Profile for bodgit > Reviews

Content by bodgit

bodgit (Newbury, United Kingdom)

GoPro Suction Cup Mount
GoPro Suction Cup Mount

5.0 out of 5 stars It doesn't suck at sucking, 31 Oct. 2014
Used this to sucker a GoPro onto the roof of a rental car (y'know the theory, there's nothing faster than a rental car!). It's bad enough not being able to see the GoPro, you don't need the extra worry of having bought a cheap knock-off mount. You've spent a few hundred pounds on a GoPro, don't be a cheapskate and try and save £10-15. The sucker is very solid and you get enough elbows and adapters to get your GoPro facing the action.

first4magnets 10 x 2mm 1.2kg Pull N42 Strong Neodymium Disc Magnets for Arts and Crafts (Pack of 20)

5.0 out of 5 stars Just the job for anyone with a cadence sensor on their bicycle, 12 Aug. 2014
The original magnet for my Wahoo cadence sensor disappeared off the crank of my bicycle so I used one of these; fits perfectly on the back of the pedal spindle and plenty powerful enough to still trigger the sensor. Looks neater too and there's probably less chance of it disappearing and anyway, I have 19 spares now!

SODIAL(R) Headphone Adapter Compatible with Apple iPhone Recessed Jack, 3.5mm Male Female Extension Plug - Black
Offered by PGTA

2.0 out of 5 stars On the plus side it's cheap, on the negative side it's cheap, 12 Mar. 2014
I got this so I could plug my Shure headphones into my iPhone 5S when it's in a case.

Positives:
- 3.5 mm plug is small enough to fit the hole in my case, (a quad-lock case)

Negatives:
- Cable is badly shielded, I frequently picked up mobile interference
- After just over a month of use the cable outer cover has severed completely around the strain-relief on the plug, and now remains attached by only the conducting wires

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Installation Warning, 6 Feb. 2014
Be aware that there's precious little room behind the Protect when it's mounted to the ceiling and due to it having its own power connector, rather than screw terminals like on some other smoke alarms, you will need a small recess behind for the connector to sit in. I had to get creative with a chisel to make room in the ceiling plaster.

When it comes to the setup also be aware there's no way to discern the MAC address of the Protect beforehand, I couldn't see it printed on the box or unit anywhere so if your WiFi has MAC filtering you'll need to watch your access point logs or temporarily disable the restriction.

Other than that, can't fault it so far.

MountRight Trolley TV Display Stand With Bracket - Includes Castors (wheels) For 32" up to 60" Inch LED, LCD & Plasma Screens
Offered by TV Stands & TV Mounts

5.0 out of 5 stars Good sturdy TV stand, 28 Aug. 2012
I purchased one of these to mount my 47" Panasonic Viera LCD TV and it does the job wonderfully. As the other reviewer points out, it will raise your TV quite high up but this is exactly what I wanted. The three shelves are perfect for my home cinema receiver, PS3 and centre speaker and the holes in the central column will let 13 amp UK plugs through no problem so you can get a really neat install with all the cables tucked out of sight.

Get a friend to help and the whole thing can be assembled in 30 minutes tops including time to argue as to whether everything is straight and centred.

Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time (GBA)
Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time (GBA)

4.0 out of 5 stars Great game, shame it's not a bit harder, 20 Mar. 2004
I quite like platform games, and I remember the original Prince of Persia games all those years ago, so I thought this would be a good 'un to get.
Graphically it looks great as far as GBA titles go, the animation of your player and the baddies are really smooth and fluid. The soundtrack sets the mood nicely.
The game lets you progress at a fairly quick pace and while some puzzles can at first seem tricky, there's nothing too difficult that can't be solved with a bit of perserverance. As the other comment mentions, I find this game in a very similar vein to Metroid Fusion.
My only criticism is perhaps the game isn't hard enough or the maps aren't just a little bigger, after a few days of play, I had it completed. However, it has made me want to try the game on the beefier platforms, so I'll probably get the Gamecube version soon.