Profile for MattS > Reviews

MattS

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 In-Ear Headphones for iOS- Black/Red
Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 In-Ear Headphones for iOS- Black/Red

1.0 out of 5 stars Pointless. Might as well give your money away., 27 April 2017
Like many others, my headphones have died as the cable has split. They've been lightly used but seem to have big problems at the plug. Massively disappointed given the price. Whilst the sound quality is great - I'd buy something else because in 4 months - a year you'll wish you had.

Just terrible.

Edit: I found that the earphones have a 2 year warranty so should you be in that period you should be eligible for a refund - My annoyance is that I bought these during a deal and now they are massively inflated compared to when I originally purchased them. I guess its not so bad because I doubt I'll repurchase them after this experience - no matter how good the sound quality was!

1M HDMI to HDMI Cable Gold Connectors For Use With 1080p Freeview HD box, HD TV's / Xbox 360 / PS3 etc by Betron

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't buy - Broke within a week, 16 Aug. 2015
Broke within a week. I purchased this for my Macbook to connect to a larger screen. I used the cable for a week and then it stopped working. Great timing as I jetted off on holiday. Now I'm back I cant return it.

Tried the cable with a range of different units and to no avail. Tried a higher quality tested HDMI cable from my tv and it worked fine. Typical cheap cables. Stay away and buy something a little more higher quality.

Terrible product.

MIU COLOR® 550ml Eco-friendly Glass Water Bottle,BPA-Free Portable Sports Bottle,Leak-proof Stainless Steel Cap with Nylon Sleeve Drinking Bottle

2.0 out of 5 stars Leaks after a few months of light use!, 13 May 2015
I bought this bottle a few months ago and actually never used it for the first few months. recently (literally last few weeks) I've been using it more regularly as a drinking bottle. However, following this regular use its begun to leak like a sieve. I have the tea infused version but the bottom and top leak.

When I tap the bottle with water in it, air bubbles rise up and will always rise up (I.e there is a hole or gap allowing air in the bottom which isn't merely trapped air).

My girlfriend has one and she uses it much more regularly with no leak problems (although hers smells really bad and she only uses it for water). I may have had a bad one but its really annoying to spend money on something to have it break straight away.

Really disappointed.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 14, 2015 8:04 AM BST

Cities War Terrorism: Towards an Urban Geopolitics (Studies in Urban and Social Change)
by Stephen Graham

5.0 out of 5 stars Really excellent book - well written and worth the price., 30 Jan. 2015
Excellent book. lots of useful information clearly written and well organised. For a book with such a sad theme its a good read for anyone writing an essay on it.

I was writing an essay about architecture and terrorisms affect on it - this book was the bible for my topic. I used so many references from this source - it really is great.

Rapesco Single Hole Punch - 10 Sheet Capacity.
Rapesco Single Hole Punch - 10 Sheet Capacity.

1.0 out of 5 stars Stay away - cheap and will break., 30 Jan. 2015
Terrible. Bought this for punching thin cardboard and paper. When I got it out of its pack the handle was covered in glue and black fluff (Odd). Used it only a few times and it is now broken. Really annoyed at the quality of the product.

I know it was cheap but I'd have been more satisfied throwing my money into the bin because thats all I've done buying this product.

Canon EOS 650D Digital SLR Camera - Black (Inc. 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS II Lens Kit)

5.0 out of 5 stars Top camera., 4 Jun. 2014
Amazing camera. Had this for over two years now and I just love it. I'm still adding to my lens collection so wont be moving upto a full frame sensor anytime soon.

I didn't really think the touch screen would make much difference but it definitely does - let me explain.
I find it much quicker changing the settings I need too like ISO, F stop and exposure stops by pushing the screen than scrolling through a list of options with a wheel. This means I can always shoot quickly and as I want to without missing the scene.

Well advised you get this over the 600D.

Maxgear MLT+11 Bike Multi Tool
Maxgear MLT+11 Bike Multi Tool

4.0 out of 5 stars Good product - Still works., 4 Jun. 2014
I bought this 18 months ago and its been in my bag ever since. Its cheap and works. Its started falling to bits now in that all the pieces are coming off and the orange cover is flaking but for this price thats not doing that bad.

Autoglym Paint Renovator, 325ml
Autoglym Paint Renovator, 325ml

5.0 out of 5 stars Works like a treat., 4 Jun. 2014
Bought thi for my bicycle to get rid of a few light scratches, some hazing and some chip marks. I was surprised that even the light chip marks from stones in the road were covered after a few passes.

It's light so you can get the look you want after a few different passes. Top product.

Detail in Contemporary Concrete Architecture
Detail in Contemporary Concrete Architecture
by David Phillips

5.0 out of 5 stars Must buy!, 4 Jun. 2014
I saw these in a shop for £30 - £40 and checked on here. £21 is a bargain for these books.

Lots of good details to help you get around some tricky detailing issues and all the details are on a CD so you can adapt and improve.

Wouldn't live without the set!

Detail in Contemporary Timber Architecture
Detail in Contemporary Timber Architecture
by Virginia McLeod

5.0 out of 5 stars Must buy!, 4 Jun. 2014

Wouldn't live without the set!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4