Profile for Jim Wood > Reviews

Content by Jim Wood

Jim Wood

Walking Stick cane pewter wood elegance siren antique black for men handmade Italian-style quality Cavagnini for sale on line
Offered by CAVAGNINI

4.0 out of 5 stars It is a very stylish walking cane and as a ..., 26 May 2017
It is a very stylish walking cane and as a decorative object deserves 5 stars. The workmanship is finely crafted and I am keeping it for special occasions such as my daughter's wedding in November. My impression from the picture was that the actual handle rest was wider than it actually is, and as I have to put considerable pressure on it, after a short distance it hurt my hand. For everyday use I will continue with my Fisher walking stick.

VonShef 2200W 1.8L LED Illuminated Clear Glass Cordless Jug Kettle
VonShef 2200W 1.8L LED Illuminated Clear Glass Cordless Jug Kettle

5.0 out of 5 stars I was very pleased with the kettle, 3 May 2017
I was very pleased with the kettle. As a fast boiling and decorative item it performed well until the lid stopped working properly. As it had a 2 year guarantee I contacted the seller via Amazon and it was replaced without charge within 5 days. Service above and beyond means I recommend this product without reservation.

Durastone Frying Pans, Stainless Steel, Silver, Set of 2
Durastone Frying Pans, Stainless Steel, Silver, Set of 2
Offered by Kitchenways

1.0 out of 5 stars Very Disappointed, 14 Feb. 2017
I have a Durastone Wok and a Milk Pan so thought I would be fine to order these. First use was frying bacon for liver and bacon dinner, The large pan was badly scorched inside at the bottom curve and took 30 minutes of hard graft to return pan to original state. Thinking it was because the flame was too high, the next time I fried bacon on a low light. It obviously took longer to cook but the end result was the same. Severe scorching of the pan and lots of effort to remove. Was it the food that burnt? No, it was definitely a problem with the pan. Tried once more cooking eggs in a light oil to avoid possible burning and again the pan scorched. I have not used the omelette pan and have returned them as defective. I will not replace them and regrettably, I cannot recommend this product to you.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Knife Sharpener - Smart Sharp by Lantana. No1 Choice for Sharpening Kitchen Knives. Next Generation 3 stage Manual System for professional results - ceramic stone, tungsten carbide plates, diamond rod. Ergonomic Design with a Stylish Black/Chrome Finish. Used by Chefs World Wide - Sharpen Your Blunt Blades Now!
Offered by GT Homeware

bought October failed in December...cont bother

E-3lue E-sport Cobra II Mazer 2500dpi USB LED Optical Wireless Gaming Mouse
E-3lue E-sport Cobra II Mazer 2500dpi USB LED Optical Wireless Gaming Mouse

3.0 out of 5 stars Very Pretty Mouse, 13 Mar. 2014
I was about to return it as I set it up and nothing worked. Re-checked batteries/wireless USB and after 15 minutes trying to decipher Chinese instructions gave up and decided to return it. Acting on old method of "if not working, hit it" I gave the battery cover a slap to seat it in place and hey presto, everything worked. Time will tell if it does all I want it to do, but it is very pretty with all lights on, and comfortable in use. The pointer is very precise and I am hopeful of a symbiotic relationship...

Stranger in a Strange Land (Hodder Great Reads)
Stranger in a Strange Land (Hodder Great Reads)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Story, 5 Feb. 2013
I read the book years ago and it is still it on the shelf but it will be easier to take on holiday in the Kindle.

Dazzle Video Creator Platinum HD (PC)
Dazzle Video Creator Platinum HD (PC)
Offered by AOT (UK VAT registered)

5.0 out of 5 stars Videotape transfer to digital dvd, 5 Feb. 2013
I have used Pinnacle products for many years now and have never been disappointed. The capture equipment and the editing software is top class as I would expect and I had no problems transferring videotape with lots of old family cine-film and photos to dvd.