Profile for Kindle Customer > Reviews

Content by Kindle Customer

Kindle Customer "obsidian57" (UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Unlocked
Unlocked

4.0 out of 5 stars Worth watching!, 4 Sept. 2017
This review is from: Unlocked (Amazon Video)
After reading some of the reviews (1 star) I should have given this film a miss. Glad I didn't. True there are inconsistencies, poor acting and bad guys doing it for the money. All that in it was a good steady film, with some great acting from the main star, Noomi Rapace. Even Orlando Bloom had a good part playing the likable ex-40 Commando Marine turned bad guy, shame him pissing off the armed Rottweiler owner. It is almost believable, but there again who says governments don't "off" those from their own side if they are spilling the beans? The Spooks film was a better plot and film, yet this is still a good watch, if only the once.

The Arcadian Druid: Age Of Magic - A Kurtherian Gambit Series (Tales of the Feisty Druid Book 1)

3.0 out of 5 stars Just not there for me., 23 Aug. 2017
This book didn't pull me in and hold me, although it was well written. I can't emphasize with the main characters. I normally read these books in less than 4 hours. I dragged my feet taking easily 8 hours over three days.

RocknRolla
RocknRolla

1.0 out of 5 stars Stay clear, not worth time watching., 16 Aug. 2017
This review is from: RocknRolla (Amazon Video)
Thought this would have been better. Glad it was on Prime, cause I would have wasted good money watching this hashed up load of tosh. What with poor flash backs, unbelievable villains and shoddy accents. Don't waste your time or money....

The Old Man of the Temple: A Sword and Sorcery Saga (The Seven Signs Book 3)
The Old Man of the Temple: A Sword and Sorcery Saga (The Seven Signs Book 3)

5.0 out of 5 stars D.W. Hawkins continues to surpass his exceptional standards., 27 April 2017
The previous book left everything in a suspended pause, yet it seemed only weeks since I read it; this new book jumps straight in. The story again builds up at a pace, leading us the readers through landscapes of feelings so immense they take your breath away. I will give no spoilers nor plot twists and turns apart from tell you that this is a far better book than the second in the series. Hawkins captures emotional conflict, desire and loathing with equal ease. I spent almost 2 days in my free time reading this and now I feel empty and wrung out. Can't wait for the next book to flow from Hawkins pen.

Firebrand (Green Rider 6)
Firebrand (Green Rider 6)

5.0 out of 5 stars Stupendous, exceptional addition to the Green Rider books., 22 April 2017
To be honest I wasn't that impressed with the previous book and the temptation was not to buy this new addition. I am so pleased I purchased this one. The story is full of pace, with only little bits of the previous book included. The character of Karigan has grown and grown. There is intrigue, twists and final resolutions to some main threads. The boldness of Kristen's writing, her handling of sensitive issues such as torture, psychological abuse and hearts love are breathtaking. I read this on and off in just over two days, the time just flew by. I can't wait for the next installment.

Train to Busan [English Subtitled]
Train to Busan [English Subtitled]

5.0 out of 5 stars Best zombie film of 2017, 22 April 2017
To be honest I bought this film because I watched the trailer. I thought it was going to be slow but was surprised to find it fast paced, sitting at the edge of my seat. Some of the characters I would have fed to the zombies without a doubt, while the stupidity of some people was laughable. The hero of the film for me was the train driver, the villain the COO of a transport company. It had a few twists and differences to WWZ which made it more frightening. I liked the part where....I will let you find that out. This was a good watch and the subtitles didn't detract from the viewing.

The Zero Blessing (The Zero Enigma Book 1)
The Zero Blessing (The Zero Enigma Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Another excellent tale from the penmanship is Christopher Nuttall., 9 April 2017
I must begin with a truth, I kept expecting Emily from SIM series to walk around a corner for the first few chapters. Those thoughts changed as I was drawn along by the pace and immersion of the story.
Yes Christopher write the others in the trilogy, they are another believable world and the characters deserve to grow on your readers.

Ranidir's Heir (The Realm Book 2)
Ranidir's Heir (The Realm Book 2)

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Ending, 14 Mar. 2017
Good read, if a little predictable sometimes. Very enjoyable and wraps the first book up well. Satisfying ending. Will there be a third? Only time will tell.

The Accountant
The Accountant

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Affleck, brilliant film., 10 Mar. 2017
This review is from: The Accountant (Amazon Video)
Absolutely brilliant. All the cast were superbly cast, the level of believably was amazing. Ben Affleck played a wonderful role, totally believable as a higher functioning Asperger. I seldom give films 5 but I would have given this a 10 if it were available.

The Andarian Affair (Stavin DragonBlessed Book 3)
The Andarian Affair (Stavin DragonBlessed Book 3)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent continuation of Stavin's tale., 5 Mar. 2017
Although slightly short this is a wonderful continuation of Stavin's tale.
The plot to overthrow the King comes to a head with Stavin's killing more men to save the King and the Princess. Returning home with the Princess Stavin is adopted by the King and he returns to end the war that had been started by those plotting against the King.

Am looking forward to the next book.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4