Profile for Claire I will read anything once. > Reviews

Content by Claire I will ...

Claire I will read anything once. "I will read anything...Once!" (France)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Pong T-Shirt Black, L
Pong T-Shirt Black, L

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 25 Nov. 2014
As per description, fast delivery Thank you

A Perfect Nanny (Giffort Street Stories Book 1)
A Perfect Nanny (Giffort Street Stories Book 1)

3.0 out of 5 stars OK nothing special, 18 July 2014
Didn't think much of it . It was OK Well written but could have been so much more just my opinion.

Sky DRX595 AMSTRAD DRX-595 HD STB (SKY HD) 1 Tuner
Sky DRX595 AMSTRAD DRX-595 HD STB (SKY HD) 1 Tuner
Offered by SKY-DEALS

5.0 out of 5 stars Solved the pixation problem from very old box., 18 July 2014
Purchased this box as our old box was very old and the picture was pixialting badly. the box worked great and the picture is great and stable most of the time except very heavy rain which is normal where we live.
I was worried as it's an HD box and I only have a standard Sky card but everything worked fine, as a plus I now have the free HD channels BBC etc but it wouldn't bother me if they weren't there. I was told I would have to reinitialise my card on-line but I didn't have to it worked straight away.
The only downer, and it's really because Sky expect everyone to be Sky plus, is that when I "book" a program I can't red it in the way I used to for an automatic turnover. So I have lost the possibility to record for a couple of hours and get two programs one after the other on two different channels. This is not the boxes fault it's the way the system works now as on newer boxes even those without Sky Plus the red button is for recording

Footprints
Footprints

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok neither good or bad, 28 May 2014
This review is from: Footprints (Kindle Edition)
I couldn't remember what this book was about by the time I got around to reading it, I usually like short stories and these were Ok but nothing to early make me sit up and take notice. Glad I got it for free. the writting is well done, the stories were fine but not memorable.

The Curiosity Cabinet
The Curiosity Cabinet

4.0 out of 5 stars Unexpectedly good., 23 Feb. 2014
I wasn't expecting anything much from this book, I got it because it was free.

I found however that I enjoyed it very much. Not too much of a soppy romance and not too much of a modern chick lit. Decent writing, good style. I enjoyed the characterisation, they were well rounded and believable. The changes in the time lines were well done all in all very good.

I haven't given 5 stars as I hold them back for books that will never leave my book shelf, I would recommend this book.

South of Broad
South of Broad

5.0 out of 5 stars Waited so long for this and wasn't disapointed., 14 Feb. 2014
This review is from: South of Broad (Kindle Edition)
I have loved all of Pat Conroy's work, some more than others, I prefer Beach Music to The Water is Wide. This book has been worth the wait for me . I was given it in Hardback for Christmas 2012 I waited for a quiet week so I could enjoy it without family demands and I was so glad I made myself wait.Wonderful descriptive prose that bring a sense of time and place for me. Just enough self depreciating humour to stop things being too maudlin.

THE FAIRYTALE TEA DRESS SHOP IN EDINBURGH (Tea Dress Shop Series Book 2)
THE FAIRYTALE TEA DRESS SHOP IN EDINBURGH (Tea Dress Shop Series Book 2)

2.0 out of 5 stars Light on reality but ok, 26 Jan. 2014
Light hearted love story that's fun but could be so much better. I was irritated by the heroine who seems to be able to achieve miracles, she sews "several dresses" writes a blog, alters "several" other dresses all in one evening!!! As someone who sews for a living I would love to able to do all that in an evening, not only that but she does it evening after evening. Some of the writing could be better. It needs a bit more editing quote " hems of two dresses that needed renewed"

Forever Torn
Forever Torn

3.0 out of 5 stars Could have been so much better., 3 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Forever Torn (Kindle Edition)
Irritatingly light in style I kept waiting for the background to be finished plotting in and the action to begin. It's a lightweight family story that could have been so much better, thank goodness it was free
The whole text needs justifying. It is irritating to read when words are jammed together and then there are spaces in the middle of a line.

The Heat of the Kitchen
The Heat of the Kitchen

4.0 out of 5 stars Good fun., 28 July 2013
I enjoyed this book it was great fun. Living in France myself I have long suspected that local politics are Machiavellian but know I know they are. I strongly suspect the author of spying in my local mairie. Well written and easy to read, just a couple of places where the text needed justifying. I didn't give 5 stars as I hold them for read over and over books. This was a good light read, I would recommend it.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 29, 2013 12:06 PM BST

Luggage The Smart Way - A Complete Guide to Travelling with Just One Bag
Luggage The Smart Way - A Complete Guide to Travelling with Just One Bag

4.0 out of 5 stars Short and Pratical., 28 July 2013
Helpful short book to make you think twice about what we pack and carry. Of course it's a hymn in praise of ditching the books and carrying a kindle which I wouldn't disagree with but other e readers are available.
It gets 4 stars, I have have taken one off as I felt there were a couple of points that weren't covered so well.I was looking for a list of practical clothes to pack in my bag and because the author says a few times that you can always buy what you can't pack when you arrive but didn't say how you were to now fit that in your case!! Postage home might have been a practical solution as it's something I have done before from the USA when I overstocked on goodies. Not a bad book, helpful links to other sites and I finaly have an answer to travelling with my Epi-pen thanks to the link to the Heathrow site.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5