Profile for Mr. A. Lawson > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
The Circle
The Circle

2.0 out of 5 stars Seriously lacking a strong narrative arc, 27 Mar. 2017
This review is from: The Circle (Kindle Edition)
Reasonably enjoyable throughout, but in the end the story really leaves you feeling like no significant plot arch was achieved. It feels that this is part 1 of a 3 part book series, as the story never really achieves any climax, and if you asked me in a year what happens in this book I would have a hard time saying anything but errrm....

NutriBullet Graphite 8-Piece Set with Bonus NutriBlast Seed and Fruit (Graphite) (As Seen on High Street TV)
Offered by High Street TV

3.0 out of 5 stars Great while new, 9 Oct. 2016
Great while new, very powerful and good looking blender. After a year of use though it became apparent that the design has a big flaw as it is nearly impossible to clean the underside of the blade thoroughly enough.

Gelert Expedition Cargo Bag - Black/Rapid Blue, 40 Litre
Gelert Expedition Cargo Bag - Black/Rapid Blue, 40 Litre

2.0 out of 5 stars would not recommend if considering to wear on back, 12 Jan. 2016
Wearing the bag with straps when bag is full is quite uncomfortable, ok to hold in hand if that's the way you need to carry, would not recommend if considering to wear on back .

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Very nice to use, 8 Nov. 2015
Very nice to use, however build quality is an issue, it has deteriorated in quality quite a lot considering I only use them for bag work for about 2 x 30 min sessions a week.

Panasonic TX-42A400B 42-inch LED TV (discontinued by manufacturer)
Panasonic TX-42A400B 42-inch LED TV (discontinued by manufacturer)

4.0 out of 5 stars Panasonic TX-42A400B 42-inch, 29 Jun. 2014
I spent quite a while deciding on my new TV, as has been many years since I upgraded, my final 2 were this Pany or a Sony. In the, although the Sony is stunning, I do not needed smart TV features so I went for this saving an extra £200 over the Sony of similar spec! Will put that towards the PS4 savings fund. :)

Picture Quality 9/10 (1080p video, PC games (tested Watch Dogs and Tomb Raider),and Xbox 360 all look fantastic)
Sound Quality 7/10 (obviously TVs these days are focused on being thin and there is no room for decent speakers)
Build Quality 7/10 (loses marks as, If I press the screen with my finger it comes apart from the frame, so does not appear to have good build quality, although I have been more than happy with Panosonic build quality previously, so hopefully it will last the test of time)
Value for money 10/10 (Picked up the 42" from Amazon for under £330, I paid 4 times that for my older 32" TV!)

CredDeal-BA88 Sports Hi-Fi bluetooth wireless stereo Jogger, Running, Cycling Headphones Headset with Mic Hands-free Calling for Iphone 6, 6 plus,Samsung galaxy S5 S4, HTC ONE and Other Android Cell Phones.[ Full 36 months Warranty!]

2.0 out of 5 stars Searching for Bluetooth headphones, 15 Oct. 2013
This is my second set of Bluetooth headphones (other one from different company). And really, once you have gone wire free, its really hard to consider going back!

If you are planning on using these to listen to music at a desk or on a train, I would say they are great.

Now the bad part, these headphones are totally crap if you have your devise in your pocket or are moving. The Bluetooth connection drops out (for just a second) but about 20-30 times per song. I have to hold it close to my head for a continuous signal. Not a lot of point in that. I know this issue is with the headphones as I did not have this issue with my previous pair from different manufacturer. I would not recommend these for any kind of sport as quoted in title, not even for walking.

Womens Girls Floral School College Work Travel Gym Hiking Backpack Rucksack Bag (Black/Blue/Pink/Purple) (Black)
Offered by TJH Trading Limited

2.0 out of 5 stars Looks great, poor quality, 3 Sept. 2013
After just a couple of months of use, only 2 days a week I should add, the bag is falling apart with broken zips and holes. Very poorly made product. Would not advise purchase.

Coolead Bluetooth 2.1 Wireless Stereo Headphones / Headset with Noise Cancellation use with Ipad/iphone/Mobile/MP3/Laptop etc

4.0 out of 5 stars Great running/workout headphones, but bad build quality, 15 April 2013
Got these recently as I was fed up of catching the wire from headphones when at the gym weight training or running, not forgetting tangled wires when you get your mp3 player/smartphone out your pocket. So far I am very pleased with my purchase. I didn't see anyone else comment on this, but I can say in my experience that while running the design of these headphones is very good and suitable for running, with minimal movement, no slipping and no connection loss experienced. My old in ear headphones would always slip out over time, so a big improvement in that regard. I have used it for a few hours and bluetooth seems 99.9% perfect, although I found the estimated 10m range is more like under 5m, no issue for my requirements. I read some complaint about the size of the headphones, for me I think they are pretty cool, no wires and I can easily change tracks/volume by tapping the button on my ear, super easy. I consider the sound quality a 7/10.

UPDATE: These stopped working after only 5 months, so I have lowered by rating. While they worked they were comfortable, efficient with the way I could change trakcs/volume without having to go to my music devise. and bluetooth connection was on the whole stable. Im just sad it lasted just less than 6 months before it died.

HQ by Nedis Good Quality 1 Metre Toslink Cable
HQ by Nedis Good Quality 1 Metre Toslink Cable
Offered by MHP Distribution

1.0 out of 5 stars broken, 8 April 2013
Stoped working after 6 months of very light use. Obviously this is not acceptable so I would reccomend you dont purchase this product. Shop on.

Philips HR2000/50 Silver Blender with 1.5 Litre Jar - 400 Watt
Philips HR2000/50 Silver Blender with 1.5 Litre Jar - 400 Watt

5.0 out of 5 stars Very satisfied, 31 Jan. 2013
I have been using this for over 1 year for everything from oreo milkshakes, fruit smoothies, to crushed ice alcoholic beverages. It's really great, no negative experience at all with this product.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3