
There is no shortage of material out there on any one of these items - but as an entrepreneur, it's prioritising and deciding where to focus that' key - and this is the best I've seen.
Start with this - THEN read a book on what you've decided if you need to ;o)